O3 set to be musical orgasm

Posted by sabre

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/10/emw295425.htm

This will be very, very interesting. I love the idea of starting it out minimalistically and then expanding, and I'm sure he will do a wonderful job on it. I'm certain this will be one of the best and most interesting concept albums (concept trilogies?) that I ever listen to.

Posted by Richaod

Aah yes, the Charlie Dominici thing. I never realized that the first one had actually been released until about a month ago. It's hard to find on SoulSeek though. :(

I've heard that he practically started a new acoustic genre with the first one. Well, sounds good. I'll go and try to find it...

Posted by Klarth

Someone ought to hurry up and add this man to the MA.

And now I must buy it. This could be the new Ayreon.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Singing to an acoustic guitar isn't a new genre. It isn't bad though.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting NegativeTrend: Singing to an acoustic guitar isn't a new genre.

[quote]Charlie Dominici Creates A New Genre!
Simply put, Charlie Dominici has gone where no musician has gone before. To my knowledge there are no other acoustic solo artists that have created a bare bones concept album like this. It is rich with meaningful and sometimes politically charged lyrics and amazing acoustic guitar that sometimes sounds like Leo Kottke or John Fahey playing. Less is more... is the rule here. There are no real overdubs or "sweetening" as they say in the music business to cover up a lack of talent. No need for that here. Charlie is about to shock the music fans who know him from his days with Dream Theater.This album shows that whatever the DT fans might have thought about Charlie's abilities before, they are in for a treat (if the listener can be objective).Do not expect any cookie monster vocals or intense musical shredding here. This album is totally original and in todays music world,that is a fantastic feat in itself.That said, you put this CD in your player and off you go to a place where Charlie paints and sculpts and spins a musical tale that will leave you thinking about the meaning of your life while you try to shake off the chills and goosebumps! Buy it,and see!

It's more the delivery/style of the works, according to most.