It's no Suprise to me...

Posted by Random

I work in game retailing in well a Game retailing store (o.k. I pointed out the obvious, sue me). Recently we recieved both the Gameboy Micro and the new Gameboy Advance SP with a brighter back-light. The last two weeks (or close to that) sales differed. The Micro which many would have thought to be a better seller has only sold 1-unit in our store. Meanwhile the Gameboy Advance SP with a brighter back light has sold 10 units. It's no suprise really. I got the chance to play the micro and it is extremley small. My long hands definately can't grasp it well and the screen is tiny.

The DS meanwhile has sold 0 units the last two weeks. I believe going into the Holiday season that Nintendo's strongpoint will be the SP, not the DS or the Micro. Then again it's only our store that I have compared but I've heard from other retailers that the Micro isn't doing so hot. I look for the new SP to have a better sales ratio.

No suprises really. I didn't expect the Micro to take off competing with the other two. It's all sales anyways for Nintendo so it doesn't probably faze them much.

Posted by GameMiestro

I think we all already agreed on this.

Posted by Random

Yeah I don't think I heard anyone say that the new GBA SP would sell better than the Micro or DS..

Posted by Ant

The SP design is far superior to that of the the Micro...smaller isn't always better(although the japanese seem to think so sometimes). Also, I'm curious! How many units has the PSP been selling in those past 2 weeks?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=SomebodyRandom]Yeah I don't think I heard anyone say that the new GBA SP would sell better than the Micro or DS..

I think that the new SP would sell better than the Micro.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The SP design is far superior to that of the the Micro

Except the Micro fits better into bigger hands. Go figure.

Posted by GameMiestro

The original fits best of all.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The original fits best of all.

Truth. All it needs is a li-on battery and backlit screen.

Posted by muffla

agreed

Posted by GameMiestro

I remember playing the original GBA so bloody hard... The thing got marked to pieces. Thats one of the major reasons I bought a DS. You can actually do that now, though, with the touch screen... Im really glad they made that screen tough. Wario Ware players, you know what I mean.

Posted by Random

Curious.. I don't think I even noticed even though I work in Game Retail. I never cared to look.. But is the DS called the Gameboy DS? or just the Nintendo DS.. i think it's just the Nintendo DS but I haven't actually looked. I'll have to do that tomorrow.

Posted by coromoro

It's called Nintendo DS. It is not called Game Boy DS because it isn't really a Game Boy. Nintendo wants to make it clear that they are two separate things. :cool:

Posted by Random

Thought so... I don't know why I never noticed. maybe because i'm not huge into the DS. At least not yet.. I'm not really into the PSP.. I see great games for both in the future but as of right now they barely have better than mediocre games. I much rather play consoled or pc games as of right now.

And if I were to play a handheld it'd be an SP probably..

Oh and I think the Micro's launch at our store is an all time low for a console.. yes thats right.. When the N-Gage launched, the First week we sold 3.. Our total sales overall for the N-Gage after a long time was 3. meaning we didn't sell any past the first week.. But the Micro in 2 weeks has only sold 1 unit which is low. Holiday season though i'm sure it'll pick up, plus with the new advertising nintendo has put in our store for it.

Posted by The Joker

Quoting GameMiestro: I think we all already agreed on this.

I never agreed! I think Micro pwns.

Posted by rudybaga2

do you want a medal or a reward somebodyrandom for working at these places.just because there selling good there or no doesnt mean they are or arnt any wheres else

Posted by Random

Do you want a medal or a reward for being the most boring person of the day so far?

I love working at these places. Though i'm told by my co-workers that i'll feel differently when black friday comes, but I love the work. I should probably be out looking for a greater paying job instead of working 2 part time jobs but oh well ^_^

Posted by rudybaga2

oook i have the best job in the world testing video games and everything else but not many of my questions get answerd....watch G4 tv some time im