Full Screen - Microsoft Internet Explorer

Posted by misogenie

Microsoft should update the 'full screen' in Internet Explorer so that no Window functions show at the top row, and also the scroll column on the right should not show. If you need to use these functions again then point the cursor to their positions and they will show up. Full screen I believe should not show any Window functions.

Posted by Klarth

I'm sure there's something that lets you do this in Firefox.

Posted by misogenie

Firefox is definitely the best and most up-to-date browser. Microsoft Internet Explorer is slow finding pages and is out of date - I didn't bother to update the new version of Internet Explorer because I had to pay for it. Firefox, downloaded for free, is very quick finding pages, especially the forward and back paging. My internet connection is not broadband, just normal, but with my service provider'sPropel Accelerator program, Firefox is able to bring full detail picture for the whole page on maximum acceleration - as if the internet is on broadnet... ah broadband. Maximum acceleration on Internet Explorer is disappointing - picture is blurred, cannot be full detail at high speed.

Firefox's full page function is the same as Internet Explorer - not what I expected. I believe in future they might include this extra option I mentioned above. Always something new. No one wants to stick to the same thing for a long time.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting misogenie: I didn't bother to update the new version of Internet Explorer because I had to pay for it.

Eh? Since when? I went from 5.5 to 6.0 without paying a dime.

Anyhow I guess that feature would be nice, but stuff like that is just eye candy to me. It really doesn't make or break a browser IMO.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Misogenie]I didn't bother to update the new version of Internet Explorer because I had to pay for it.
Internet Explorer is, and always has been, a free web browser. You can even find it included on many "computer" oriented magazines that usually include free CDs full of software with their issues. Microsoft also provide [url=http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1E1550CB-5E5D-48F5-B02B-20B602228DE6&displaylang=en]Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1[/url] as a free download on their own website.

If you're complaining about Internet Explorer's full-screen options showing, then logically you should complain just as much about Firefox's full-screen, as it too shows toolbars in that mode.

Posted by Arczu

Firefox's fullscreen Has bars on the Top, Right and Bottom sides. There is an extension you can get to hide the top part with tabs, but the scrollbar still stays. Maybe the status bar too.

I don't mind them too much. A 1600x1200 screen shows a lot of information every Page Down I press. But then, I guess not everybody uses that resolution.

Somebody must be working on an extention that hides all elements.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=Arczu]Firefox's fullscreen Has bars on the Top, Right and Bottom sides.
I'm using Firefox 1.5 beta 1 and fullscreen mode only has an address bar with the 'back', 'forward', 'refresh', 'stop' and 'home' buttons beside it to the left, as well as the built-in search field that sits on the right side of the address bar, directly beside the 'minimise to taskbar', 'maximise/minimise' and 'close' buttons. Of course, for pages that require scrolling down to view additional content, the scroll bar is on the right.

I have yet to see anything else appear on the screen other than these two bars and certainly nothing has ever appeared at the bottom of my screen when in fullscreen mode. In fact, I am using it right this very moment.

Posted by sniper

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/6571/untitled5cq.png

Not edited... Firefox 1.0.7

Posted by Kal

Yeah, IE isn't that good at all, firefox=best

Posted by Trigger

Quoting sniper: http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/6571/untitled5cq.png

Not edited... Firefox 1.0.7

That's precisely how mine appears, but only if one disables the navigation toolbar before entering into fullscreen mode. Otherwise, the navigation toolbar sits at the top, only consuming a small amount of space. The more I think about Arczu's post, the more I'm beginning to feel that their description is actually picturing Firefox in "normal" viewing mode, as opposed to how it appears in fullscreen.

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="3"]Full screen without the top and bottom bars make the page a lot bigger on my 15 inch laptop screen. Pressing F11 brings back the top bar, but don't switch off the computer if you are a beginner, it's not a malfunction.:eek: [/SIZE][/COLOR]