HOW ABOUT PENN STATE

Posted by veritas

Penn State just beat Ohio State on espn saturday night. Everyone doubted PSU except the true fans. They win and now they're number 8 in the country. Hey you smell that, I smell roses. What do you think?

Posted by Momentum

I think they're probably just another overrated team from a pretty mediocre crowd in the Big 10. Sure they beat Ohio State, but they would still have to beat Michigan (although not great this year, always dangerous in the Big House), Wisconsin, and Michigan State. Penn State's even lucky to be where they are, as they probably should have lost to Northwestern. They're offense is pretty solid, but they're defense is pretty questionable, and they schedule is not favorable.

Plus, getting to the Rose Bowl would involve falls of grace from USC, Texas, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Georgia, and Alabama, all of which who are undefeated and play in much more difficult conferences (except for Texas, the Big 12 blows chunks this year).

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Joe Pa getting his freak on and winning again. They probably will win the Big 10 this year. I just don't think they're in a favorable situation for a run at the nation title (i.e., the Rose Bowl). If they win out, or even if they only lose one, there's a good chance they'll be playing on New Year's Day. But unless they go out and dominate the rest of their schedule and some other teams hit some rough times, a national title is dim.

Later

Posted by Random

Don't listen to Momentum. He's probably some biased Texas Fan who barely beat OSU with like half the yardage Penn State had against OSU.

However he is right in a way. It's dim that Penn State will get a shot at the Roses. I'm not saying Penn State will or won't go undefeated. In either case I doubt they'd make the Rose bowl for these Reasons:

1.The BSC Sucks and will most likely put USC vs Texas (Which both teams have 1 tough contest and a bunch of less than mediocre teams).

2. Even if one of those teams lose, Penn State is still behind Va Tech and FSU (Which will most likely end up playing in the ACC Championship). and Oh yeah Miami who has a loss.

3. PSU Seems to always get screwed out of national titles (*Cough* 1994).

and yeah thats basically it.. They'll have a tough time in Ann Arbor. But hey if minnesota beat Michigan by a field goal which penn state blew out by 30 points, they should be able to win.

Penn State has done one hell of a job. Derrick Williams is a machine. I look for penn state to be at best 11-0 and end up in a BCS non championship bowl, or at worst 9-2 and in the Capital One Bowl. Either way I see a new years day bowl or better.

Next year it'll be tough without that Strong Defense.. The Offense will improve greatly but the Defense will weaken. Penn State next year will be nothing more than a Northwestern team that can score 51 points to beat wisconson but allow wisconsin to score 48 and almost lose.

SH*T if we go to the **** Rose Bowl, i'm buying tickets to Pasadena.

btw I live an hour away from State College.. I've been to 11 PSU Games, including Jan 1st 1997 Fiesta Bowl in Tempe Arizona when they beat Texas.

Posted by Momentum

I actually pretty much hate Texas, and am an Arizona State and Michigan fan. Being a biased fanboy when it comes to sports gets you nowhere except disappointment when your team who you always swear is perfect actually sucks balls.

My teams are not doing well this year. I'm not afraid to say that. They're not getting screwed, they're just not playing well enough to win. I call it like I see it. That's why I think how I do about Penn State. The Big 10 pretty much sucks this year, and teams in it are beating higher ranked teams all over the place. Because of that, it'll be really hard for Penn State to beat Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan state without something random happening. They may have beaten Ohio State, but when you should have lost to Northwestern, that makes me think there's some cause for concern.

I still think they have a good chance of winning the Big 10, and even a pretty good chance of playing in a New Year's day bowl. Just don't hold your hopes up of a national title berth or an undefeated season.

Later

Posted by Random

I completely disagree with the Big Ten Sucking. It's a great conference because they have so many good teams. It's a tough conference and always will be. Now the SEC and Big 12 seem to suck this year. Other than Georgia and Alabama the SEC is full of teams that play less than mediocre scores. Ten beat UAB 17-10 at home. Who's UAB anyways? (Don't answer I know it's Alabama Birmingham).

The Big 12 has crappy teams that are ranked because they beat crappier big 12 teams. Texas is decent but over-rated and Texas Tech shouldn't have won last week. Add up oklahoma which is horrid this year and you have a whole bunch of nothing.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

what?

Posted by Random

ok so i'm pretty ****ed about the Michigan game. I was watching it on Tivo. And the last Drive michigan had, they really screwed Penn State over. I was watching and the Kick Return Michigan had, they had an "Illegal block in the back." Which should have sent the drive backwards about 20 yards. Then the Michigan reciever made that catch however his foot was clearly out of bounce.. And yet the guys upstairs never reviewed it like they should have. Then finally the Michigan guy never fell out of bounds. Keep in mind i Have tivo. I watched it over and over again and didn't see him go out until after he was down. The Referee's put 8 more seconds on the clock. Michigan won with no time left. Doesn't that send you a message? I watched these over and over. Had people come over and watch it. It was legit Bull****. This isn't the first time we've seen bad referee jobs with Michigan vs Penn State... Gah.. I don't even want to talk about it.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Notre Dame had 2 or 3 bs calls too, but I'll say that Notre Dame still lost, and both sides played a good game. I lost so much money this week :( Everything went wrong

Posted by Random

It's bull**** though. Really it is.. I mean they have Instant replay so things like this don't happen, and yet they still F*ck up. If you ask me it was paid... Too many errors repetitively, all in a row. It didn't seem normal at all. I watched Notre Dame lose in the end. Also with Tivo I saw that USC gained 2 yards on a spot of the ball near the end, which was the second to last play I do believe. So really they were given a little help.

Posted by veritas

I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN, I HATE MICHIGAN,

Posted by Crazy K

I watched the game last night (well near the end) and I did not see any problems. I believe I did see a push in the back, but Im not to sure if it was the Detroit game. I wanted Michigan to win. :)

Posted by Random

Yeah well I watched it over and over. I even had others see it. It was B.S.... 3 mistakes at the end seems rather convenient don't ya think?

Posted by El Capitan

Yeah Bush pushed Leinart in the endzone wich is a personal foul.

I don't think Texas is overated at all. They have IMO, the best O-line in the nation, best secondary, and best quarterback. Texas answered the call about the passing game, who is gonna replace Benson, and what about the linbacker depth with Derrick Johnson gone. Vince is throwing the ball great and is looking for the Davey Obrien Award and the Heisman. Freshmen sensation, Jamal Charles has basically made me forget about Adrian Peterson and Benson and is on the verge of getting the best freshmen award. I honestly think Jamal Charles is going to be better then Reggie Bush and will beat Ron Dayne's rushing record.

Is the best quaterback award called The Davey Obrien award and does Ron Dayne still hold the record?

Posted by veritas

Again, Michael Robinson being amazing. 4 TDs passing and 2 rushing in the first half!!!!! And it made me mad because they put in Morelli, but rushed every play in the half. I know they didn't want to run up the score but still. Putting in your 2nd string and 3rd string, just to hand the ball off. It's ok. We won 63-10.

Posted by Random

Yes I know, I watched the Game. I was rather sick by it though. Paterno never runs the score up. However if he wants a definate better ranking for BCS, he needs to run the score up. Penn State could have easily beat Illinois 112-3. Penn State scored 56 points in 1 half. Robinson could have had 12 TD's instead of 6. It was sorta sickening to see that paterno wanted to hold off the scoring. Oh well...

Next up is Purdue. I predict a Penn State 38-Purdue 20.

Posted by veritas

That sounds about right