Best Single Player Achievements

Posted by D.J Cat

Use this thread to post what your best results were from single player games on the N64, or just a record or something you are proud of.
This isn't really a competition just a place to post your personal bests or if you like to show of your best stuff. Include proof as well if you like.

OK, here we go....

Super Mario 64:
Getting over 2000 coins overall.

Basically this involves getting as many coins in each level before collecting a star and seeing how many you get. At the title sceen you can go score I believe and it comes up with everything and you just add up the coin totals from each world.
I managed 2006. I think the world recored is 2083 or so, so I think I have done well.

Zelda: OOT:
Getting EVERYTHING in the game.

A lot of people have done this, but I got every heart, every skullata, and thats all the alls....(?)
The only thing I still haven't got is the Hylain Loach. :(

Perfect Dark
Beating all the One player levels on Perfect Agent.

I thought this was pretty hard, it was very much satisfying when I got to Skedar Ruins on Perfect Agent.
Since then I have also got every cheat in the game except for 1 (Unlimited Ammo)

Bomberman 64
Getting up to Rainbow Palace.

I am very much proud of this one, I don't know of anyone else that did this.
It requires you to get every single Gold Card in the game. That required some dedication, but it was fun all the way.
And now that I am there I have never managed to get past stage 3, whatever it is called.
It seems to have an almost impossible set of bomb jumps to press these 4 switchs. I've only ever got 1 down. The music is kinda freaky as well...

International Superstar Soccer 64.
Beating the world league without losing or drawing a single game.

I remember back in the good old days when I would play the game on level 3 difficulty and be beaten 6-0 by Brazil.
And I also remember recently beating the World League and beating teams like Brazil 15-0, or maybe sometimes 17-1 or so.
I'd like to play someone else whos alright at this game one day.

Thats all I can think of for now, how about everyone else? :D

Posted by Dexter

Quoting D.J Cat: Zelda: OOT:
Getting EVERYTHING in the game.

Perfect Dark
Beating all the One player levels on Perfect Agent.

I have successfully triumphed over those challenges.

In Goldeneye, I am tied with some of the best times known around the Net.

I got that "Perfect" title in Perfect Dark in that multiplayer mode, which was one of the longest challenges I have ever gone after.

When Nintendo Power had those game competitions, I won several of them, including San Francisco Rush times, Star Fox scores, fish catching in Zelda, and a few others. I won a bunch of stuff for those competitions, too, such as CDs.

Posted by D.J Cat

Some of my others that I remembered.....

Blast Corps
29 Platinum medals.

I know at one point in the game I got up to at least 29 of the Platinum medals.
I may have even had more.
When I get the game again I'll try for even more if I can be bothered.

One thing I am trying to do at the moment is to unlock T.T in Diddy Kong Racing.

Posted by legov8

The fact I did every single thing in Mario Kart 64.

Posted by D.J Cat

Well, I unlocked T.T today.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it was definatley frustrating at times.
His car and plane are cool and his speed is great, it was worth getting him.

Now I have to go and finish Adenture 2 (with reversed tracks and silver balloons) and see what happens....

Posted by Xero

Hum...Right...
Pokemon stadium 1
Diddy Kong racing
Mario Kart
Zelda OoT
StarFox 64
Super Smash Bros (got the 4 characters + mushroom kingdom)
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong:on my way (116 bananas)
Super mario 64: on my way
Perfect Dark: I'm on my way
Majora's mask: on my way too

Posted by loony636

I got all the hearts on Zelda Oot and MM. I also finished The World is Not Enough on the hardest difficulty and got all the characters on Super Smash Brothers (not that there were many to unlock!!!).

Posted by Xero

Quoting loony636: I got all the hearts on Zelda Oot and MM. I also finished The World is Not Enough on the hardest difficulty and got all the characters on Super Smash Brothers (not that there were many to unlock!!!).

You got all the hearts? I still need 14 in MM. 4 are on the moon, I'm still tryin to get them, but the goron level is really hard. I'm preparing to beat Majora's mask as soon as I will get Fierce Deity's mask. That will be a new accomplishment.

Posted by Apathetic

The fact that I beat HarvestMoon64 and was the best out of everyone I knew was something I was proud of. That was one of the only games I was the best and it was the first time it happened :)

Posted by loony636

Quoting Flame Ghost: You got all the hearts? I still need 14 in MM. 4 are on the moon

I have a small confession with the ones on the moon, I got a friend to help me. But they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I went on the moon loads of times and I still didn't get it. I also got all the masks in MM.

Posted by Mixhael

Rush 2: New high score on the Stunt level course, 314!

Posted by Xero

Officialy completed: Majora's Mask.

Easy...I've beaten MM with the fierce Deity's mask and it was so easy, that I came back to fight him with the little link again. Made it anyway. I'm working on mario 64 right now and I have 64 starz.

Posted by moonwalker69

I'm extremely proud of the fact I got a lap time of 38.65 (32.14 NTSC) on Mario Kart 64 for Luigi Raceway!!!

I also got 15 points for the snake tossing in Pokemon Stadium's Kid Club.

And my friend and I did absolutely everything possible on NBA Hangtime.

Posted by Xero

Quoting loony636: I have a small confession with the ones on the moon, I got a friend to help me. But they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I went on the moon loads of times and I still didn't get it. I also got all the masks in MM.

Eh! They're hard, but not impossible. I got 3/4. The only one I dint get is the GOTH one. I just keep falling.

Loony, Here's the position of all the heart peices:

Odolwa:You really cant miss it. Go to the right end of the dungeon and take it.

Goth: I dint get it, but I saw the way I had to take: Just roll until you see it. You cant miss it. There's no secrets or anything.

Gyorg:LEFT,LEFT,RIGHT,LEFT Behind the gossip stone.

Twinmold: There's nothin to say. Just fight and win .The peice will be in the room BEFORE the kid.

PM me for more help.
I got all the masks as well. I just cant keep the fierce deity's mask.:(

Posted by Skedar Warrior

my single player achivement would be when i finished perfect dark on agent level,completed all 30 challenges,earned all bronze medals on fireing range,did every gadjet in gadget place,completed duel on the 3 diffriculty levels,and well,i think thats it.

Posted by crimsoncinder

Zelda: OoT

Getting everything, and doing the 3 heart challenge (it was hard)

Other things too, just not comin' to me..

Posted by Dexter

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/Nintendo/DexRank.jpg[/IMG]

If there were another higher rank available, I'm certain I would have obtained it by now. This achievement alone is highly praised by Perfect Dark fans, imagine if it could have kept on going? There was a time I thought I would never reach it, but now I wish there were more. Those of you who are into this game and this well-known challenge should appreciate this. I don't believe there are many out there with such a ranking. This is definitely one of my most paramount and rigorous achievements when it comes to the Nintendo 64.

Posted by D.J Cat

What on earth is with the username and password?
Since when was there a password system in Perfect Dark...?

Posted by Dexter

The password stuff doesn't serve much of a purpose that is known to me. You receive it once you reach Perfect #1. It is certainly something worth admiring. I heard it was used for some secret thing when you entered it on the Perfect Dark Web Site when the game was originally released, but I'm not sure what happened when one did so. I didn't choose that name; it was assigned to me as it is with everyone else who accomplishes such a rigorous task.

Posted by D.J Cat

Ahh, I remember that, the Carrington Institute website, which was probably [url]www.carringtoninstitute.com[/url] (spelt properly if that isn't).
That website probably doesn't exsist anymore, but who knows?

I remember getting into that with the password thing and it had intresting stuff about Maians and so on...