A change

Posted by Prince Redon

I've changed my taste in music here lately...it used to be almost all Trance and not much else, but here lately I've gotten into CKY and HIM. I'm not sure why, I just kind of got hooked on it I guess.

Anyone else listen to either CKY or HIM?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

omg, u shud leik pow3r m3t4l, it is teh best

Posted by Klarth

have u herd new him album? it called "love death death love love death slit"

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: have u herd new him album? it called "love death death love love death slit"

pulling off the winged of a doomed metaphorically butterfly-resembling lover as if attempting "loves me, loves me not" on flower petals (seriously, Ville would find that inspiring)

HIM should become doom metal. Then their fans with heartagram tattoos (the ultimate "beware of dog" sign) would actually start dropping dead on the streets or something like that.

With that said, I don't mind some of their music - I like practically anything melodic that's not mainstream pop (except late Silverchair), but I can't help but think it's really insanely formulaic. I've heard that their latest album is their worst, too.

Better bands. Um, you'll definitely like late Katatonia and Paradise Lost, they're very atmospheric gothic metal (are there even any death vocals on the latest Paradise Lost album?) but heaps better than HIM. Kamelot may appeal also.

Posted by NegativeTrend

You should check out this awesome bands because in soviet VGC that is anyone listens too!
Dream Theater
Dream Theater side projects
An attempt to listen to old better bands like Yes and Rush simply because they influenced Dream Theater

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

haha (Kansas)

Posted by The Punisher

Im not a big fan of Him or CKY, you want to go for a change? How about Auschwitz Thunder Pig, or Circle of Dead Children. In all honesty, I hope HIM choose slit, and take it up the road becuase I could do with out them. My in-valid oppinion.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Needs more Black Metal.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

[url=http://www.cky.com/]cky?[/url]

And I find HIM to be pretty terrible. So no, I don't listen to either.

Needs more symphonic/opera/etc. metal.

Posted by Pit

Quoting NegativeTrend: You should check out this awesome bands because in soviet VGC that is anyone listens too!
Dream Theater
An attempt to listen to old better bands like Yes and Rush simply because they influenced Dream Theater

Don't forget Dream Theater!

Posted by The Punisher

Quoted post: Needs more Black Metal.

I couldnt agree more.
Burzum, Mayhem, Emperor > him
Yes!
Edit:put the arrow the wrong way.. forgive me satan my master!

Posted by Shin-Ra

How come everytime I see HIM mentioned I see CKY as well? They're even having a concert in houston around the same time (if they're not on tour with each other?). Either way, I remember liking one song by HIM. CKY really isn't my thing and just about everything else I've heard by HIM has made me do anything but love it or see it as metal.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Klarth: have u herd new him album? it called "love death death love love death slit"

[Color=deepskyblue]Darklight actually. [spoiler]Yes I'm aware of sarcasm.[/spoiler]

[URL="http://www6.islandrecords.com/cky/index.php"]http://www6.islandrecords.com/cky/index.php[/URL]

I'm not that heavy into them so settle down, I just said I kind of enjoyed their music...And on that note, *Bad Redon, Bad! No opinion for you!*
[/color]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: How come everytime I see HIM mentioned I see CKY as well?

It's the whole Bam thing I think.

Posted by Prince Redon

Quoting Vampiro: It's the whole Bam thing I think.

No, there are connections in the bands somehow I believe. I know Bams brother is the drummer for CKY and Bam is somehow connected to HIM...I'm not sure, how though.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Prince Redon: No, there are connections in the bands somehow I believe.

Like their parallel sucking. HAHAHAHA, no really, Dream Theater dude.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting NegativeTrend: You should check out this awesome bands because in soviet VGC that is anyone listens too!
Dream Theater

lol, that last one is wrong though. It's more by association, it's like "hey, I like progressive metal, maybe I should check out some of the best-known progressive rock bands!"

That's how it was for me, anyway. If it helps, I don't consider Dream Theater to be extremely progressive (developmental) either. And if you think A Change Of Seasons rips off 2112, listen to Symphony X's The Odyssey, that practically cuts and pastes the entire song structure.

Thing is, even if you think Dream Theater are overrated, that shouldn't stop you from liking them, especially if you like progresssive music.