Making Video Games

Posted by Raelian1

It's obvious that everyone here likes playing video games. But are there people on this that like making video games. I'm currently learning how to make video games for the PC. Eventually I'm going to learn how to make games for console systems.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Raelian1: It's obvious that everyone here likes playing video games. But are there people on this that like making video games. I'm currently learning how to make video games for the PC. Eventually I'm going to learn how to make games for console systems.

You don't make video games for the PC. You make computer games. :)

Ayways, to answer your question I do make computer games and sometimes when I'm really-really bored, I try to translate and hack several roms, which you can easily copy on a flash cart and play them on your GBA or PSP. :D

Nowdays I'm working on two games basically, but I don't know which one I should go with. One of them is about offending people as much as possible, by making mini games like aborting fetuses, crashing into the twin towers, hopping borders and getting shot etc. and I have the other one, which is about a dorky bunny who wants to impress a cute girl at school, but fails miserably and comes off as a clingy loser in the end. Hm.

(Beta sprite - 500% magnification)

What about yourself? What kind of computer game are you developing?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Eventually I'm going to learn how to make games for console systems.

Good luck with that.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Vampiro: Good luck with that.

Maybe he meant going to a college where they teach videogame design/programming; Full Sail.

Yeah...

I figured that. But I just don't see him going through with it. Whether it be because he doesn't have the pre-requisites, or he finds it too challenging, or whatever.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah...

I figured that. But I just don't see him going through with it. Whether it be because he doesn't have the pre-requisites, or he finds it too challenging, or whatever.

What about me? I'm planning to do the (almost) same (game design). :O

Posted by Crazy K

I have never made a game in my life. I did download game maker, but I have no clue how to use it or how its used. But I do plan on going to a college that you can train to be a game developer. :)

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

People who follow cults don't play videogames!

But if this guy plans on making a game, I gurantee it will come out like Black and White, except it'll be about playing as Alien Scientologists instead of a divine entity.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Non-ExistentOne: But if this guy plans on making a game, I gurantee it will come out like Black and White, except it'll be about playing as Alien Scientologists instead of a divine entity.

I would buy it.

Quoted post: What about me? I'm planning to do the (almost) same (game design). :O

What about you? He's one person, you're another.

Posted by Klarth

I play about with snes roms. I wrote an obscene patch for Chrono Trigger last summer and, uhm, altered a lot of the sprites.

I don't know if I still have it.

Quoted post: . I wrote an obscene patch for Chrono Trigger last summer and, uhm, altered a lot of the sprites.

Naked?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Vampiro: What about you? He's one person, you're another.

You said you don't see him go through with it. I was just wondering why, especially since he only had 2 posts at the time.

What I meant was, what about me? Will I go through?

Obviously I wasn't expecting a real answer.

Quoted post: You said you don't see him go through with it. I was just wondering why, especially since he only had 2 posts at the time.

Ah, of course I have no real way of knowing whether he will or not. I'm just assuming he won't. Since many do not. And for some reason, he didn't streak me as being the most intelligent person on this board.

As for you, from what I've seen, I think you COULD go do it. Whether you have the drive to do so... I don't know.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The only games I create are with RPG Maker. It's relatively easy to use (for most people...some people), although I find myself helping people way more often then I actually spend 'designing' my game.

[quote]I have never made a game in my life. I did download game maker, but I have no clue how to use it or how its used. But I do plan on going to a college that you can train to be a game developer.

If you can't understand how to do anything in Gamemaker...you may have a wee problem getting into video game design college.

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, um, I make games with Hypercard.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Angelwing]If you can't understand how to do anything in Gamemaker...you may have a wee problem getting into video game design college.

Yeah but I only fooled around with it like 2 times. But I do plan on learning how to make games, thats why I plan on going to a college that allows you to train for a job in video games.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Also, GameMaker sucks ass. Get Multimedia Fusion instead. :)

Have you ever tried RPG Maker 2000 or 2003? If so, how would they compare to this Multimedia Fusion?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Angelwing: Have you ever tried RPG Maker 2000 or 2003? If so, how would they compare to this Multimedia Fusion?

RPG Maker is great for RPGs. Multimedia Fusion is great for games like Mega Man, Contra, Mario. But not for RPGs, unless you want to spend redicilious amount of time creating it.

Posted by Azusa

I liked RPG maker. I used to make some fairly good games back when I had the time for it. But they all got deleted when my parents reformatted our compy without letting me know. I've been too frustrated to do anything else with it since...

Posted by loony636

RPG maker is a good basix program for making RPGs. My friend and I were going to make a Mario-Zelda cross RPG. Mario (who looks like Link) goes around fighting random battles, beating bosses, etc. I didn't work out in the end, we just couldn't be bothered.

Quoting Wicked Sushi: RPG Maker is great for RPGs. Multimedia Fusion is great for games like Mega Man, Contra, Mario. But not for RPGs, unless you want to spend redicilious amount of time creating it.

Ah, thanks. I think I'll just stick with RPG Maker, as that's all that really interests me.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Where can I find Multimedia Fusion?

Posted by muffla

if you are really intrested on makeing good vidio games go out and buy mastering unreal tecnology this book lets you know everything you need to kno about making a game everything from chosing ateem to creating bots ai verry great game im gonna make a mario first person shooter
when i make it ill host it and giv yall the link

Posted by Special Agent Bob

[quote=muffla]if you are really intrested on makeing good vidio games go out and buy mastering unreal tecnology this book lets you know everything you need to kno about making a game everything from chosing ateem to creating bots ai verry great game im gonna make a mario first person shooter
when i make it ill host it and giv yall the link
That would be awsome oh and I have a link to some pre-game making mods, tools, paks, ect... now where did I put thoose files?