Windows Vista Build 5231 Leaked

Posted by Klarth

This one includes Internet Explorer 7 and WMP11. Looks like Microsoft have finally picked up on the fact that people masturbate to tabbed browsing.

[url=http://elliottback.com/wp/archives/2005/10/10/windows-vista-build-5231-screenshots/]Screens[/url]

Posted by higbvuyb

I recently saw a PC magazine with dozens of pictures of Vista on it. It looks great, almost as good as Mac OS X. I like the Glass theme, but I'll probably turn it off because I'm such a tightass with system resources. I think that Windows Media Player 10 looks better, but I don't care because I use winamp anyway.

Apparently the icons will be vector graphics or whatever the hell you call them, so you can expand them to gigantic sizes without them looking pixellated, like Apple did, several years ago. Unfortunately, any normal Windows 95-XP icon will look stupid if you do that.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

those screenshots are cool klarth buddy. thanks for sharing. i like the new look, but yeah, the old windows media player looks nicer.

Posted by Trigger

I remember reading about that whole "Internet Explorer 7 having tabs" claim a fair while back, before Windows Vista was even thought of being brought into beta releases. I'm not really too keen about getting Windows Vista; the glass effect doesn't really appeal to me and I'll most likely just switch it off as soon as I install it. I can't say much for Windows Media Player 11; I lost interest in it back in version 6.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=higbvuyb]It looks great, almost as good as Mac OS X.
Heh, Microsoft's answer to OSX is still quite a few years off. 2011 is the projected date for Windows Blackcomb. Read up on it on Wiki.

Oh, and this also includes the "Longhorn sidebar" that was in the first few beta screens.

Posted by thelaststand

it may look pretty, but ill still be using firefox, due to the fact that microsoft's IE always seems to have more flaws