Thread Modding

Posted by Killer Jordo

I think that it would be a good idea to be able to mod our own threads. Basically we'd get the same actions as a normal mod would get; just in our own threads.
Anyway just an idea.

Posted by Iris

I doubt it. Too much trouble and it'd be abused.

Posted by Crazy K

I think someone already put out this idea, and Im sure it will never happen.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Crazy K: I think someone already put out this idea, and Im sure it will never happen.

It'd be nice. But the few idiots that would abuse it ruin it for everyone else. It's how the world works buddy.

Posted by The Judge

How would they abuse it if THEY created it?

Posted by Fate

I don't think this idea would fly very well. I'd go for being able to edit the title of a thread or have the power to delete your own thread, but that's about it.

Posted by Iris

Delete? Hopefully only soft delete.

Posted by Hyper

Only title editing/locking should be allowed if anything. Deletion would be abused to easily.

Posted by Alastor

It'd be abused way too easily. Nay.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

No. Plain and simple.

Posted by Linko_16

Modding aspects of the thread itself could work, but allow them to edit even other people's posts and everyone would be changing their would-be enemies to "omg ima fag" and such.

Posted by Killer Jordo

good points

Posted by Poison

Quoting Linko_16: Modding aspects of the thread itself could work, but allow them to edit even other people's posts and everyone would be changing their would-be enemies to "omg ima fag" and such.

In another words, too much work and too little pay out. Or in simpler terms, it

Posted by sabre

People were allowed to play with their threads earlier on this year, and it didn't work.

And, let's not forget that if they can lock their own thread, they can unlock it, too. Whenever they like.

Posted by Hyper

Not necessarily, Sabre. Apparently, you haven't explored all of vBulletin's features yet :cool:

Posted by Ex-Linkman

vBulletin is a magical thing...

...and that it should at $160 ($80 a year) a shot! :mad:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: and that it should at $160 ($80 a year) a shot! :mad:

er where do you come up with $160?? It's the original $80.00 then only about $35.00 a year for upgrades.

Pay $160 and you get two licenses!!!! Then around $70 a year.

Posted by GameMiestro

Unless you have over 2000 posts, you might as well not even try to suggest anything.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Unless you have over 2000 posts, you might as well not even try to suggest anything.

That has little to do with anything... though the recognition won't hurt.

A bad idea is a bad idea, no matter whose mouth it spills from.

Posted by GameMiestro

Of course, seeing as you have over 4000 posts, you really can't be a good example against my point, can you?

Quoted post: Of course, seeing as you have over 4000 posts, you really can't be a good example against my point, can you?

If anyone listens to me, I'd imagine it's more because they know me and have grown to (somewhat) like me. The only way that connects to my post count is the fact that I've, well, obviously posted quite a bit. Thus, they've had more opportunities to see who I am, how I work, and whether or not they should value my opinion or not.

That MUST make sense to you.

A good example for you is people like Screenname (I think he has over 1000 posts). I don't think anyone cares what he says, nor does anyone really like him. Yet, he has a large post count.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Jesse Smith: er where do you come up with $160?? It's the original $80.00 then only about $35.00 a year for upgrades.

Pay $160 and you get two licenses!!!! Then around $70 a year.

...You do realize that you have to pay $85 a year for leased licenses, right?

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro]If anyone listens to me, I'd imagine it's more because they know me and have grown to (somewhat) like me. The only way that connects to my post count is the fact that I've, well, obviously posted quite a bit. Thus, they've had more opportunities to see who I am, how I work, and whether or not they should value my opinion or not.

That MUST make sense to you.

A good example for you is people like Screenname (I think he has over 1000 posts). I don't think anyone cares what he says, nor does anyone really like him. Yet, he has a large post count.

Of course, I believe your opinions are perfectly valid. However, I dont believe huge posters are in a good position to represent the underlings of this forum.

Quoted post: However, I dont believe huge posters are in a good position to represent the underlings of this forum.

Which wasn't your original point, was it?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting GameMiestro: Of course, I believe your opinions are perfectly valid. However, I dont believe huge posters are in a good position to represent the underlings of this forum.

Well, considering you've been here sine August '03, I wouldn't consider you an "underling."

Posted by GameMiestro

As Socrates once said, "Some people talk because they need to say something. I talk because I have something to say."

Socrates was also executed for his beliefs and ideas.

So?

Posted by Hyper

Quoting GameMiestro: As Socrates once said, "Some people talk because they need to say something. I talk because I have something to say."

Do you have some sort of inferiority complex? I understand what you're saying, but I don't see why you're making a big deal over it.

Posted by GameMiestro

Hmm. Mabey there should a blog for discussions about philosophy.

Quoted post: Hmm. Mabey there should a blog for discussions about philosophy.

As that would be interesting, I have a feeling very few here have any in-depth knowledge on the subject of philosophy.

Posted by GameMiestro

I can garuntee you there are more people here who know about philosophy than those who watch The Powerpuff Girls.

Posted by Hyper

Socrates developed the method of asking somebody questions to have them discover the answers to their own called the Socratic Method. Aristotle was Greek.

Can I join the blog? *oscar*

Nah, I think it'd be a great blog, if there was enough interest. But this is getting way off topic :cool:

Posted by GameMiestro

I think the topic here was pretty much answered.

And BTW, Socrates could have easily avoided getting executed. He just wanted to follow the law. We really could use some more people like that, couldn't we?

Posted by Hyper

Socrates opted to be executed rather than begging for mercy and going into exile.

Posted by GameMiestro

Interestingly, the guard who gave him the hemlock poison also gave him plenty of excuses why he shouldn't take it. I bet Socrates would be a good president.

Posted by Alastor

Vampiro's right, but for the hell of it...

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=7946

If it's not a good idea it won't fly well with the majority of the forum, no matter whose idea it is.

Posted by Iris

There goes your fun!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Hyper: ...You do realize that you have to pay $85 a year for leased licenses, right?

Uggg....WHY would any one use that when they can pay less year after year after that, IF they want to continue using it. You could pay the normal price then pay nothing if you didn't keep using it or didn't want to keep geting upgrades!!!!