Popularity?

Posted by Arczu

Hey now... how many people do you see holding a PSP in your area? So far, I've only seen 1 person with it out on public. I wouldn't mind getting one, but I thought something like that would be nice and booming here. (and I'm in Winnipeg).

Posted by Random

Quite a few actually. Also working in Game retail, we sell them probably about as much as we do DS's around here. There are local kids that come to the mall and play with their PSP's. A group of 8 normally. So it really depends on the area I guess.

Posted by Klarth

I've never seen one being played in public. They seem to be set to become the next big thing at Rich Kids Who Have Things That You Will Never Get Academy, though.

Along with ipods and all that.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I haven't seen anyone with one, either. But I also haven't seen anyone with a DS.

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

My friend Rich had one and he moved to Florida about a week ago for college. Also, my friend Cory brought his to school last week, so that's a whole two people. I've yet to see anyone with a DS though.

Posted by Jarulara

I've seen 2. I don't think it's people don't want it. I think its just that people can't afford it. People I talk to want it. People who I saw with it said it's the best portable ever.

You know what your right Non-ExistentOne I've yet to see someone with a DS except me and my brothers.

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

Quoting Soulja Jason: I've seen 2. I don't think it's people don't want it. I think its just that people can't afford it. People I talk to want it. People who I saw with it said it's the best portable ever.

You know what your right Non-ExistentOne I've yet to see someone with a DS except me and my brothers.

Maybe it is the fact that it's so expensive, that you see virtually no one with it. Maybe they just don't want to risk losing it, having it stolen, getting it damaged?

Posted by Jarulara

True enough. I mean maybe people do have it just don't wanna get it stolen like you said. Its like a piece of exspensive glass you take real good care of it. I see where your going.

Posted by Axis

I've seen a couple of people with PSP's at my school. That and 2 of my friends have one, including myself. The only game that I like for the PSP is Ridge Racer, I'm still waiting for more games to come out. But I see way more people with PSP than I do with a DS.

Posted by psp

Meh, I hardly see them. Once in a while i see Nintendo DS systems, but i hardly see any of the new systems being played out in public. The systems that i see pretty much every where i go is either a GBA or a GBA SP. I dont know why. Maybe its because they are a lot cheaper?

Posted by Jarulara

Well GBA/SP have been out the past few years and they were fun as hell. Hell they still are. Yes they are cheap but fun.

Posted by Apathetic

Ive seen one PSP out at public. But I know people who have DS's. Like 2. I dont know anyone else who has a PSP. Oh and whenever I meet up with my cousin, were always playing DS.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I live in a hick area somewhat, so besides my two, I've seen my friend's (two of them have one), and somehow 3 mexican cholos at my school with them as well.

Go figure.

Posted by nich

I know of about four people who have a PSP, and one with a DS. PSP is clearly more popular im my circle of friends. Though the PSPs are never playing games, music or movies, I always see the white hand thing sticking out of their pocket.

Me: Hey, what do you have for your PSP?
them: nothing really, a nintendo emulator.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Besides mine, I've seen one kid at my school that has a PSP. And besides my brother I haven't seen anyone with a DS, but I live in a hick area and most people around here are poor so..