Vice City copies

Posted by veritas

I just saw Scarface and there were a lot of similarities between the movie and Vice City. There were about 5 songs in the movie that were in vice city. The Mansion looks pretty much the same. In the beginning there was a yellow chainsaw, same with vice city. And last it takes place in miami.

Posted by Klarth

Referencing / spoofing does not equal plagiarism. It's called an homage.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting 2fast4u: I just saw Scarface and there were a lot of similarities between the movie and Vice City. There were about 5 songs in the movie that were in vice city. The Mansion looks pretty much the same. In the beginning there was a yellow chainsaw, same with vice city. And last it takes place in miami.

It's no secret that GTA borrows and praises mafia movies. It's more obvious in Vice City's last mission, where it takes a lot more from Scarface.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting 2fast4u: I just saw Scarface and there were a lot of similarities between the movie and Vice City. There were about 5 songs in the movie that were in vice city. The Mansion looks pretty much the same. In the beginning there was a yellow chainsaw, same with vice city. And last it takes place in miami.

[COLOR="Yellow"]I've played Vice City a lot and i don't remember any songs from Scarface in the game. They were on GTA 3's Flash FM though. Other than that, VC is an homage of Scarfaface in every way. [/COLOR]

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah their are a lot of refrences from just gang oritented movies in general.

Posted by ZEN

Actually, the mansion in 'Vice City' is supposedly an exact replica of Tony "Scarface" Montana's place. The "chainsaw scene" and shootout on the stairs were a couple more homages the developers threw in.

The game also makes reference to another real-life crime lord as well. Such as "Escobar Internation Airport", which is an obvious link to notorious Colombian drug kingpin Pablo Escobar.

In short, the influences for 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City' didn't exactly come from the most well-mannered individuals.

Posted by BEZ1

Now I wanna play VC again.