Permissions / Searching

Posted by Klarth

Judging from the picture in Poco's signature, normal members (blog mods?) can see what people are searching the forums for. I only ever see "searching forums".

Just thought I'd point it out, what with the fact that I want this amended and all.

Posted by sabre

It says "Searching Forums" if they click "New Posts," and "Searching term: radical" or whatever if they type it into the search box.

Posted by Klarth

I don't see either. I tested it out.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: I want this amended.

Let me guess, you do a lot of searching for p0rn??!?!!!! er you're at the wrong place for that!!!!

Posted by Fate

Why would you want to block members from seeing other members' activity?

Posted by Klarth

Oops. What I meant was that normal members (or, as I said, blog owners) and super mods can see what terms are being searched. Moderators can't, which seems a bit irrational. I don't care whether or not this is taken away from them, I just thought it'd be nice (ie; rational) if mods could do this too.

Posted by Fate

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/end_Fate/Wallpapersetc/online.png[/IMG]

Is that what you're talking about?

Posted by Klarth

I was only really alerted to the fact that there were people who *could* see people's queries when I saw that image. So, yeah.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I can't even find da option to pick who sees what people search for. HYPER!!!!!! :D