darkcore/trip hop

Posted by thelaststand

anyone know any good darkcore or trip hop bands?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Another core genre?

Wait... what the **** is darkcore? That's the most stupid thing I've heard since metalcore.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: Wait... what the **** is darkcore? That's the most stupid thing I've heard since metalcore.

cue eff tee

Posted by Klarth

Never heard of darkcore.

I've never listened to "real" trip-hop, but [url]www.ocremix.org[/url] has plenty trip-hoppish tracks up there.

Try this: http://www.darkcore.nl/

Though I'm not sure if it actually lists bands... since the intro had me giggling harder than the whole Black Metal genre combined. So I never actually got past it.

Posted by The Punisher

OMFG.... That is by far the lamest thing I have ever witnessed before in my life. Im sorry but that is by far retarted. I do admire her English Accent though. I suggest you stick with one core and that is Grindcore.

Posted by thelaststand

yea i had never heard of these 2 genres, but i watched a movie and it mentioned them, so i was just curious

Posted by The Punisher

What movie, You got served? Or did you.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Trip-hop is grand. And is an actual, distinct genre that requires a separate label. Not something invented by a bunch of bored metalheads. Massive Attack and Portishead (both mid-90s British groups, I thiiiiink they're still both at it). Portishead's 'Dummy' album, in particular, is classic.

Don't have a clue about darkcore.

Quoted post: I suggest you stick with one core and that is Grindcore.

Amen.

Posted by The Punisher

Quoted post: Not something invented by a bunch of bored metalheads.

Darkcore does not sound metal, it sounds like something some goofy techno kids would make up.

Posted by Burn

Quoting TheSecondComing: Trip-hop is grand. And is an actual, distinct genre that requires a separate label. Not something invented by a bunch of bored metalheads. Massive Attack and Portishead (both mid-90s British groups, I thiiiiink they're still both at it). Portishead's 'Dummy' album, in particular, is classic.

Don't have a clue about darkcore.

trip hop isnt some bs genre made up overnight. dude above me is right with the Massive Attack and Portishead references, but most people in the States would associate it with DJ Shadow, DJ Krush, and the Mo Wax label. in the 90s it was also referred to by some peeps as acid jazz, though as it got more heavy and hiphopish, trip was the moniker.

it aint darkcore, though. or horrorcore.

Posted by Klarth

K, since the last time I've posted in this thread, I've changed my taste a bit.

Buy Ulver's "Perdition City" album. Now.

Quoted post: or horrorcore.

shut up

Posted by Lord of Spam

QUICK RULE OF MUSIC

If it's got core as a suffix, theres a good chance it sucks.

Posted by mis0

This thread kills kittens.

Darkcore undoubtedly sucks, and trip-hop is definetly something different. Forget the darkcore. Period.

Posted by s0ul

Sometimes I think you guys make up genres to confuse me.

Posted by Raptor

I listen to a few artists who could possibly fall under the label "darkcore," but have always labeled them differently, usually under industrial, neo-goth, or simply "applecore."

I'm not familiar with too much trip-hop, other than DJ Shadow and the like.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I second the mention of Portishead