Possible sequel to Ultimate Spider-Man?

Posted by GreyFox36

I know it is REALLY early to be thinking about this, but does anyone else besides me, think that there will be a sequel to Ultimate Spider-Man? I just finished the game, and from what I could see, it looks like it could have a pretty nice sequel story line. Maybe a type of "What if" story line, where you could control what happens like if Spider-Man dies or something like that. Maybe in the sequel you will get to play as Carnage! (If there even is a sequel) Any suggestions?

Posted by KoH

Yeah, I'm thinking black cat in the next one? (if there is, and I actually think there will be.) I was thoroughly surprised that there was no black cat and that the game only covered the venom story line. I was hoping for something more... Maybe mixing in the very beginning of the ultimate spiderman story line.

To be honest though, and I've said this before, I was sad that the game was so under-developed. At least in comparison to Spiderman 2.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't see why not. Many people seem to like it, and many more could once they work out the various problems that plagued the first one.

However, it would be nice if they replaced Venom with Carnage. Mainly because I found Venom's storyline to be a little boring. I'm hoping Carnage and his unique abilities can bring something new and more exciting to the game.

Posted by KoH

Yeah, and Venom... well... he's only capable of certain things. Whereas Carnage? Come on. He uses his abilities to do more than bite people. He uses like axes and huge hammers. That's awesome shit!

Posted by FullMetal

Can't he also take over other bodies or is that only when he's in his symbyote form?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting FullMetal: Can't he also take over other bodies or is that only when he's in his symbyote form?

Not that I recall. I know he has superhuman strength and agility, he can mutate the symbiote into weapons, adhere to surfaces, and shoot a web-like substance. That's about it though.

Posted by FullMetal

Hmmmm... I don't remember but yeah the stuff you got down is right.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting GreyFox36: I know it is REALLY early to be thinking about this, but does anyone else besides me, think that there will be a sequel to Ultimate Spider-Man? I just finished the game, and from what I could see, it looks like it could have a pretty nice sequel story line. Maybe a type of "What if" story line, where you could control what happens like if Spider-Man dies or something like that. Maybe in the sequel you will get to play as Carnage! (If there even is a sequel) Any suggestions?

It likely will happen, but it may not be about Venom or Carnage, and certainly not a direct sequel. Ultimate Spider-Man, unlike any other game before it, was actually part of the comic book. In the book, we were left wondering what had happened to Eddie, and now Bendis will be including the game-introduced Silver Sable in the comics in a near issue. Basically, the story will eventually continue in the comic book. I'm sure Marvel understands that there will be people deprived of Venom's storyline if everything about him is exposed in games only.

Either that, or Activision will just wait until Spider-Man 3.