Oh ****

Posted by loony636

I did it. I did the big one. I deleted my main hard drive partition, installed windows, and then realised that I had left my backup ON THE HARD DISK I JUST DESTROYED!!! I really really really need some help. The computer was my Dad's and he's lost a LOT of work that he badly needs recovered. Is there any way to undo what I did? Please, this is a plea to you all, HELP ME PLEASE OH DEAR GOD HELP ME!!!

Posted by Crazy K

The best thing to do is go to a proffesional to get it fixed. I myself have screwed up my computer a lot. Now I dont mess with anything on my computer besides downloading music or going on the internet to chat or go on here.

Posted by Azusa

Heh. If you delete your backup, there is nothing you can do. And since you uninstalled windows, you cannot system restore your data. In the future I recommened installing a small harddrive exclusively for backup purposes. But right now, you should probably beg your father for forgiveness and hope for the best.

Posted by Boner

Quoting loony636: I did it. I did the big one. I deleted my main hard drive partition, installed windows, and then realised that I had left my backup ON THE HARD DISK I JUST DESTROYED!!!

I hate to say it, but it sounds like you just screwed yourself. I just had to repartition and reformat my hard drive, and reinstall windows not too long ago. I was wise enough to burn anything I wanted to save onto CDs. Ummmm....better luck next time?

Posted by Klarth

Heh, glad I'm not you.

[quote=Crazy K]The best thing to do is go to a proffesional to get it fixed. I myself have screwed up my computer a lot. Now I dont mess with anything on my computer besides downloading music or going on the internet to chat or go on here.
Then you don't deserve to own it.

Posted by Crazy K

Well I never done anything that bad, I just said I have messed up my computer a few times before, just nothing as big as that.

My first Comp I messed up badly. When I clicked the Start button there was a button that said suspend or something like that, well I accidentally hit that button and clicked on yes. And then that wiped out my whole **** computer.

So now Im more cafeful. The only main problem I encountered with this computer was viruses. And I dowloaded Yahoo with Voice chat and I believe thats what got my computer messed up. I had to do a system recovery.

Posted by Trigger

[quote=loony636]The computer was my Dad's and he's lost a LOT of work that he badly needs recovered. Is there any way to undo what I did?
I suggest that you take a look at downloading [url=http://62.253.162.19/hiren.thanki/bootcd.html]Hiren's BootCD 7.4[/url] and try using the 'recovery' tools available. You could also take some time searching for the programs on their own; I've personally found just having Hiren's BootCD to be very handy when you need a specific task done. In any case, there's eight different programs that you can run in attempts to recover the data that you deleted before formatting and installing Windows again.

Hopefully one of them, if not all, can recover the data that you're wanting to resurrect. Good luck.

Posted by loony636

Well I found a program called 'Recover My Files'. It did a 40 minute scan of my computer and found....not everything that my dad wanted, but enough of it. He was so extatic that he forgot about the whole thing.