What's that game?

Posted by coromoro

I just recently recalled how I used to rent countless of SNES games as a young child. I must have been around five or six years-old. I remember renting Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars, and I loved it because I hadn't played an RPG before that, so it seemed very new to me. Back then I had no idea how famous that game was.

Anyway, I'm getting a bit off topic here. I remember I rented this one game once, and I loved it, but I don't remember the name of this game, I only vaguely remember the game play. It was a platform/puzzle kind of game. You would be this little guy, and you would have to get to the goal (which was usually at the top of the level) of that level. I remember you'd press a button to make a little cube, and you would have to jump on top of that cube. Then after getting on that cube, you'd create another little cube in front of it, and quickly jump on it, because the other cube would disappear if you took too long. You kept doing this until you got to the goal. That was basically all it was. The first levels were really easy, but it got really hard after a while (just like any other game!).

Does anybody have any idea what game this might be? I would really appreciate it if anybody could tell me what this game is. I would love to play this game once again, and let the memories of my childhood conquer my mind for a while. :cool:

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I know where you're coming from buddy, there's a tone of old SNES games burnt into my loving memory but I can't remember the names.
My only thought is Fire & Ice maybe, but don't sell the farm on that suggestion.;)

I wish you best of luck in re-discovering you lost gem.

Posted by bazariah

sounds more like the nes game solomons key, as opposed to an nes game

Posted by coromoro

I thank you both, but I actually just recently found out it was a game called Troddlers. I recognized the cover at a used games' store, and I took the risk of buying it, and it turned out that it was the game I was looking for. I also realised that my description of the game wasn't too accurate. :p:

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting coromoro: I thank you both, but I actually just recently found out it was a game called Troddlers. I recognized the cover at a used games' store, and I took the risk of buying it, and it turned out that it was the game I was looking for. I also realised that my description of the game wasn't too accurate. :p:

So what is the game really like? Now I'm all curious...