What got you Involved?

Posted by The Punisher

What got you involved into playing a ceartin instrument?

For me I would have to say listining to Tool, I wouldnt be playing bass without them.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Grade Nine.

You had to take a course that involved art, music, and drama. The music part consisted of keys, guitar, and drums.

So, yeah. I was already good that the keyboard, but the guitar just kinda stuck.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

My brother got me involved in drums because he was tired of everybody in the family playing guitar, so he was like your gonna be the first drumming smith! And the rest is history:cool:

Posted by Richaod

Parents? Probably.

I began learning the guitar of my own accord though, mostly because I was listening to very guitar-based music... and still am.

I have absolutely no idea why I play the euphonium... no one does.

Posted by TheSecondComing

When I moved up to high school it was an option, my parents were willing to pay, I took it.

Which led to me wasting two years in stupid school lessons. I could have learnt a lot more if I had been listening to my current taste in music back then.

Posted by Killer Jordo

For the tenor saxophone I wanted to origianally play the Alto. However I decided that I would play the tenor instead. This all started in grade 7 when I had to pick an instrument to play in band.

For the guitar, my brother played it so I guess that got me started a bit. Then I just listened to so much music and playing air guitar was getting to easy. So I went into Invermere and bought a Peavey. Now I take lessons from a guy who played back-up for hendrix on 3 of his tours.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

My parents enrolled me in piano lessons when I was six. They said that I wanted to, but I don't remember saying that. Anyways, I'm glad that they did, as I still love to play to this day. In grade seven, we had to choose instruments for band class (if you wanted to be in band, which I did) so I chose the alto saxophone. Now, I probably would have picked something else, but I still like the sax. What I really want to learn to play, though, is the violin. I also bought a guitar, but I hardly ever play it. Someday...

Posted by Shin-Ra

Darkthrone got me interested in taking up the cowbell. I suppose Katatonia is responsible for getting me interested in taking up the guitar though (pre-Viva Emptiness) simply because it's easy to play and still retaining a lot of atmosphere and feeling, which is very encouraging for a fledgling guitar player.

Posted by The Punisher

Thats the funniest thing i've heard all day, black metal Darkthrone got you to take up the cowbell, lol.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Darkthrone got me interested in taking up the cowbell.

lol

Posted by MetalVox~55

I wanted to learn how to play guitar, so i got the guitar and it's been my blessing/curse ever since :)

Posted by Vampire Slayer

One day my friend Manny said I should take up bass cause no one else did it, and so I did.

Posted by Porcupine

Found a guitar lying around, asked to be shown a few chords, made my own way from there. The rest (bass, drums, keys) came from my general increasing interest in music. Then I heard Yann Tiersen and felt the need to buy an accordion. :cool:

Posted by Oforia

I love Trance music and I love Clubs so I decided that I want to make Trance music.