Board request.

Posted by gamer_net

Nice site but where is the castlevania boards at? They've been burning up the charts in egm, all 4 games recieving game of the month or better. How about getting one for us?

Posted by Poison

Quoting gamer_net: castlevania boards

As in more then 1 castlevania board?

lol

Posted by gamer_net

eh, you know what I mean, just a single board for all of the castlevania games..

Posted by Iris

No, it's not popular enough. Sorry!

Posted by Killer Jordo

by the way

What makes you think VGC will give your idea for a board. When I've been here for a year and still havn't gotten any of my idea's passed as a board/blog

Posted by Poison

Quoting Killer Jordo:
What makes you think VGC will give your idea for a board. When I've been here for a year and still havn't gotten any of my idea's passed as a board/blog

For starters, he doesn't seem retarded.

Posted by Killer Jordo

meh..........

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

The Castlevania series is pretty fantastic, but like Iris said, it's just not popular enough. Not to mention there's not a whole lot to discuss that you couldn't sum up in one single thread.

Posted by Boner

We have a board for Virtual Boy, but not a board for Castlevania. Just to give you an idea of how popular that game is for discussion. That, or give you a clue as to how messed up and wacky this place really is.

Posted by Klarth

I'm sure that joining and requesting a board five minutes later is going to work.

Really. It's the smartest thing you can do.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting gamer_net: They've been burning up the charts in egm, all 4 games recieving game of the month or better. How about getting one for us?

All "4" games?

I have seen 'Castlevania' boards on other mega-forums too, but they don't seem to generate a lot of discussion. This, even despite how great the series is, number of consoles appeared on, and how long it's been around.

So that's probably why.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The only castlevania game I ever played and liked was Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest, which was awesome, and challenging.

I'm pretty sure there's more than four games by now.

As well, there are way more popular game series out there that won't be receiving their own boards, and I'm sure that Castlevania won't get theirs, whether they deserve it or not.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm pretty sure there's over fifteen Castlevania titles.

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Vampiro: I'm pretty sure there's over fifteen Castlevania titles.

1. Vampire Killer - MSX
2. Castlevania - NES, Commodore 64, Amiga
3. Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest - NES
4. Haunted Castle - Arcade
5. The Castlevania Adventure - Game Boy
6. Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse - NES
7. Super Castlevania 4 - Super Nintendo
8. Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge - Game Boy
9. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood - PC Engine CD/ Turbografx-16
10. Akumajo Dracula - Sharp X68000
11. Castlevania: Bloodlines - Sega Genesis
12. Castlevania: Dracula X - Super Nintendo
13. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Playstation, Sega Saturn
14. Castlevania: Legends - Game Boy
15. Castlevania 64 - N64
16. Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness - N64
17. Castlevania Chronicles - Playstation
18. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon - Game Boy Advance
19. Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance - Game Boy Advance
20. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Game Boy Advance
21. Castlevania: Lament of Innocence - Playstation 2
22. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - Nintendo DS

Yeah, that's more than 15.
Well I'm convinced now. Make the board!

Posted by Ex-Linkman

The number of games in the series has nothing to do with it, the popularity of the series on the forum does. If number of games in the series determand it, we'd have a Final Fantasy board right now. With that said, Castlevania is not popular enough to have it's own forum.

Also, in order for there to be a new board, it has to be voted on by the mods. It's a pretty safe bet it wont pass.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Linkman: If number of games in the series determand it, we'd have a Final Fantasy board right now.

There actually used to be an FF board here a long time ago. I would think that would get its own board again before Castlevania.

Anyhow, your best bet is to request a blog.

Posted by mis0

Quoting gamer_net: Nice site but where is the castlevania boards at? They've been burning up the charts in egm, all 4 games recieving game of the month or better. How about getting one for us?

Ah, yes, right, I will take this into consideration.

Go away.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Vampiro: Not to mention there's not a whole lot to discuss that you couldn't sum up in one single thread.

That's just what I wanted to post right now.

So yeah. Posted.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Boards dedicated to one series is a bad idea. Unless it's something proportional to Mario or Zelda, then you're looking at certain failure. Keeping it in one of the boards dedicated to an individual system would probably be your best bet.

Posted by GameMiestro

Pick a specific game, and put it in the board dedicated for the system it is on. For example, Dawn of Sorrow should go in the DS board.