HALO Movie

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote=Gamespot]Last but not least, X05 saw brief appearances by two figures of near-mythical importance in the game and sci-fi pantheons. First was a short trailer of the Xbox 360 version of Tomb Raider: Legend, which saw the slinky new Lara Croft briefly saunter across the screen. The day's other big news came as Moore introduced a videotaped message by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson, in which he expressed his excitement about executive producing the Halo film adaptation.

Apparently, there is a HALO movie in the works/plans, with Peter Jackson on board. Initially, I thought it would stink, but with Jackson on board.....

Discuss.

Posted by Alastor

I'm pretty excited about it now. Has it been announced what kind of film this'll be? I'm thinking and hoping CG, or CG with some real actors, sort of like LOTR.

Posted by The Judge

Halo, being the best game ever, will probably end up being the best movie ever.

I love Halo.

Posted by Axis

The movei has been announced for some time now....

I was kind of skeptical about the movie at first, knowing that it would screw up. Now that Peter Jackson has jumped on board, I have some more faith in this movie now.

Posted by boomstick

My hopes are pretty low for considering the extremely low quality of most game to movie translations.

Posted by Boner

Well, it probably won't be any worse than DOOM is going to be. At least it has that going for it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: My hopes are pretty low for considering the extremely low quality of most game to movie translations.

Yup, plus Halo is pretty ****ty as is. What with the uninteresting storyline and characters.

not to mention Peter Jackson can't seem to come up with his own ideas, instead having to rely on things like LotR and King Kong where the story, character and plot are already there.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Cortana's sorta' hot.

I might rent it for laughs. It's gonna be pretty corny.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting The Judge: Halo, being the best game ever, will probably end up being the best movie ever.

I love Halo.

Oh whoa. I almost de-repped you for being a retarted n00b who was actually being serious.

Fooled me.

Quoting Vampiro: Yup, plus Halo is pretty ****ty as is. What with the uninteresting storyline and characters.

So true

Posted by Ant

Quoting The Judge: Halo, being the best game ever, will probably end up being the best movie ever.

I love Halo.

I'd like to elabroate on what he said. It WILL be the best movie ever made. Because, it is the BEST GAME ever. There is no doubt in my mind it will be the best movie ever. I will be so busy yelling "YEAHHHHHHHHH HALOOOOOOO THE MOVIEEEEEEEEE YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" That they will have to kick me out of the theater because of me yelling about how ****ing great halo is and how it deserves to get an oscar! **** I CAN'T WAIT!

Posted by The Punisher

I hope its good. Although the suits look like something off of power rangers. Or at least thats what they were making the actors audition in.

Posted by Pit

I'll only watch it if The Rock is Master Chief.

Posted by Crazy K

I dont really care for a Halo film, well thats mainly because I never played the game, so I cant really judge. But I cant wate for the Silent Hill Film in 2006. :)

Posted by Pit

Quoting Crazy K: I dont really care for a Halo film, well thats mainly because I never played the game, so I cant really judge. But I cant wate for the Silent Hill Film in 2006. :)

I'll only watch that if it has the Rock.

Posted by The Punisher

Yea I cant wait the SH movie. Ive been wanting one since I played SH2 a long long time ago. Its gona be awsome-er than the Halo Movie.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Pit: I'll only watch that if it has the Rock.

too bad, he's doing DOOM

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Velvet Nightmare]Oh whoa. I almost de-repped you for being a retarted n00b who was actually being serious.

Fooled me.
can I get an "lol" from everyone that's actually LANed the game?

[quote=Pit]I'll only watch it if The Rock is Master Chief.
Vin Diesel.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Hey, guys, I jsut got a hold of a leaked copy and oh my god is it so sweet i mean to see master cheif killing those aliens oh my god it was awesome hi sean

Posted by The Punisher

lmao... pure ownage. Anyways, who's not tottaly bull sh[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]ting us?

Posted by Crazy K

I heard that the Rock is going to be in the Spy Hunter film if there is going to be one.

Posted by Pit

I heard Crazy K is gonna be in Doom 2 the movie. I know he's in it cause I have the leaked copy.

Posted by Skitzo Control

My only hope is that it's a good film, so the idiots that hate the game (despite never having played it) will say even more stupid ****.

Posted by The Judge

I HAVE played it, fyi, and I thought it was sh*t. It's no better than any other FPS, and not nearly as humorous as Duke Nukem 64. In fact, I don't enjoy almost any new First Person Shooters any more.

I wouldn't ever place a FPS on my top 10, as there's nothing extremely great about it. Along with the fact that XBOX has retarded controllers.

Posted by The Punisher

Spy Hunter, as in he's going to be driving a car, and shooting other blue cars?

Posted by Pit

Quoting The Judge: I HAVE played it, fyi, and I thought it was sh*t. It's no better than any other FPS, and not nearly as humorous as Duke Nukem 64. In fact, I don't enjoy almost any new First Person Shooters any more.

I wouldn't ever place a FPS on my top 10, as there's nothing extremely great about it. Along with the fact that XBOX has retarded controllers.

Xbox doesn't have retarded controls, especially for FPS's, and Halo is probably the best console FPS to date.

This discussion is for the Xbox forum, not for this.

Though playing it and knowing how to play it are two different things.

Posted by The Judge

Regardless.

Fine, let's talk about the movie qualities. I was under the impression that Halo, like almost every FPS, has a beginning to the story, tons of gameplay with little to no plot development, and then a definite ending, perhaps leaving an opening for a sequel. So how is that a good thing for a movie? Most movies that are PURE action without a plot twist or story development tend to do horribly. And not only that, even if it WAS going to do good, it doesn't even have a skantily-clad, extremely hot woman as a large role, thus adding to an overall lack of a turnout beyond die-hard Halo fans (no, not fans of both Halo and Die-Hard).

Posted by Pit

Quoting The Judge: Regardless.

Fine, let's talk about the movie qualities. I was under the impression that Halo, like almost every FPS, has a beginning to the story, tons of gameplay with little to no plot development, and then a definite ending, perhaps leaving an opening for a sequel. So how is that a good thing for a movie? Most movies that are PURE action without a plot twist or story development tend to do horribly. And not only that, even if it WAS going to do good, it doesn't even have a skantily-clad, extremely hot woman as a large role, thus adding to an overall lack of a turnout beyond die-hard Halo fans (no, not fans of both Halo and Die-Hard).

Dude, most fans of Halo don't care for the story. They go straight into the online multiplayer.

The story is complete garbage.

Now, if the Rock was master chief, then we have something.

Posted by The Judge

Well, considering a good story tends to make good movies...

Posted by Pit

Quoting The Judge: Well, considering a good story tends to make good movies...

Bad stories make bad movies. I don't expect anything great from Halo the movie, at all.

Unless the Rock is in it.

Posted by The Judge

In which case it will be very good.

Quoted post: Spy Hunter, as in he's going to be driving a car, and shooting other blue cars?

As in the current-gen games.

Posted by craeZ4zelda92

http://filmforce.ign.com/objects/040/040236.html

Link to the movie and stuff

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Quoting The Judge: Halo, being the best game ever, will probably end up being a horrible movie.

I love Halo.

There you go.

Posted by Pikamon

Obviously you guys haven't heard of the Halo novels. There are three of them, and the first one, entitled Halo: The Fall of Reach, has a lot of solid story elements. I, personally, would love to see a movie based off of those, rather than the games.

Novels = More story
Games = More action

Quoted post: Obviously you guys haven't heard of the Halo novels. There are three of them, and the first one, entitled Halo: The Fall of Reach, has a lot of solid story elements. I, personally, would love to see a movie based off of those, rather than the games.

Novels = More story
Games = More action

Assuming they use one of the books. Which I doubt they will.

Either way, I've heard pretty poor things about the Halo novels.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro:

Either way, I've heard pretty poor things about the Halo novels.

You mean the fact that they suck?

hence "poor"

Posted by BEZ1

Forget Halo, bring on the Silent Hill movie!!!

Quoted post: bring on the Silent Hill movie!!!

Just watch Session 9 or whatever it was called.

Posted by The Ripley

I think its by a directer that will by out the game, and make a crappy movie. Just look what happened to resident evil.

Quoted post: Just look what happened to resident evil.

That movie was fine. Unless you meant the second one.

Posted by CS Ryan

Usually when video games are turned into movies, the fan base skyrockets, then drops.

Posted by JON

Quoting somewhat117: Usually when video games are turned into movies, the fan base skyrockets, then drops.

just like what happened to final fantasy..

Posted by vgmaster13

they are probly going to mess this up like they do for almost every single video game based movies, i mean its just typical now that all video game based movies just suck. I mean FF7:Advent Childeren might be good and so might this be but you never know they could just screw this up like they do for almost all videogame based movies/

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]Jackson's King Kong battles monsters like the T-Rex. King Kong battle animation is extremely violent. It's like watching two giant elephant bulls fighting for their winning prize - the female elephant. I can imagine the same with Halo, aliens being extremely violent having that animal instinct to kill to survive.:mad: [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by The Punisher

Its funny, most people will expect this to be a flop, and to follow in the foot steps of its predecessors, although most of them haven’t paid total attention.

Resident Evil4- Cliché game about killing Zombies well known game series, sold 3 million in its first six weeks.

Halo- Unknown game at the time, made 125 million dollars in its first day alone.

The companies making the movie must have put some thought into this, as well as this game proved a lot of other games worthless compared to its awesomeness, so i foresee it will do the same in the movie industry.

Posted by Zeta

I hope they mess this up, just to spite the ignorant Halo fanboys (I mean the ones that are ignorant, not all of them.). I'm fucking sick of them going all 'OMG Halo is best game evar! All other FPS are ripoffs and XBox rocks and Nintendo is for 7yr olds!'

I'm sick of having to put up with them everyday at school. I'll admit the multiplayer is very enjoyable, but its still WAY OVERRATED!

Posted by The Punisher

I personally could go either way. I’m not good at halo, and I don’t much care for it. But I’m sure it will do well. Even if people thank it sucks, their still going to be selling tickets and making money. So either way their set, its a win win deal until the DVD is released.