Any one else know how Wiki works and HTML?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Post here about being a sysop (Admin) in the Encyclopedia. The main thing here isn't moding and that kind of stuff since people can revert to the old version. It's mainly to for example edit the index and helping people when they have trouble.

Posted by Hyper

Did you make this thread before or after I got my sysop position? :cool: Anyway, I already got a PM from Stinger, asking for an add. Took care of it :D

Posted by Jesse Smith

I made this after I added you!!!! *Gulp* Hyper has the same powers as I have. Scary!!!!! er who's Stinger??!!! Klarth??!!

Posted by Hyper

Stinger... I can't remember any of his older names, if he had any at all =/ He was fairly active in 2004, though.

Posted by Jesse Smith

http://www.vgchat.com/Encyclopedia/Special:Listadmins

He's not listed there.

er, I think I finally register... Adding his page to the index!!!

Klarth's just been added to Sysop.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I guess I'll help too. Hyper and I are the only ones on the mod base with advanced HTML knowledge; at least as far as I know.

Posted by Jesse Smith

User "Linkman" could not be made into a sysop. (Did you enter the name correctly?)

You need to register there. (It uses a different database.)

Posted by Ex-Linkman

oops.

Ok, all registered

Posted by Jesse Smith

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/Encyclopedia/Special:Listadmins]Added[/url]. I think we got enough for now.

Fill free to change the index layout!!!

Posted by sabre

Quoting Hyper: Stinger... I can't remember any of his older names, if he had any at all =/
He didn't. He's used the name Stinger since long before I referred him to VGC.

Posted by Klarth

And he still posts, very occasionally.

props to jessums. Can we upload images now?

Posted by Hyper

I changed the main page structure a little. Tomorrow I'll try to get the whole layout updated.

Posted by Klarth

I changed the size of the VGC link to be equally eye-grabbing, just not as ugly and mishmashed.

Posted by Hyper

oic thanks :cool:

I'm not sure why there's a table of contents, though. everything is aligned to the top of the page =/

Posted by Klarth

Isn't there a way to hide that for everyone?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: Can we upload images now?

If I ever figure out how to get rid of the php safe_mode error. ftp if the only way to do it.

In my php config files, I got safe_mode off!!!!!

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I'll work on it tomorrow as well. Too late tonight now.

Quoting Jesse Smith: If I ever figure out how to get rid of the php safe_mode error. ftp if the only way to do it.

In my php config files, I got safe_mode off!!!!!

And when I told you it wouldn't allow file uploads via PHP that time I tried to create a imagehost on http://www.vgchat.com/~linkman/, you claimed it was the CHMOD! :mad:

Posted by Fate

Hey, Jesse, this may sound a bit dishonest on my part, but are we allowed to do hidden text via HTML coding?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Of course not!!!! All that'll do is get your page banned from Google, if not the whole domain, and no one'll win.

Posted by Fate

Okay! I was just making sure. :(

Posted by Klarth

@Jesse: That's what I meant by spamdexing.

@Fate: cheater :o