.gif file not recognized...sort of.

Posted by goku262003

well sometime back i uninstalled a program but when it uninstalled my computer wouldnt recognize .gif files anymore it recognizes it as a jpg file. know what program would make my computer tell the difference between a gif and a jpg file and seprate them?

Posted by higbvuyb

gtfo Dragon Ball Z lover

Well, reinstall the program you use to open gif files.

Posted by goku262003

Quoting higbvuyb: gtfo Dragon Ball Z lover

Well, reinstall the program you use to open gif files.

well its not that its just ok let me give you an example when i go into a file and set it by types it would show different types of files PNG files are seprated but both gif and jpg files are clumped together but before it used to seprate gif and jpg files. now i can i make it so my computer can recognize gif files and seprate them again? understand? gtfo?

Posted by Trigger

[quote=goku262003]let me give you an example when i go into a file and set it by types it would show different types of files PNG files are seprated but both gif and jpg files are clumped together but before it used to seprate gif and jpg files. now i can i make it so my computer can recognize gif files and seprate them again?
I assume that when you attempt to sort files by file type, you're doing this by right-clicking in the folder and choosing it from the 'arrange' menu. Ensure that when you select arrange icons by type that you also select show in groups. This should sort your files by their file extentions and then group the same file extensions together.

Posted by NegativeTrend

No more trolling. Are you using Windows XP or what?