Tourney location

Neutral Ground New York
122 West 26th Street, 4th Floor
(Between 6th and 7th Avenue)
New York, NY 10001
212-633-1288
[URL="http://www.neutralground.com/"]http://www.neutralground.com[/URL]

Gauntlet Web site:
[URL="http://home.comcast.net/%7Ekirbysan/Gauntlet/Index.html"]Gauntlet Site[/URL]

[COLOR=green]Tournament Place rules
-No running
-Limit the cursing
-No loitering
-No eating/drinking by the [URL="http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=55987#"]video games[/URL]
-**** its basically self explanitory treat the area with the same respect youll treat your house.
-THROW OUT YOUR GARBAGE.
-no FIGHTING IF CAUGHT WILL BE BANNED FROM PLACE AND
-DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REFUND AND ASK TO LEAVE BUILDING
IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT REFUND NOOO EXCEPTIONS!!!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=pink]Tournament Rules

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: -Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

I don't think I've ever heard of these...

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Lmfao, I typoed October, I wonder how the **** that happened

Mewtwo stun glitch makes the opponent stick to mewtwo, and lets mewtwo do some crazy damage to the point of an easy kill, I think...

The icy glitch is the one where its like an infinite combo where you grab with one, and the other doesn't stop hitting him. I'm not sure how to do it, they are supposed to freeze or something, or I think... someone else can clear that up.

Then there are other characters who can just freeze the game. Of course, I don't know which ones either.

Huh, I've never heard about such glitches. Though I'm surprised that people would even bother with those in tournaments. Kinda ruins the fun IMO.

But if you do go, I want videos or pictures. Or at least a detailed description of what happened.

Quoted post: (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc)

The L-Trigger mod, that wouldn't include holding down the trigger before start-up, would it?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: Lmfao, I typoed October, I wonder how the **** that happened

Mewtwo stun glitch makes the opponent stick to mewtwo, and lets mewtwo do some crazy damage to the point of an easy kill, I think...

The icy glitch is the one where its like an infinite combo where you grab with one, and the other doesn't stop hitting him. I'm not sure how to do it, they are supposed to freeze or something, or I think... someone else can clear that up.

Then there are other characters who can just freeze the game. Of course, I don't know which ones either.

Kind of like how the computer always does it to me huh? Those dam Ice Climbers! We want vids Bulb! Oh and Dark Blade said something about a tourney he wishes you to attend too. Don't know if you got back to him or not. He asked me, btu as always I'm unable to go. So if you do we want vids of that tourney too.

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=black]Ya, thats the scranton date. So guess that means your not coming down to PA then.? I have an obligation to go there. 1, Every1 there wants to see me agian[COLOR=red](for my great dancing skills of corse^^)[/COLOR]. 2, some1 in PA beat me, So its worth it for me.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Im somewhat retired now that my smash game is done with, gamecubes been on the frits for a few months and other obligations so im not really getting better.. Well, som1 will have to go somwere at a later date. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]There still will be the regulars around, This NY tourny wount have much effect on the community here anyway.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]If any1 thinks NY is to far to go to and PA is abit closer check out this stie for the same date tourny. [URL="http://www.thatgamingplace.com/"]http://www.thatgamingplace.com/[/URL][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Dont ask me about the rule set and every1 thats going, Some guy just mails me what to do and what to expect cause im to freakn lazy to look for myself these days... Giants625 on Aim can tell you. He's the owner, nice guy.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Dark Bulb, Pm me if you got a good enough reason why I should go there besides ***ly good ppl.(I got alot going for me at this place, There even doing a Halloween suit matchup were u dress as the guy your playing. [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]That'll teach those peach players, [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Now to get a link costum.....)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000]Meow.[/COLOR]

Posted by Mystic Hero

Lol I hate you guys. If they just put that off until a long weekend I probably could have gone.

Posted by Arczu

What do they mean by "Peach's wallbombing"?

And what does the L-Trigger Mod do? I'm curious...

Quoted post: What do they mean by "Peach's wallbombing"?

It's a recovery tactic. Left/right+B repeated.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

its more than just a recovery tactic, its allowed for recovery, its banned because you can stall on the wall for the whole round. L trigger modding makes power shielding easier, and thats a NO NO, since power shielding should take practice rather than a mod for easy shielding.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

K, this mother****er is tomorrow. There will be MORE than just smash videos, I may just ask poison to let me record and talk to some of these smashers in a joking kind of way, the kind ones... PC and Mofo, Zanguzen, Dire and Comp, Dark Bulb (:-*), D1, if Team Ben is there, then them if they don't mind. Hopefully Wes won't mind saying a word or two, like "Hi" to the camera.

I don't intend on even placing tomorrow, I bet I just get last place with my luck anyway. This may be the last smash tourny for me for a long while :cool:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Oh, I didn't realize this was tomorrow, otherwise I would have wished you good luck. So, good luck! And you'd better be in the camera lots!

Yay, videos! Hopefully you get them on the net quickly.

Anyways, good luck. I doubt you'll get last place.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Back, tired, I wrecked everyone that wasn't a major player.

I lost to zang again in friendlies over and over, and me and him did teams and wrecked.
First round I had to face Philly, and he went pikachu on me thinking he'd win, then he lost and went Ice Climbers and raped me. I was knocked into losers.
Second round, I fought some guy and wrecked him, third round guy had left, fourth round I raped the guy till he was sweating. Fifth round I was put against Comp, and I didn't know what to do :(.

I think thats 13th place, I'm not sure :(

I had so many other matches, I was shocked that I DIDN'T suck from such an gap of not playing seriously.

I wish there could have been a lot of videos, but the battery gave out so quickly. BUT the tourny matches are in there, I managed to get a young link ditto, and wes's samus in action against zang... and dire's game & watch vs zang. A lot of good stuff. Last gaunlet was my favorite, but I met some new people

One kid I had my eye on though, a little 11 year old boy. He was playing a sheik, but I was shocked. He wavedashed and comboed like no tomorrow. Everything technical was in there, he just lacked mind games. But I would NEVER expect someone that young wrecking 18 year olds. He rocked for the most part.

I didn't go into detail in hopes to get videos soon :-p, or under 2 weeks

SO yar, I'll see full results in a day or two and see what I placed.

Quoted post: One kid I had my eye on though, a little 11 year old boy

... gross, you filthy pedo.

Anyways, good job. 13th place out of...?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

rofl

Yeah, nice job. Angelwing's good, huh. When will those vids be ready?

Posted by Screenname

I woulda went if I lived in NYC.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Results are in

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1069923&postcount=265

13th place xD