Bag of Bones

Posted by The Punisher

I read a while back the Stephen King book Bag of Bones. A few of my friends, one is a hardcore litterature fan, but they diddnt realy like it. I personaly thought it was good book. Have any of you read it? If so please post what you thought about it and maybe we could go into a deeper topical disscussion over it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I dislike most books by Stephen King. Whether it's because of his writing style, the plots he creates, or the characters, his stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah I know some people who are like that, but I honestly figured you would like him, granted you seem like the kind of guy who would be interested in his kind of writing.

Quoted post: granted you seem like the kind of guy who would be interested in his kind of writing.

What? Horror, suspense, thrillers? Indeed, I am. Just when they're cleverly written and intriguing. The problem with King is that he's written too many books. Everything just seems to be an expansion on the last. Nothing fresh, nothing new, nothing unique.

Posted by The Punisher

Oh. I understand. What authors do you read? Ive been looking into reading some new material.

I never stick to a specific author. I don't believe I ever have, unless it's a continuation. In my case, I judge a book solely on it's front and back cover and hope for the best. Rarely have I been disappointed.

Anyways, looking beside me (too lazy to look over at my bookshelf), heres a few authors I recommend:

Stephen Hunter - Pale Horse Coming. Fantastically written, intriguing dialogue, and brutal action.
Dean Koontz - Any book really, though I just finished The Taking. Which was pretty great.
Stephen Baxter - Evolution. May not be up your alley, but it's unique.
James Byron Huggins - Leviathan/Cain. The latter being a fun action book with a badass villian. Not to mention the characters are pretty well developed.
Micheal Curtis Ford - The Last King. If you don't mind non-fiction blended with fiction elements, you'll love this book. Barely any action (even though it follows the tale of Mithridates), but it's the characters and their relationship you want to focus on.

And that's all I have beside me at the moment.

Posted by The Punisher

Koontz has some pretty good books, ive been looking at a few of his. Thanks for the list though.