FFXII and Dragon Quest VIII

Posted by Fate

How incredibly true/horrible this is.

Posted by cas

hahha thats funny. :)

I'm still looking forward to DQ more than FF.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Hi RPG Board!

Posted by Klarth

So DQ8 contains a playable FFXII demo? Huh.

I've never actually played any of the DQ games, so I don't really know much. I can, however, see that DQ evidently doesn't get enough recognition in the west.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Angelwing: Hi RPG Board!

Hello. It has nothing to do with RPGs.

EXAMINE THE IMAGE, GUYS.

Posted by boomstick

That's actually probably more true then what it should be, considering Dragon Quest isn't anywhere near as famous as in over here then in Japan, but EVERYBODY knows Final Fantasy.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You cant really expect and meaningful commentary without giving some background. Where did you find it, etc. It seems doubtful that Sony would put the words "and some game called" on an official box. Its too slang sounding.

Posted by Fate

Uh, where I found it isn't the frickin' point, genius, seeing as how it's totally irrelevant. Do you play RPGs? If you really want me to dumb it down for you, I shall: The merger of Square and Enix may have been good for Square, but "bad" for Enix. Enix is now overshadowed in the rival company. Great games like Dragon Warrior (Quest) have always been overlooked when compared to Final Fantasy games. I posted this funny image in reference to that. I guess only some people got it. That's why I <3 boomstick and people like Klarth.

Posted by Xenos

Hah, that image is true to be honest. I asked some so called "gamers", they had no idea of Dragon Quest. :\

It's not just Dragon Quest, I can name many other games that are better than Final Fantasy, but I know 8/10 gamers will not know wtf it is.

Posted by Stalolin

Reminds me a bit of Zone of the Enders or Brave Fencer Musashi. A good game would go unnoticed because of a demo.

Musashi had a Final Fantasy 8 demo.

Enders had a MGS 2 demo.

And I can see people just buying Enders for the MGS 2 demo.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Xenos]It's not just Dragon Quest, I can name many other games that are better than Final Fantasy, but I know 8/10 gamers will not know wtf it is.
Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia, Xenogears/saga, Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Bahamut Lagoon, Disgaea, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, the original Star Ocean, ...

Yeah, the list goes on. It's sad.

Quoting Fate: Hello. It has nothing to do with RPGs.

EXAMINE THE IMAGE, GUYS.

Both games are RPG's, therefore, it belongs in the RPG board. And besides a select few, I'm sure most people found the humour in the image.

Yeah, the FF series is highly overrated. People should be playing Baldur's Gate and Disgaea.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Haha. Thanks Fate that gave me a good laugh. I do enjoy the Dragon Quest seires, to bad its not as big as Final Fantasy. It's really sad that a lot of great RPG games go unnoticed just because a new Final Fantasy is coming out. I'm looking forward to Dragon Quest 8 though. When I first saw the preview on G4 my I just watched gaping. It looked really cool. To bad its sales will only be because of a Final Fantasy 12 demo:(

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]You're telling me i can pay 50$ for a 10-minute FFXII demo? Here, take my wallet, cha-ching. Wait a minute, what's this other disc i found inside? Sweet, i got a free game![/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

Quoting Angelwing: Both games are RPG's, therefore, it belongs in the RPG board. And besides a select few, I'm sure most people found the humour in the image.

Yeah, the FF series is highly overrated. People should be playing Baldur's Gate and Disgaea.

It doesn't matter if they're both RPGs. The thread is about these two games in general and the popularity pertaining to them, not a help thread or whatever.

The series may be overrated, but there are some good ones. Baldur's Gate was all right. Digaea was okay, too.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

So is this real? Are they really going to give us a demo of Final Fantasy 12 with that other game?

Posted by warioor

I can't wait for this Dragon Quest VIII, I got my DQ8demo in the mail and its awesome, makes me feel like a kid again.

Anyway has any one checked out [url=http://www.slimeknights.com/slimeknights/?u=Shogun_of_Truth]slimeknights.com[/url]

Its an Official Dragon Quest VIII community made for us fans (asuming your one of course) Great stuff.

Anyway, has anyone else got the free DQ8 demo yet?

Quoting Fate: It doesn't matter if they're both RPGs. The thread is about these two games in general and the popularity pertaining to them, not a help thread or whatever.

So? Regardless if it's a help thread or not, it's only sensible to place a thread CONCERNING RPG GAMES into the RPG board.

Anyways, I've decided to give the Dragon Quest series a try, as soon as I can find copies of any of them at local stores. Anyone have recommendations as to which number I should pick up?

Posted by Fate

Like I said, it concerns the popularity of the two games, not a comparison of gameplay or anything like that. Quit trying to show me up.

And you should pick up DW I & II.