Genesis Reunion with Gabriel

Posted by NegativeTrend

[quote]Is a Genesis reunion in the works? Former guitarist Steve Hackett says it is indeed. Hackett, who was in the band in from 1971 to 1977, has said that overtures are being made about getting the progressive rock group back together at some point: "There's something afoot. There's a move afoot to put us together again. At some point there's a reformation mooted. It's rare that I get a call from Genesis management, very rare these days. So maybe something will happen, you know."

Hackett said the reunion would include original singer Peter Gabriel, drummer-vocalist Phil Collins, guitarist-bassist Mike Rutherford, and keyboardist Tony Banks. Nothing specific has been arranged yet, however.

Genesis shut down in 1998 after the commercial failure of Calling All Stations, the album Rutherford and Banks recorded with a new singer after Collins left the band.

Genesis recently released a three-CD retrospective, Genesis Platinum Collection, and a DVD compilation called Genesis Video Show.

(Source: icebergradio.com)

:eek:

Can't wait to see them live after they reform.:-D

Posted by The Punisher

I like Phil Collins to an extent, but yeah not into the whole genesis coming back together. Just getting my opinion out of the way now.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Phil Collins is different from the real Genesis.

Posted by Richaod

As long as it's not like everything they've been doing since Genesis all rolled into one, it seems interesting to me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I cant wait.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Ohh yeah I also forgot, this is a reunion with Steve Hacket too.