Future Console Wish List

Posted by Random

Okay it's pretty explanatory really. So i'll cut to the chase and add mine, and add yours etc etc (and no i'm not belittling anyone).

Revolution Wishlist:
I want to see the KOEI SNES Games on the Revolution.
I'd like to see Nintendo move further into Online Gameplay. Not just SSB Online, but perhaps Metroid games, along with Mario Kart, Mario Party, and more.
I'd also like to see a Pokemon 3-D RPG. I play the Pokemon XD Demo at work and it's not that bad of a game. I used to Love Pokemon but it's gone so far downhill I think that it's just blah. XD is fun but it's not the Pokemon game I want. I want to see someone like Ash move into bushes and get attacked by a pokemon and you try to capture it and raise it. Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow were awesome but it was on the Gameboy. I'd like to see Nintendo move forward with the series and Make a 3-D Pokemon Game for the Revolution.
Finally I'd like to see Microsoft and Nintendo work more together. I'd like to see Microsoft maybe allow Rare to make games like Conker and what not for the Revolution. Sure it'd be helping a competitor but it's a way Nintendo and Microsoft could help take down the Giant Sony. Both could make money off of it and help eachother. If would benefit both. Microsoft already has allowed Rare to develop games for the DS/GBA so why not a home console?

Xbox360 Wishlist:
Well basically I want more exclusive and more online play. I can't complain too much from what I heard. Having games like Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Gundam-Wing is a step forward. Now I'd like to see more from those companies. I'd like to see the Final Fantasy Series go completely onto the
360. I'd also like to see MGS4 go to the Xbox360. Hideo never said it would be a PS3 exclusive so I anticipate it to be a 360 game "eventually." I'd also like to see Halo 3 not suck on Xbox Live. Halo 2 doesn't completely suck but the cheating was gayer than Elton John. Finally I'd like to see Microsoft have all these RPG's that are coming out to be great RPG's and not just a load of RPG's that are mediocre.

PS3 wishlist:
Sony.. I used to Love you.. The Playstation 1 was awesome in my mind but the PS2 I felt was over-rated and rather cruddy. I'd like to see Sony make a new Breath of Fire game that isn't crap. Breath of Fire I-IV was awesome. However the Breath of Fire game for the PS2 was about as good as my gas after I eat some beans. I'd also like to see a Final Fantasy VII-2. A lot of people would. If Sony wants me to purchase their console they also need "Great" exclusives. The Playstation 2 had more exclusives than days I lived in my life probably, but I can only mention 2-4 Games worth playing. Sony needs exclusive titles that will rock my socks. Oh and please sony.. The whole Boomerang controller... I'm not saying I hate it now, but please for
Chr1sts sakes please change where your Fuking analogs are located! Inward analogs suck hardcore! I rather have a nice comfortable up and down like the Xbox controller where my hand is perfect fit without being in an akward position, than I would a Playstation controller that has inward analogs which make it unbelievably hard to use in certain games.

ok enough ranting and raving..

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Revolution: Not only future titles with online multiplayer, but downloadable past games with online multiplayer. I've never been a huge fan of online gaming, but I would love to dabble in New Tetris Online and the original Super Smash Brothers among others.

I want Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Brothers, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and Mario RPG games galore from Nintendo themselves.

I want Castlevania, a Final Fantasy spin-off (I've always enjoyed those more than the main series), Soul Calibur, Resident Evil, MegaMan, and Shadowgate from 3rd-parties. If that's all that 3rd-parties give the Revolution in the next generation, it'll be more than enough to satisfy me.

X-box 360: I want this system to be Sega's main focus for their next-gen efforts. Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue, Nights, Burning Rangers, Shining Force, the works. I want Rare to finish and release some games after Perfect Dark and Kameo. I want Square, Konami, Capcom, Bandai, Tecmo, UbiSoft, and EA to support this system so heavily that the ps3's 3rd-party exclusives are nothing more than the scraps that fall from the table.

ps3: I want 3rd-party developers to stop being sony's *****es. They need to stop making bad deals like Namco's with Soul Calibur III and concentrate instead on making the best games they can with whatever hardware is the most powerful and easiest to develop for or, in Nintendo's case, can take their game in the innovative direction they want. I want the ps3 to die a horrible, sputtering death in the marketplace after no more than 3 years due to an overdose of pathetic exclusives and sub-par multi-platform ports coupled with outrageous hardware pricing. I want sony brought to their knees in this generation and I want to see Nintendo and Microsoft laugh in their faces when it happens.

Posted by Big Boss

PlayStation 3

- I want to see a new G[color=yellowgreen]o
d of War game, and I'd like it to be the second entry in the series rather than the third (with rumors of a sequel coming for the PS2 in late '06 looming in the background).

- While there are rumors of an Iron Man game, Activision confirmed to us at Full Sail that it was in development for an unnamed platform a few months back. EGM made a reference to David Jaffe wanting to make an Iron Man game, so I'm hoping Sony and Activision could co-publish the game while SCEA develops it. Make Mine Marvel!

- The dislike for the new batarang controller has forcefully reached Sony's ears, so it's good that they keep reminding people that it is just a prototype. Immersion Corporation sued Sony for the rumble feature in the controllers, so I'm hoping at least the design of the Dual Shock itself remains intact. They could just as well license the technology and get it over with, too.

- I'd like third parties to continue support for the PS3, as well, especially from the big three (Capcom, Konami, SquareEnix). Even if the controller looks horrible, the shoulder buttons seem to be placed in the same way as the DS2, as well as the evenly placed analog sticks. I find their position to be a lot more comfortable than putting the analog stick in place of the d-pad on the upper left part of the face. Games have always played more comfortably on the PS1 and PS2 versions thanks to its ergonomic controller. Plus, the d-pad for Sony systems has kicked the crap out of the competition since its inception on the original PlayStation, and with announcements of 2D fighters for next-gen consoles in the horizon, I want to play them without getting an arcade controller mock-up.

Revolution

- I'm expecting developers to use the remote as the main focus for their games. While I don't see this "innovation" as a step above what games and consoles can do today, it'd certainly be fun to play something different every once in a while. Since the N64 and GameCube saw use every six or so months throughout the world, let it at least be for something new and exciting this time around.

- I'm hoping classic games (NES, SNES, N64) come in reasonably priced packages. I hope Nintendo understands how easy it is these days to play NES and SNES games illegally (through ROMs) or legally (by downloading a service), so they should make the price attractive to gamers.

- I expect whatever controller shell they plan to make to be comfortable for games up to the N64, which can be hard considering the N64 controller is quite different from the NES or SNES. I can already see the million accessories I'll have to get for the console.

Xbox 360

- Online play needs to be at least as good as in the original Xbox. It seems they're heading in the right direction, so it looks promising.

- I was hoping the new controller would have a better d-pad, and that the addition of two new buttons (RB, LB) would make it as ergonomic as the Dual Shock's. However, after playing on the 360 a week ago, it's very uncomfortable to use the triggers with your middle fingers while using the other shoulder buttons with your index fingers at the same time. It's a shame, because that means their use won't be synched, like it usually is with some PS1 and PS2 games. The controller does feel smaller than the S controller, although either way I would've been fine with. Too bad there is not a big difference with this controller and the old one as I had hoped, which means 360 still won't have the most friendly controller.

- I don't like the idea of a removable hard drive, and I was hoping the 360 would be the one console that would support it straight from the box. Sadly, since a hard drive isn't a fundamental piece of the hardware like it was in the Xbox, developers won't be forced to use its advantages. Obviously, I'm expecting the Marvel MMO to take advantage of it, but it would've been better if it was a necessity.

- Ninja Gaiden, Fable, BioWare and Sega titles have been definitive games for the Xbox, and I expect it to be the same in the coming generation.

- Make a memory card that's actually worth having. Make transfering files easy between systems, and don't let developers get away with not allowing it (Tecmo, BioWare).[/color]

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Hideo never said it would be a PS3 exclusive so I anticipate it to be a 360 game "eventually." I'd also like to see Halo 3 not suck on Xbox Live. Halo 2 doesn't completely suck but the cheating was gayer than Elton John.

The MGS4 E3 trailer ended with "Only on PS3," so it might be an exclusive. Plus, Konami knows Sony hardware. I wouldn't want a crappy port of the game to the 360 in the same way Substance was ported for the Xbox.

As for Halo 2 cheaters, they've gone down considerably since Bungie reset the rankings a few months ago.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]- I expect whatever controller shell they plan to make to be comfortable for games up to the N64, which can be hard considering the N64 controller is quite different from the NES or SNES. I can already see the million accessories I'll have to get for the console.[/COLOR][/FONT]

It's not that different, really. Take a look at this:

[IMG]http://www.ugr.net/reviews/n64hware/images/makopad1.gif[/IMG]

It's an N64 Pad that could work very easily as a SNES pad. I actually have one of these. They kinda suck because some of the button placement is a bit dodgy, but it could be made to work with a few tweaks.

Xbox 360:

- Give me some games I actually give a crap about, seriously. Don't go all Xbox on me and release nothing but FPSs, naff platformers and driving simulators. Stop aiming for your core demographic of 25 year old blokes who like nothing but cars, guns and women, be like Sony and Nintendo and go for EVERYONE.

- IF YOU RUIN PERFECT DARK I SWEAR, I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD THAT I WILL COME IN THE NIGHT AND SLIT YOUR SCRAWNY LITTLE THROAT.

PS3:

- Quite frankly, I want you to do a Nintendo. Suffer a humiliating defeat, be forced into a niche and struggle to hold even a modest marketshare. Then rise again, enlightened and actually creative. We all know you don't give a shit about games, you never have done. Hell, you barely give a crap about your movies and music, and they're the reason you entered the gaming industry in the first place; to secure all 3.

Revolution:

- I don't ask much of you, really. You've kept me happy for the most part as long as I can remember, but that also means you've always been the underdog in my eyes since even the SNES days (even though SNES beat Megadrive, Megadrive was still seen as 'cooler'). This generation I want you to seriously open up and kick some ass. Make gaming truly mainstream, as mainstream as music and film.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Big Boss:
- I expect whatever controller shell they plan to make to be comfortable for games up to the N64, which can be hard considering the N64 controller is quite different from the NES or SNES. I can already see the million accessories I'll have to get for the console.

The controller shell doesn't actually have to be used for the nes. You can just turn the "remote" sideways and you got yourself a nes controller. That still doesn't fix the problem between the snes and n64 controllers, though.

Posted by Random

After thinking about what speedfreak said.. The Controller could work like that for the N64/SNES games. Just use the yellow arrows for the x, y, a, b. Seems rather logical.

Posted by Bebop

[quote=Big Boss]The MGS4 E3 trailer ended with "Only on PS3," so it might be an exclusive. Plus, Konami knows Sony hardware. I wouldn't want a crappy port of the game to the 360 in the same way Substance was ported for the Xbox.

Resident Evil 4 said exclusive in trailers and also Metal Gear has gone to PC and Xbox. It's very possilbe I think.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Bebop: Resident Evil 4 said exclusive in trailers and also Metal Gear has gone to PC and Xbox. It's very possilbe I think.

Don't forget the remake of Metal Gear Solid for Gamecube.

Posted by Random

Yes I agree. I wouldn't be suprised to see MGS 4 on the 360 and maybe the Revolution. Probably not at the same time as the PS3 version, but it maybe released for the other consoles. Only time will tell my friends, only time will tell.

Posted by obryen

I'd like to see Nintendo include some demos with their console. Now that every home console has a built in system menu, there's room for some low-level demos, just in case you can't afford a game with your system right at first, or just if you want to screw around for a while. Especially with Nintendo's new weird controller, it'd be nice to have a swordfighting demo or something just to let you get used to it. They could even include a couple of classic light gun games as demos, like Duck Hunt or some of the Super Scope 6 games.

As for Microsoft, I'm actually not mad at them this time around. They made the not so horribly expensive default console, not innovative, but functional. Good for them. A sequel to Freelancer on the 360 might be fun.

And Sony ****es me off. I am not paying $500 for a console. The technology doesn't need to go so far that only rich kids can play video games.

Posted by Burrito

Nintendo said that you could download demos online using the revolution.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Burrito: Nintendo said that you could download demos online using the revolution.

You can do that with Xbox 360. :l

Posted by Burrito

Yeah, I was just excited when Nintendo said it would have demoes because they didn't give any demoes for gamecube and that bothered me a bit.

Posted by Random

Quoting Burrito: Yeah, I was just excited when Nintendo said it would have demoes because they didn't give any demoes for gamecube and that bothered me a bit.

There were demo's for the Gamecube.. infact theres a Pokemon XD Demo out now along with a few other games..

Posted by Lord of Spam

Innovati- oh, hi Nintendo.

Posted by Random

Another wish of mine now that I think about it is possibly a drop in the Detachable HD for the 360. It's $99.99 but comes with the Fully Loaded System. The Detachable HD is a Great Idea! I mean you can use it like a Memory Card but yet it's a Hard-Drive which holds much more space. I'd like to see the price drop to about $70. Though I have a fully loaded pre ordered, it'd be nice if I ever had to part ways with my 360 and planned on buying a core system.

Posted by Drewboy64

One wish is to have Soul Calibur 3 on the gamecube, but that's not next gen, so...
I would like HD on Rev and a new FPS i guess. I wish PD would come back to Rev, although I know that won't happen, **** Rare and **** Microsoft. But if it did, then they should change the look of Joanna Dark. She looks stupid now.

Posted by Random

Drewboy.. You need to be a little less of a fanboy..

I doubt Soul Caliber III will move away from the PS2. At work we have flyers for the game saying Exclusive to only the PS2.

You probably will see a FPS on the Revolution at some point. I don't know what but I know there should be one.

Perfect Dark should be a fun game. After watching gameplay and what not, it's look really awesome. It'll definately be a game i'll purchase when it hits stores.

And who knows.. Maybe Nintendo will sell an optional HD. The PS2 failed to do it but I think it was poor timing for the Launch of the HD. I'm not saying Sony didn't sell any, but it was a pretty big flop.

Posted by Drewboy64

Well, this is a wishlist and I said waht I wanted. The reason I want SCIII and PD is because I wouldn't buy those systems - too expensive/nothing else I'd want. As for joanna dark's look, they really did ruin it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm going to have to add that I wish that they would make the harddrives mandatory. When you think aboutit, it makes so much more sense. if the harddrive is optional, then the designers of games have to design them with people who dont own harddrives in mind. That is one of hte reasons nobody made any good games for hte PS2 harddrive: nobody had one, and developers couldnt take the risk that people wouldnt buy them just for their game. However, if the harddrive is madatory, then developers can only assume that people do have them, in which case, all sorts of goodies can be developed for it.

Posted by blade527

I wish nintendo would stop celebrating the past of video gaming and make a new "past" that we will remember in future years to come.

Posted by Drewboy64

what the hell are you talking about, fool?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I think he's saying that Nintendo relies too heavily on their past works, whereas everyone else relies heavily on Nintendo's past works but puts different characters, storylines, and music in them.