Open Challenge of some sort

Posted by Sting

I guess I could try this. I don't do much writing outside my literature classes, but I figure I could improve on it somehow. I'm not sure how to start this, so I'll let my challenger explain.

Posted by Crono

And he even stole my font. -_-

Posted by Sting

Eh, sorry, I couldn't find any suitable ones that would work on this site.

Posted by Crono

That's all right. I'll take this up after my incredibly long overdue response to Malichi is made. Most likely both will be up sometime tommorrow, now that I'm finally done with classes.

First things first. Do you want to make the scenery or make the first attack?

Posted by Sting

Well, I could give scenery a shot, and since you're in another battle it could be good for both of us. I've been feeling a rather creative spur after watching so many movies in the past few days, so I think I will do the arena.

Posted by Crono

All righty, go ahead an throw it up. Almost done with Malichi's response now. Finally.

>.>

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

OoC: Alright, so...sorry about this taking five days, I had a big essay I had to do about the first half of the book 1984 and if you've read it then you understand. I've been having problems with my other screenname (Sting obviously) and for whatever reason I'm not able to use it anymore. Odd. But in any case, I'm sorry this has taken so long, and this short (and crappy) entrance won't make up for it, but the battle itself should. I hope.

By the way, I'm only using Kakashi as a practice tool, if I like the style I use with him, I'll go off and create my own ninja...maybe...
IC:
The ninja...thought of as invincible warriors of the shadows, fear is struck in those who hear you whisper their name...those who are sought after by the ninja are not killed, they are destroyed. Despite what is thought of by most of the world, ninja are not just assassins, killers, and least of all, bandits: the ninja are grouped together in four separate classes, Kage, Jonin, Chunin, and Genin (the Kage is the leader and the next three are the various ninja levels). Out of all the ninja, only the Jonin take care of assassinations, which are few and far between, and most ninja only fall in the category of Chunin and Genin. This, however, is not about any low-level ninja...this is about one of the most powerful ninja of present time...this is about...Hatake Kakashi.

The bush began to rattle, its leaves shaking violently, the chirping of birds was silenced through the snapping of small branches; a bit of red begun to emerge, and slowly, the entire figured of Kakashi stumbled out of the brush.

“Ah, I was wondering where the path went. I should really pay attention to where I walk sometimes.” He said to himself, planting his face back into his favorite book (Icha, Icha Paradise) and continuing on his way. This wasn’t the first time Kakashi’s uncanny love for the book series got him into trouble, he had almost walked into a river on day and on another occasion he nearly fell off the side of a cliff! Unlike other ninja, Kakashi was...a little weird, and though his methods were also uncanny, he was still one of the most respected in this era.

Humming as he went, Kakashi continued reading his book while he walked...

I'll wait Crono, just let me know when you think you'll be able to post.

Posted by Crono

Make sure to kill the siggies with the pics. Text is all right in amounts, but the pics are annoying as all hell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crono glanced down from his resting spot to observe the ninja walking beneath his tree. Nose stuck in a book, he was obviously not paying attention and almost walked right into a tree.

You may want to be more careful. There are those less honorable than myself that would have killed you while you walked by reading, Crono remarked, and the man kept walking as though he had never said anything, deeply engrossed in his novel. Crono leaped down, appearing almost instantly in front of the man, and grinned.

You'd also be better off not ignoring danger when you see it.

Crono's face took on a stunned appearance when the man simply stepped to the side and continued around him, still reading. Crono sidestepped to be in front of him again, and knocked the book to the ground. The man simply leaned over, picked it up, and tucked it into one of the many pockets on his vest. He offered a smile through his face covering, and then drew a single kunai blade from a holster on his right hip. Crono's grin widened at the oppurtunity to fight, and pulled out Distress and Despair, two long, black bladed knives with an eerie greenish glow to them. He tossed his headband back out of his face and glared at his opponent with his bright green eyes, and as he blinked, the green faded to a vivid shade of orange.

I've heard of you before...your face isn't unknown to me now that I look. I've seen pictures of the legendary copy ninja before, but it's an honor to meet in person, Crono says, bowing before his opponent, who raises an eyebrow and shrugs. Crono dances forward with lightning speed, knife ringing against kunai time and again as the two blades collide with Kakashi's one in a simple pattern of slashes and thrusts. The pattern becomes more intricate, and Crono begins to put a little bit of electrical current into his blades, slowly numbing and slowing Kakashi's hand and arm, although his unknowing opponent showed no signs of caring. Finally a break in the parries comes, and Distress sinks deep into Kakashi's right calf muscle, rending flesh and muscle, before Crono lets go of the blade to dodge an attack. With only Despair remaining in his hands, he sends his attack forth instantly, firing a bolt of lightning from his right hand into the hilt of Distress, channelling a high powered electrical current into Kakashi, causing him to lose all control of his leg for a moment. Kakashi collapses to one knee, and Crono rolls in with dazzling speed to retrieve his weapon and send a quick blow of his left handed Despair into Kakashi's side, not causing much damage but drawing much more blood than Kakashi has expected. The roll across Kakashi's back caused Kakashi to sink into his own knee, winding him, and the current traveling through Crono's body instantly attacked Kakashi's nervous system once more, sending him into a minor muscle spasm, during which he dropped his kunai.

The power level only rises over time, Crono says, grinning cheerfully at Kakashi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eh, very far from my best work, but it's something for now. You've got your Chidori...and I have a permanent one.

The ninja called Kakashi dropped to his knees. Such pain, agonizing burning sensations that danced across his body like flames, little needled-pointed flames. He looked up to Crono, bleeding profusely, and exploded. Crono stumbled backwards as the carved ninja became nothing more then some smoke and within moments was blown away by the wind. The blood was gone, the dropped kunai was gone, and for a moment, Crono was stunned. Suddenly, the ground begun to shake violently, and Crono was flipped over onto his back as it ruptured and rose up right next to him. Immediately rising into a defensive stance, Crono watched as Kakashi leapt out from the ground, shaking his head from where there seemed to be a large amount of dirt and small rocks, and yet, he was still engrossed in his book. With his jaw still on the ground, Crono only watched Kakashi with his shocked expression until Kakashi finally put away his book.

“Sorry, I wanted to finish the chapter. I had a feeling you’d do that, so when I reached down to pick up my book, well, you see where I’m going with this.” Kakashi said, tilting his head at Crono and then added, “You’re kind of scrawny for a swordsman.” Crono’s eye twitched uneasily.

Nodding his head, Kakashi closed his eye (since the other was covered up by a head-band which signified the ninja village which he came from) and stood in silence for a few seconds. Suddenly, Kakashi’s hands flew together in front of him, forming the Horse Hand Seal. Blowing into his hand, fire ignited from seemingly nowhere, blowing Crono clear off his feet. Kakashi stopped abruptly, realizing that Crono had been knocked out of range, and as the flames begun to dissolve, sent a barrage of shuriken through the inferno. Lucky for Crono, he landed on his feet, and though he was burned, he was prepared, and managed to deflect all the shuriken minus one, which clipped his right side, biting angrily into his flesh before shooting into the distance. Readying his swords, the flames departed into smoke, into the wind, and Kakashi stood erect with a larger kunai knife, “Whenever you’re ready.”