Wow, this new generation looks sucky

Posted by Bebop

The only thing that has even got me even the slightest bit excited is knowing what Revoltuion's launch titles will be but I doubt they could do anything that will make me cream myself, even with an online SSB.

I've checked out the Xbox 360 and quite frankly the games are awful. I've already had the misfortune of playing Project Gotham, Halo and Ghost Recon and considering it's these games sequels that are the 360's "must have" I can safely say I'll be skipping the 360 till something good comes out. It took a few years for the Xbox to have anything decent I think it'll be a while until I'm playing a 360 if the same happens.

As for the PS3 the console design is enough for me to miss it. Aside from it being big the controller is very of putting. The controller was a big reason I didn't get an Xbox at launch so I'd have to wait until Sony make a good controller for once before considering buying one. As for games the only thing that's got my attention for now is the new Metal Gear. But a trailer with no information on gameplay whatsoever isn't going to do much for me. The other games people are excited about are again sequels to medicore games such as Devil may Cry, Killzone and what's that? ANOTHER p!ss poor Sonic game! Woo! Go Sega![/excitement]

By the looks of things I'll be skipping all console launches and only investing when a killer app comes out, probably 3 years after the consoles inital release date. Again I'm waiting to see what Nintendo have to offer but I still doubt they'd provide anything that will make me think this new generation will be marvellous.

Is anyone else just not excited about the release of the new consoles?

Posted by ExoXile

Nope.

Posted by Pit

Devil May Cry wasn't mediocre at all :(

Posted by ExoXile

I want Revolution now :(

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

What the hell are you talking about BePop?

...the next gen consoles look great...

I'm so excited about them I'm gonna p!ss my pants.

Posted by Speedfreak

He's right about the PS3 trailers. Tge MGS4 trailer doesn't get me excited about the gameplay in the least, because they DIDN'T SHOW ANY.

Posted by Axis

I would have to disagree too. I'm excited about Project Gotham, Ghost Recon, and Ha-, wait, not that game; Kameo, PDZ, and Oblivion all look great to me.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Bebop: The only thing that has even got me even the slightest bit excited is knowing what Revoltuion's launch titles will be

You do?

Posted by boomstick

I'm always excited about new console launches, whether that lasts or not in the later stages is a different story, but usually whenever a new console launches I get at least a little bit excited.

Posted by Xqars

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: I'm so excited about them I'm gonna p!ss my pants.

Ha. That made me LOL=) As for next-gen consoles, the launch games look weak. I'm going to wait awhile for better games and a price drop on the $400 PS3. As for the console designs, they look great. The 360's design doesn't have anything wrong with it in my opinion. The Revolution's controller is drawing people to its side. The biggest complaint about the PS3 is its controller and I can see why people don't approve but it's the same really. Same buttons and everything. It just looks different, it'll play the same as a PS2 controller.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I gotta disagree.

Especially when it comes to the 360. Most of the games look fantastic.

Alsoyou do realize that the PS3 controller is a prototype and far from being finalized, right?

As for the Revolution launch titles... we know next to nothing about any of them.

Posted by Drewboy64

I can sort of see your point, but I'm still very excited about the Revolution's games and innovation. yum.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro:
As for the Revolution launch titles... we know next to nothing about any of them.

For strange reson it seems like Bebop does....

Posted by The Punisher

I just want to kick some ones a** on SSB Online. Its gona be a blast.

Posted by Fate

Let's be cool and stick with old school. :cool:

This generation looks absolutely amazing. Launch games for the next consoles don't look very promising, though. MGS4, however, just looks amazing. The gameplay is guaranteed to be great, so I'm not worried about that.
:D

Posted by Random

I almost disagree completely bebop.

Personally I highly look forward to the Revolution. I mean I could really care less of the "new" Games to come out. I mean i'm sure they'll be fun but to be able to play the older games kicks serious *** does it not? I highly anticipate the Revolution. Some games I consider buying that will be new for the Rev are: mario 128, SSB online, Zelda, Donkey Kong etc.

The Xbox360 has awesome titles coming out. Not just Ghost Recon and Halo and PGR. Theres Perfect Dark, Kameo, Blue Dragon, Enchant Arm, Halo 3, Oblivion, Gundam Wing, KOTOR 3 (Not yet fully announced, just speculated), PGR 3, Gears of War, Jade Empire 2, Final Fantasy XI, Castlevania, Dead or Alive 4, Lost Odyssey and much much more. Which most of those games are Exclusive titles. They have plenty of RPG's coming out, some shooters, fighting, action/adventure, puzzle and more. It's a great selection and of course online play is growing.

The Playstation 3 doesn't really "yet" have any exclusive titles that make me want to purchase other than MGS 4 which I haven't seen much of so it may not be so great. Plus reading articles that Hideo Kojima never mentioned that it was a Playstation 3 exclusive. Infact it just said his loyalty to Sony would have the game out for the PS3 first. So we'll see how that develops.

The Playstation 3 will have many games. But as the PS2 had many games, how many games were great quality wise that were exclusives? they seemed few and far between. Thats my personal opinion.

I highly look forward to Next-Gen Consoles. Sucks that pricing will go up, but thats to be expected. It always has gone up.

Posted by brownoystercult

[quote=Bebop]As for the PS3 the console design is enough for me to miss it. Aside from it being big the controller is very of putting.

Looks small and pretty **** comfortable to me.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Aside from having the left analog stick where the d-pad should be, yet again. There's going to be, what? A handfull of 2-D games on the system throughout its entire lifecycle? Unless a controller like the ps2's Phoenix Revolution controller becomes available for it, I'm sure I'll find the boomerang every bit as uncomfortable as the dual shock.

Posted by brownoystercult

I'm sure you would. Your ignorance goes above and beyond belief.

Posted by Random

I still don't see why Sony chooses to use their thumbsticks at an akward position like that. I prefer up and down like the xbox's than I do inward. Maybe i'm just different but inward sucks.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Roinkz:
Looks small and pretty **** comfortable to me.

I actually meant to say the CONSOLE was bog. Oops.

As for being comfortable I imagine holding holly would be more pleasing.

[quote=Ex---something]For strange reson it seems like Bebop does....

As in getting to know what they are going to be. As in the only excitement I'm getting from Nintendo is knowing what the launch titles are going to be. See? It works

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Screw you, Roinks. What's "ignorant" about finding something uncomfortable? Am I ignorant because I hate broccoli, too?

Posted by Drewboy64

I say its funny how the button scheme of sony's controller remains the same again.

Posted by Fate

Familiarity is best, I think. Quicker learning curves are good, too. I think the PS2 has the best controller scheme of all consoles. True, it wasn't built for maximum comfortability, but it's not like it was uncomfortable.

Posted by Luigi182

I must say, I'm not too thrilled about the 360. Of course, nothing ever really got me excited about the Xbox in the first place. I'm not fond of FPS's nor do I care for that craptacular shell of a stealth guy called Sam Fisher. The one thing that did make me consider it was a few games like Metal Slug 4/5 and PoP but those did evetually come out for the PS2 anyway. So Xbox 360=meh.

The PS3, well I am a bit excited for it, but only for Metal Gear Solid 4. The trailer blew me away especially after learning that the trailer was indeed running off of the in-game engine. Nice. Still, I always figured I'd get one seeing as how most of the better 3rd party stuff goes to Sony for some stupid reason. Besides, they do have the best controller suited for the new Tony Hawk game.

The Revolution had me excited from the time they mentioned being able to d/l all the classic games. With all the classic gaming collections being so popular these days, it was a wise move for Nintendo to make that available. The entire Frikkin' Nintendo library from every system dating back to the NES days? Awesome. Their new controller looks quite nifty too. I'd like to see how they'd work that into a game of Super Mario.

Overall, though it sems this new generation of consoles doesn't seem to be too much greater than the current one. It makes one wonder why they didn't just wait a few years like they used to. Previous console generations lasted at least 5 years, now we're barely getting 4.

Quoted post: Previous console generations lasted at least 5 years, now we're barely getting 4.

We're coming up on the sixth year now.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Prince Shondronai: Am I ignorant because I hate broccoli, too?

Yes.

[quote=Vampiro]We're coming up on the sixth year now.

That's just scary.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Drewboy64: I say its funny how the button scheme of sony's controller remains the same again.

Yeah, because we all know it's foolish to not change your controller scheme with every generation.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: We're coming up on the sixth year now.

Yeah..... Wait:

Gamecube come out 2000?
Dang... time just passes by F-A-S-T.

Posted by Axis

Quoting ExoXile: Yeah..... Wait:

Gamecube come out 2000?
Dang... time just passes by F-A-S-T.

November 18, 2001 actually.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro]We're coming up on the sixth year now.
Fifth ;)

Sixth if you consider the PS2.

Posted by ExoXile

True.

Posted by Luigi182

I was about to say... The DC came out in 1999, PS2 in 2000 and GC and Xbox in Late 2001. So the current Gen, not counting the DC, didn't really start until 2001. And the next gen is coming out in early 2006? This means we're barely geting 5 years out of our machines these days...

Posted by Arczu

5 years, and some of those machines don't even last that long. Weather it's because of defects or abuse is up to the model and holder I suppose.

I'm a bit exited for next gen, but it brings me down a bit when the hardcore people feel like their needs are ignored. But I get the feeling that if game companies were to focus on the die-hard fans all the time, then anybody new to the trend would just exit it with their arms raised in frustration.

I feel that while there are those who aren't impressed with the new stuff, probably won't be in the future, because to focus on a larger audience would have a better return in the long run. But that's me.

Posted by TendoAddict

Im excited about the next gen, but for different reasons.

Im intrested in seeing where the systmes will go.

How will the revolution do?

How will the 360 and the ps3 compare?

Its exciting, but not all for the same reasons.

Posted by ExoXile

I wonder what they will come up with after this gen.....
The idéas got to end sometime.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

[QUOTE=ExoXile]I wonder what they will come up with after this gen.....
The id

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Velvet Nightmare:
But hopefully nuclear holocaust will have occured by this time and I won't have to deal with such prices.

Meh....There will probably be console wars even if there were a nuclear holocaust. :-D

Posted by Drewboy64

Console wars will be the cause of nuclear holocausts.
And I think in the future more innovation will be spewed out becasue the same old thing will get boring.

I'm really excited for the Revolution actually.

Posted by Random

Quoting Drewboy64: I'm really excited for the Revolution actually.

We know.. Just like Speedfreak, You tend to mention it every 5.3 seconds
:-P i'm just kidding.

Posted by Speedfreak

What the hell? No I don't. :p:

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting SomebodyRandom: We know.. Just like Speedfreak, You tend to mention it every 5.3 seconds
:-P i'm just kidding.

God I really want the Revolution.

Is the PS3 controller really that small? It looks tiny. And I wonder why the hand is wearing a big glove.

Posted by Luigi182

Quoting Drewboy64: God I really want the Revolution.

Is the PS3 controller really that small? It looks tiny. And I wonder why the hand is wearing a big glove.

Maybe the person didn't want ot ruin it's condition by getting the oils on his hand on it. You know, like how one handles really old comics to preserve their mint condition. :D

Posted by BEZ1

I'm as excited as a person who can't afford any of the new consoles can be.

Posted by KMFDM

Well I guess I would have to say I'm some were in the medal. Its hard to get all excited over something I don't have the money to bey. And there aren't that many games I want for any of the next-gen consoles yet, but that could change if Nintendo would stop leaving its fans in the dark about their new games. But on the other hand the Revolutions controller looks badass, and from what I'v seen the new consoles are really powerful.

Quoted post: I'm some were in the medal.
have the money to bey

lol words are ez

Quoted post: that could change if Nintendo would stop leaving its fans in the dark about their new games.

The release date could still be a year away. Why would they tell us anything now? Whatever's currently being developed is probably too early to show, and the rest is probably still being brainstormed.

But really, you know there will be SSB Online at launch, Metroid Prime 3, a new Mario and a new Zelda. What more do you need at this point?

Posted by Drewboy64

There's also Crystal Chronicles online, although I don't know if that's gonna be at launch.

Posted by IIMrBrightsidexX

Sony and MSoft will have a war and Msoft9since located in America) Will just blow the whole world UP!

Posted by GameMiestro

I think they look cool, have cool sounding games, and *better* graphics. I'm still not excited. I see no reason to get any of them, I'm perfectly fine with what I already have.

Posted by IIMrBrightsidexX

yea and what happens when games stop coming out for them?

Quoted post: yea and what happens when games stop coming out for them?

There's tons of games out there that many people haven't had a chance to play yet. I know quite a few friends who are skipping out on the next-gen for a bit so they can catch up with the current-gen.

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting Drewboy64: There's also Crystal Chronicles online, although I don't know if that's gonna be at launch.

I hope it is... an online Crystal Chronicles would be awesome. How would that work, though? You join a caravan in the online comunity? Wouldn't that be a hassle? I mean, what if all members of the caravan weren't on at the same time? That sounds like it'd be complicated to work out.

As for my ideas on the next generation systems... I only think that the Revolution looks worthwhile. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that the 360 and the PS3 will get better after they come out, but as of now... just... no

All I'm really worried about in the next gen systems is not cost, but online play. I'm hoping I'll be able to find a way to utilize it by the time the Revolution comes out. I mean, there's no way I could miss owning everyone on an online SSB, right?

By the way... I heard that Metroid Prime 3 (for the Revolution, of course) was going to be online. Of course, it was just a rumor. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Quoted post: I hope it is... an online Crystal Chronicles would be awesome. How would that work, though? You join a caravan in the online comunity? Wouldn't that be a hassle? I mean, what if all members of the caravan weren't on at the same time? That sounds like it'd be complicated to work out.

Quite a few MMO's have done something like that already. It's genereally pretty successful.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Seres Aran]I hope it is... an online Crystal Chronicles would be awesome. How would that work, though? You join a caravan in the online comunity? Wouldn't that be a hassle? I mean, what if all members of the caravan weren't on at the same time? That sounds like it'd be complicated to work out.

As for my ideas on the next generation systems... I only think that the Revolution looks worthwhile. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that the 360 and the PS3 will get better after they come out, but as of now... just... no

All I'm really worried about in the next gen systems is not cost, but online play. I'm hoping I'll be able to find a way to utilize it by the time the Revolution comes out. I mean, there's no way I could miss owning everyone on an online SSB, right?

By the way... I heard that Metroid Prime 3 (for the Revolution, of course) was going to be online. Of course, it was just a rumor. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Nothing's been announced for Prime 3, but you can bet your ass it'll be online after Hunters.

Posted by Drewboy64

Plus, online play would be better with the new controls.

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

True... I think Xbox 360 will still have the Best online play... but i think REV will really be stepping up to the plate with this control system and online it will great