Snape's Side *spoilers*

Posted by Xqars

Is Snape bad or good? I think he's good. I think Dumbledore wanted Snape to kill him so Snape could keep his cover as a spy for the Order. And if the Order doesn't trust him anymore (I wouldn't be surprised) then I'm sure Snape pretending to be on Voldemort's side wouldn't hurt. I think he'll help a lot at the faceoff in book 7.

Posted by higbvuyb

Nah, Voldemort is actually the good guy, Harry's just a dickhead.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Kill me now.

Posted by Shade

F*ck, I accidently voted for good. Anyway, that guy's a bad apple. S'far as I'm concerned, he killed Dumbledore, and that's all that matters. But I can certainly see where people are getting his good side from. The more logical explanation for snape killing Dumbledore would be because of the Unbreakable Vow. If he didn't help Draco by killing Albus, then his own life would've been taken. If you were in Snape's shoes, whose life would you chose? Your own, or some old fogey?

Posted by Xqars

Quoting Shade: If you were in Snape's shoes, whose life would you chose? Your own, or some old fogey?

I honestly think Snape would've rather have his life taken. Notice Dumbledore was begging him. Do you guys honestly think Dumbledore would beg for his life? I think he was begging Snape to kill him. And Snape understood. I think that potion was slowly killing Dumbledore. He knew and so begged Snape to kill him. He knew he was going to die. Either Snape just understood what Dubledore meant or maybe Dumbledore opened his mind to Snape and Snape read it.

Posted by Saruman

Why was dumbledore asking for snape the whole time?

Posted by verystrait42

snape is bad. he isn't ****in jokin around. he is the next voldemort

Posted by Xqars

Quoting Saruman: Why was dumbledore asking for snape the whole time?

I have a few theories but my best guess is that he needed him to find a cure for the poison he drank.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I have a few theories but my best guess is that he needed him to find a cure for the poison he drank.

Isn't that the exact reason?

Posted by Xqars

Quoting Vampiro: Isn't that the exact reason?

Maybe. There are other possibilities. It was my best theory. Another theory is that he knew he was going to die and needed to tell Snape some last words about Voldemort, his past, the horcruxes, or some other important info. I think that's another strong possibility.

Posted by Saruman

Quoting Xqars: Maybe. There are other possibilities. It was my best theory. Another theory is that he knew he was going to die and needed to tell Snape some last words about Voldemort, his past, the horcruxes, or some other important info. I think that's another strong possibility.

exactly! I think there could have been some info dumbledore wanted to give snape.

The Possibilities are endless.

If Dumbledore new he was going to die then why would he be calling for snape for an antidote? wouldn't that be the least of his worries?

Posted by muffla

i think that he is really bad
if he was good then why did he run after he killed dumbledore

however i can see how he could be seen as good
notice that he never tried to kill/hurt harry when he was runnin away?

what if he is harries dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jk

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

harry potter is gay

Posted by Nightscare

Quoting muffla: i think that he is really bad
if he was good then why did he run after he killed dumbledore

however i can see how he could be seen as good
notice that he never tried to kill/hurt harry when he was runnin away?

what if he is harries dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jk

never. and i mean never joke like that. and if snape was good, why would he have created the spell that made draco spew blood everywhere?

Posted by Drewboy64

I think that dumbledore may have wanted snape to kill him. It sort of could make sense, but what ever.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I believe Snape is good, and is very good at keeping his *** under the radar.

Dumbledore, Sirius, and Lupin keep speaking of Snape as a very good Occulemens, and uses a Pensive. If Voldemort was to try and use legillimency (sp) on Snape, he'd have his mind quite well prepared.

In the beginning of Half-Blood Prince, when he made the Vow, he hesitated, and only under Bellatrix's gaze did he complete the vow. You can tell he didn't want to go through with it, but it was either reveal himself to Bellatrix as a traitor to Voldemort, or keep his cover by agreeing.

Another part was that you hear Dumbledore and Snape arguing about something to which Dumbledore would not back down from. I believe Snape was trying to get Dumbledore to see how serious it was, and I think Dumbledore felt Snape being a spy was far more valuable than having Dumbledore alive.

At the end, when Snape was standing before Dumbledore infront of the other Death Eaters and Draco, he seemed really apprehensive, but Dumbledore kept saying "Severus." Dumbledore understood what needed to happen, and was trying to get Snape to see what was the most important.

Hm, Vox makes many good points.

I think I must agree with him.

Posted by Linko_16

Thanks, Vox, for stealing all the glory before I could say it. /. _ .\

Indeed, I had thought the same thing. Serverus made a hasty decision to accept the vow under Bellatrix's watch, but realized he'd @#$%ed up and had to tell Dumbledore about it. Dumbledore told him to go through with it, to which Snape disagreed strongly. Dumbledore had pulled Snape out from the darkside, owed him his life and thus wanted to repay the debt. Remember how Hagrid told Harry about overhearing a heated argument between the two of them? Likewise, why would Dumbledore show a sudden interest in including Harry in his pursuit of Voldemort if not to equip him, the one destined to kill the Dark Lord, for when he was gone? Snape maintained his charade as a Death Eater to remain a double agent, even if it meant being estranged from the Order.

In most cases, Rowling has kept up a bothersome trend of Gryffindore = Unwavering Virtue and Slytherin = Absolute Evil. People have more depth than that, and I'm sure Snape is a deviation: begrudging, ill-tempered, but still basically good.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Linko_16: Thanks, Vox, for stealing all the glory before I could say it. /. _ .\

welcome! :D

Posted by Nightscare

all of you make good points. i guess i'll just have to wait for the last book to come out to say i told u so.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Nightscare: all of you make good points. i guess i'll just have to wait for the last book to come out to say i told u so.

...but your points make no sense...

Posted by Nightscare

maybe they dont, but i have attitude on my side. *snap right* *snap left* *snap right* *neck stretch* dont go there, girlfriend!!!

wtf is wrong with you?

Posted by Nightscare

all that drinking a1 steak sauce has gone to my brain

No, it's your lack of brain that has went to your lack of a brain.

Posted by Nightscare

you made me cry. congradulations

Posted by Linko_16

*Congratulations.

Posted by Nightscare

thx linko

Posted by GameMiestro

What if Dumbledore has a horcrux? I can imagine Harry walking into the Order of the Phoenix house one day, and seeing Snape and Dumbledore camly chatting over cups of tea. That would be awesome.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting GameMiestro: What if Dumbledore has a horcrux? I can imagine Harry walking into the Order of the Phoenix house one day, and seeing Snape and Dumbledore camly chatting over cups of tea. That would be awesome.

...are you stupid or just dumb?

Avada Kedavra. He's dead. gg.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Linko_16: In most cases, Rowling has kept up a bothersome trend of Gryffindore = Unwavering Virtue and Slytherin = Absolute Evil. People have more depth than that, and I'm sure Snape is a deviation: begrudging, ill-tempered, but still basically good.

Slughorn.

She made him out to be not entirely sensible, but she didn't make him out to be a bad person. He was amiable.

Quoted post: ...are you stupid or just dumb?

Yeah, that would make no sense whatsoever.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Theodore Nott is also supposed to be nothing like his father. There was a bit cut out of one of the books where there's a conversation between him and Draco, and he seems very timid and shy.

Also - has anyone remembered the hidden chamber under Malfoy's mansion? Valuables? Hogwarts founder heirlooms?

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Wings: Theodore Nott is also supposed to be nothing like his father. There was a bit cut out of one of the books where there's a conversation between him and Draco, and he seems very timid and shy.

Where did this come from? I've heard of this, but I haven't read it, and I don't see how it is relevant...

Quoting Wings: Also - has anyone remembered the hidden chamber under Malfoy's mansion? Valuables? Hogwarts founder heirlooms?

I thought of this too, but it was mostly dark objects, and I don't fully believe that Voldemort would pick something from the Malfoy's basement to be a horcrux, especially after Malfoy ****ed up at the Department of Mysteries.

Malfoy screwed up at the Department of Mysteries after the Horcruxes were made. Voldemort could have given him the Horcrux - or even just placed it there without him knowing.

The Nott point is relevent because it illustrates that not all Slytherins are evil gits. You can find it on JK Rowling's website.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Wings: Malfoy screwed up at the Department of Mysteries after the Horcruxes were made. Voldemort could have given him the Horcrux - or even just placed it there without him knowing.

Voldy would have had them better protected, imo. He probably ment for Malfoy to lose the diary and have it stowed away somewhere. In either case, he's short one Horcrux.

Quoting Wings: The Nott point is relevent because it illustrates that not all Slytherins are evil gits. You can find it on JK Rowling's website.

Obviously.

Posted by muffla

what if dumbledore was just another person using poly juce potion?

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting muffla: what if dumbledore was just another person using poly juce potion?

it would't matter, he'd be dead.

No, I think he means if it were someone impersonating Dumbledore using Polyjuice Potion - in which case, that leaves an interesting point open. However, I think it's just wishful thinking.

Posted by Shade

Yes, Dumbledore had to die in order for Sirius to be resurrected. It's all part of the plan.

More wishful thinking. :(

No spell can bring the dead back to life.

Posted by Acheron

Quoting Wings: No spell can bring the dead back to life.

Thanks a LOT, Dr. Killjoy. Why don't you go around to grade schools and broadcast that Santa doesn't exist on the intercoms while you're at it?

Hah, shut up. Dumbledore says it at the end of Goblet, it's nothing new.

Besides, Sirius might not technically be dead. Just in limbo. In which case, I don't know. What happens to souls who enter Purgatory before their time? I assume they just stay there until their time (which is kinda the point of Purgatory anyway).

...while I'm at it, why on Earth didn't Snape know that both Quirrell and faux-Moody were BIG BAD GUYS? I suppose to get the right answer you have to ask the right questions, but ugh. Accomplished Legilimens my eye.

Posted by Linko_16

Snape did know Quirrell was a bad guy. He spent all year trying to stop him. As for Barty Crouch Jr., he spent all of his life an enormous screw-up until Lord Voldemort approached him as the only person who could help him with his plan... the only explaination I can think of is that he had access to all Moody's magical equipment and may have found something to seal his mind.

I've also thought Sirius may not actually be dead. The book does not thoroughly explain the dark viel and merely implies that it has a connection to the afterlife... saving him may yet be possible, though it is no more than speculation now.

Posted by Nightscare

i still think sirius and dumbldore are gone for good, which give harry even more motivation tto blast the living **** out of voldemort. and harry will die taking a kill spell for hermoine while the spell also bounces back on voldemort, once again, because of his ability to love

Couldn't have waited one more month eh? Just one more and it would have been a year old. Good job, idiot.

Shut up. It's valid input to the thread.