PS2 Controller Issues

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

All right, I've got a problem. My PS2 won't recognize my controller (as in, it tells me to reconnect my controller). I've tried my old PS1 controller, an older PS2 controller, and a broken PS2 controller. Sure enough, the broken one is the only one that works. I even went out and bought a brand new one, and that doesn't work.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Posted by ExoXile

Your PS2 has a fetish for broken controllers :p:
---------

And to be more serious, my friend has the same problem. (With the controller that is)

Quoted post: And to be more serious, my friend has the same problem. (With the controller that is)

Yeah, I looked on Google, and many other people have had the same problem.

Though, it's only with a few games, not all of them.

Posted by muffla

try a wire less controler
for sum reason that worked with my frends ps2

Posted by Big Boss

Try plugging the controller without shoving it all the way to the end. I've had a similar problem while playing FFVII and G[color=yellowgreen]od of War on my slim PS2, and Fate fixed it by not plugging the controller in all the way. She said her Xbox had the same problem, so that's how she figured it out.[/color]

Posted by Random

It seems to be a problem not only with sony controllers. I had a friend have a problem with an xbox controller like that, and back in the day my Sega Genesis wouldn't read my controller, however my friends Genesis could read my controller. Could be a worn down port or something?

Quoted post: Could be a worn down port or something?

Doubtful since certain controllers work fine for certain games.

Posted by ExoXile

Then the issue is the hardware?
Got warranty time left?

Posted by DBZKid10

Tell me yo adress. Send you a controller of mine.