"Leaked Halo 3 Screenshot"

Posted by Klarth

http://www.xb360info.com/xbox/games/136
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/30/news_6134777.html

I'm not sure what to believe. Sure, it looks very Halo-ish, but it doesn't look too legit to me.

Discuss.

Posted by Axis

It's difficult to say, really. I would call this a fake but since Microsoft has a ton of these marketing campaigns I'm hesitant can't rule it out. If that is Halo 3, then it has really good graphics.

Posted by Poco

Looks somewhat legit. could be real, but then again, Bungie and Microsoft could have "leaked" a fake screenshot to up the hype, and I think the second is much more likely.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Who'd have ever thought that Halo 3 would feature a viewpoint behind the gun? This screenshot tells us so much about the game, they don't even need to release it, now.

Posted by boomstick

Looks too much like Doom III, except the gun.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

In the screenshot, that little opening in the wall looks like just a bump mapped texture (not really 3D). I really don't know what to say.

"Could" be legit. But I don't believe so.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Gamespot reported it as fake. See Rumor Control on the homepage.

Edit: Wait, you linked to it. Anyway, I'll go with Gamespot on this one.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=boomstick]Looks too much like Doom III, except the gun.

It's worth noting that Doom III looks a bit like Halo 2 in places.

Posted by Shade

I dunno, the gun doesn't look very Halo-ish.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: It's worth noting that Doom III looks a bit like Halo 2 in places.

Yeah, but still the graphic engine of both is distinguishable on it's own, just look at a screenshot of Doom III and then compare to this, just about the same style.

I'm just speculating though, my personal guess is it's a fake.

Posted by Sting

I think it's fake.

1) The graphics are obviously vastly superior to the previous two, at least the scenary is, and as great as the Xbox 360 as a system is, I don't believe Bungie could make such a grand leap.
2) The gun looks far too diffrent from any Halo gun. Sure, the Sub-Machine gun could pass off for it, but the front-end is changed as well as the sides.
3) The door. The Halo aliens have shown that they would much prefer blowing a door off its hinges, rather then diving through it, or more likely from the blood, using a human for a battering ram.
4) Again with the gun, it looks as if it has been cropped, photoshopped, and pasted into the picture at a vertical angle.
5) The scenary itself. Nothing like Halo, I mean, sure, there is the fact that it could be on a diffrent space station or something, but from what I've seen, it's not similar to anything from the first OR second Halo games.

Posted by psp

I think its a fake. For all we know, that could be a game like gears of war or sumthin. Also, bungie is pretty uptight on this stuff. They would never let something involving halo leak.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: 2) The gun looks far too diffrent from any Halo gun. Sure, the Sub-Machine gun could pass off for it, but the front-end is changed as well as the sides.

That's the main reason I think it's fake.

Posted by higbvuyb

Fake. The angle of the gun is incorrect.

Quoted post: Fake. The angle of the gun is incorrect.

Could be before or after a reload.

Posted by Klarth

Or during.

[quote=sting]and as great as the Xbox 360 as a system is, I don't believe Bungie could make such a grand leap.
You don't know how wrong you are. I don't actually think much of the 360, but even still...

Quoted post: Or during.

Eh, the actual reload is usually off-screen. And it looks like the gun is going that way. Hence, before or after.

But yeah.

Posted by Random

If the High Definition Graphics for Halo 3 can look like that.. Then here I come HD TV shopping..

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Microsoft's always been full of primo grade industrial stregth BS. That's why I refused to get an Xbox for so long, they STOLE GCN screen shots for the Xbox's pre launch campeign so I wouldn't put fake hype pictures past them.

I think it's big time fake. The gun's great... the background's great... they don't match though. And if it is real, I'd peg it as a reason to not get it.

Posted by Klarth

[quote]they STOLE GCN screen shots for the Xbox's pre launch campeign
Source?

Posted by Oforia

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=white]It looks cool but that doesn't look like a halo screenshot at all. They have begun to make halo 3 but they are not even that far along yet. Right now they are working on the basics such as storyline and they are planning everything out first. They have begun to make parts of the game but they are not nearly finished with it yet. The screenshot is a fake. They even announced that they might wait to release halo 3 in 2007 when the halo movie comes out. Halo 2.5 most likely will be used to counter the ps3 launch.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][/COLOR]

Posted by higbvuyb

Anyway, it's been CONFIRMED to be fake. By the site it was from.

Posted by Fate

I would've said it was a fake from the beginning because the gun looks like utter ****.

Posted by mis0

In my personal opinion, the gun is an H&K MP5 rom CS with a label on the side. The whole thing looked kinda ****ty, so I'm glad that isn't the new Halo.

Posted by Neox

lol, it's obviously a rip off from anoter game. There is no leaked screen shots out there.

Posted by blade527

Quoting Klarth:
http://www.xb360info.com/xbox/games/136
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/30/news_6134777.html

I'm not sure what to believe. Sure, it looks very Halo-ish, but it doesn't look too legit to me.

Discuss.
OMG it's a hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!, wow what are you going to show next a brick, lol

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Misoxeny: In my personal opinion, the gun is an H&K MP5 rom CS with a label on the side. The whole thing looked kinda ****ty, so I'm glad that isn't the new Halo.

Quoting Neox: lol, it's obviously a rip off from anoter game. There is no leaked screen shots out there.

No, it's been confirmed by Gamespot Rumor control to be a SMG from halo 2 put onto a background. It doesn't even look like an mp5. For example, in the picture, the gun has it's magazine mounted on the side, unlike the mp5.

The mp5 looks like this.
[IMG]http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/mp5/mp510/mp510.gif[/IMG]

Posted by mis0

I'd be willing to call that a UMP conversion, because almost every MP5 has a curved magazine, and the UMPs which shoot .45 ammo, don't. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Anyway, seriously, can you not see the resemblance? The MP5 is one of the best SMGs made, and that thing so blatantly plays on its looks.

I think they usually look more like this:

Posted by GameMiestro

Notice the shadows of the wires on the right. Theres no way those could possibly be real, unless Microsoft is doing a really bad job...

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Quoting Klarth: Source?

Personal observation.

A few months before the Xbox, PS2 and GCN where released I was avidly looking at many sources for information, Most notable of which was EGM which had a big E3 section on "Helpful info to a console choice." I remember specificly a screan shot that caught my eye in the Xbox section, Because it was beautiful and had me very impressed. I had soon after seen a movie clip on TV using the same image so that with the good reputation of Halo the Xbox was on my "to get" list.

I would later learn that the picture I had been so intrigued by had been from Bloody Roar Primal Fury, A fighter for Game Cube Only. It had been a screan shot of the Aquarium Stage. I was fabbergasted that Microsoft would use a another consoles game pics to say "look how mighty and powerful our graphics are!" And that's why I avoided Xbox until a few months ago when my girlfriends brother got me to play Halo 2 with him.

But most bitterness behind me, I know Microsoft isn't going anywhere so and to be fair, they've been fairly good at keeping clean after the Xbox's launch. That said; I still think it's a phoney screan shot if it's not just a really bad one.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Your personal observation doesn't prove much, Angerion. That's slander, so you know. Also, nothing about Bloody Roar's graphics were "beautiful," so, more than likely, you saw a wrong screenshot. You know, Dead or Alive 3 has its own Aquarium Stage; it's highly possible that you saw a screenshot from that game.
---
Although the above picture has already been proven a fake, let me state that anything released about Microsoft is entirely possibly true. MS is very well-known for viral marketing (ilovebees.com), so I wouldn't put it past them to have put a "screenshot" together. Remember the kid who posted his pictures on Gamespot, the one whose stepdad supposedly began working as a Regulatory Compliance Manger? No? Well, here you go:

It was also rumored to be viral marketing. Again, I wouldn't put anything past MS.