Disgaea 2

Posted by Ant

I'm very excited for this game to say the least.

[quote=Gamespot]Nippon-Ichi Software announces the sequel to its hit strategy RPG; new world, new main characters, returning faces.

According to the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation magazine, Nippon-Ichi Software is developing a sequel to its hit strategy role-playing game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. The sequel will be titled Makai Senki Disgaea 2 in Japan and is slated for release in 2006.

Disgaea 2 takes place three years after the original, and it features new main characters. Producer Souhei Shinwaka told Dengeki PlayStation that he had originally planned to take the characters from the first game and make them Disgaea 2's heroes. Instead, he created a new world and cast for Disgaea 2 and gave the characters from the original Disgaea, including heroine Etona and the Prinny penguins, supporting roles.

The main character in Disgaea 2 is Adel, a red-haired, hot-tempered 17-year-old. All the people in Adel's world were turned to devils 15 years ago, when the dark lord Xenon appeared and cursed the populace. For unexplained reasons, Adel is the only person unaffected by the curse, and he sets out to fight Xenon and turn his family back into humans. Despite the demonic setting, Disgaea 2 stays true to the series' comedic tradition, often employing dark humor.

Gameplay systems from the original Disgaea are once again featured, such as combination attacks and the unified attack system using nearby party members. It will also bring back the original Disgaea's congress and court systems. Shinwaka told Dengeki PlayStation that his staff is also adding new elements to keep the game fresh.

Kinda of odd how they aren't going to be using Laharl as a main character, but I'm sure he'll make an apperance in the game somehow, perhaps a boss even? As for Etna, it seems that she has a somewhat big role in this new game, which is nice cause I always liked Etna :D

Here's some pics from some japanese magazine

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/AntmanMadness/disgaea21.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/AntmanMadness/disgaea2.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Etna had better be coming back. She made the game! But yeah, I'm pretty excited about this title. I may just get it as soon as it's released.

Posted by Klarth

Time to buy a PS2.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

PS3 plz.

Seriously though, if they aren't, they should hold it off until the PS3 comes out.

Either way, I'm looking very forward to it. One of my most anticipated games.

Posted by Ant

Bumping an old thread. With a new trailer!

http://rapidshare.de/files/13001524/Disgaea_2_Opening.mpg.html

As far as other news considering the game. Laharl is not the main character, but he does play some sort of role in this game. Apparently he is upset with Etna for some reason, and the lack of his appearance as the main character in this game, as is Flonne. Heh, so lots to look forward to here. 5 new character classes, and another great story(I assume). :)

Posted by boomstick

I'm still looking to get the first one, it's pretty hard to find.

Keep looking, as it's definitely worth it. Or check out ebay.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Angelwing: Keep looking, as it's definitely worth it. Or check out ebay.

Yeah, I found more then a few there, fairly expense, I'm guessing it's pretty rare.

Yeah, it's rare over here. I got lucky and found a used copy where the guy gave me a further discount so I ended up getting it for a very decent price. There are a few up on ebay right now that aren't expensive, but that's not to say people won't start bidding on them. Anyhow, good luck.