Serenity - Best Movie Ever?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Ok, I just got back from seeing Serenity, the movie based on the hit show Firefly, and I must say that I truly thought it to be the best movie ever. Why, you ask? The production value is extrordinarly good when compared to the show, which already had high standards. The action, plot, and progression were all flawlessly acted, and kept you litterally chewing on your nails. The movie is an absolute must-see for anyone who has seen the show, and highly reccommended for anyone who did not see it. First timers may be quite taken aback by what they see.

Posted by Raging Gamer

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Ok, I just got back from seeing Serenity, the movie based on the hit show Firefly, and I must say that I truly thought it to be the best movie ever. Why, you ask? The production value is extrordinarly good when compared to the show, which already had high standards. The action, plot, and progression were all flawlessly acted, and kept you litterally chewing on your nails. The movie is an absolute must-see for anyone who has seen the show, and highly reccommended for anyone who did not see it. First timers may be quite taken aback by what they see.

Yeah, I was a fan of the series myself, and I thought this to be a very good movie. I went with a buddy who was big into the series and he proclaimed it, "The best movie I have ever seen." I recommend this movie to any Sci-Fi fan, but I insist you go get the DVD collection of the series Firefly (Don't worry it wont cost you much, it was cancelled after 13 episodes..I don't see how that was a hit show Velvet Nightmare:p: ), then see the movie. You will understand the characters much more. But all in all, awesome movie.

"I'm a leaf on the wind"

Posted by Axis

Alright, a question for you guys. I'm wanting to go see this movie tonight but I have never watched the series Firefly, will I still be able to catch what's going on? Or do you have to watch the series to get everything?

Quoting Axis: Alright, a question for you guys. I'm wanting to go see this movie tonight but I have never watched the series Firefly, will I still be able to catch what's going on? Or do you have to watch the series to get everything?

You will be able to catch on perfectly, but won't understand some subtle things, like stuff going on with Book, the whole gorram things everyone seemed to miss. Otherwise, you will more than likely love it.

Quoting Raging Gamer: I don't see how that was a hit show Velvet Nightmare:p:

It was a phemonal hit once it was released on DVD.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: You will be able to catch on perfectly, but won't understand some subtle things, like stuff going on with Book, the whole gorram things everyone seemed to miss. Otherwise, you will more than likely love it.

Alright, that's good to know. Thanks, Velvet.

Posted by boomstick

Meh, whenever someone says 'Best Movie Ever' I'm almost always dissapointed when I actually see it, I don't think people realize how high of a standard that is when they say Best Movie Ever.

Anywho, I planned to watch it, anyway, this only confirms that I should.

I was told "best movie ever" before I saw it as well, and I didn't belive it. I was wrong. Thankfully.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

This better be good, because I'm seeing it next week.

My friend loved the show and begged me to go. I was hesitant since it looked somewhat b-movie-ish.

Quoting Vampiro: This better be good, because I'm seeing it next week.

My friend loved the show and begged me to go. I was hesitant since it looked somewhat b-movie-ish.

That's what I thought too, but I decided to give it a chance just because I loved the show so much. You can tell your friend that it's exactly like two of the best episodes of the show, plus a bunch more.

Posted by Drewboy64

Oh god, I want to see this movie. My cousin is going to murder me if I don't. A year and a half ago or something he showed us his Firefly DVDs. I tried making a comic based off of it later, and recently I saw an episode of Firefly. It was amazing and super cool. It's something I would want to come up with. So yeah, now I want to see [URL="http://serenitymovie.com"]the movie.[/URL]

Posted by Skitzo Control

Good movie? Yes. Best movie ever? No. I still like The Shawshank Redemption, more.

Quoting Skitzo Control: Good movie? Yes. Best movie ever? No. I still like The Shawshank Redemption, more.

Hm, really? Did you see Firefly first?

Posted by Yonaka

Great movie definatly made my top two. Coming only after Phantom of th Opera of course. But anyway, it was totally awesome! I just seen it today. Really well done. They picked the perfect people to play the parts. My dad told me that the girl that played River is really a balerina. I loved the fight seen at the end. Awesome.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Skitzo Control: Good movie? Yes. Best movie ever? No. I still like The Shawshank Redemption, more.

YES. SHAWSHANK ****ING RULES!

I'll also note I probably won't see this movie for anther 5 years when they show it on TV. Maybe.

Posted by Red

I did like Shawshank redemption and the Green Mile those were both great movies, Serenity haven't seen yet.

Posted by Yonaka

I want to see Shawshank Redemption. I probably won't be able to for a while though. Oh well, I'm willing to wait.

Posted by Dexter

Serenity was boring. It felt like a chore to watch it. But I'm not really into those types of films (Empire Falls would probably be my favorite film of 2005). There are not many science fiction films I like. Filth Element was far better, in my opinion.

Posted by Drewboy64

Firefly and Serenity rule. And does anyone know where to get those serenity comics? Because those look cool.

Posted by peterson12

I loved firefly and Serenity was fantastic aswell. It's shame the movie bombed at the box office. Star wars revenge of the sith made $380 million at the US box office and Serenity made just $25 million - lttle over half its budget *Sigh*.

Anyway the movie is being released on DVD next monday in the UK. Where's the best place to order it online... I want it to arrive quickly. Amazon's price is the cheapest but they take too long to deliver and they charge you for P+P. Where's the best place to order it?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Holy hell, I'm halfway through watching the FireFly DVDs that I borrowed from one of my friends.

All I can say is that if the movie is this good, I might orgasm a little bit.