"Highest Hopes" by Nightwish.

Posted by Dexter

This is the new best of Nightwish album. It has a cover of Pink Floyd's "High Hopes." I've not heard the cover yet but I will eventually. Looking forward to it, actually. From what I understand, this album is selling excellent in Finland, which is to be expected, I suppose.

I'm not really here to discuss it, but I know there are many Nightwish fans here, so I was wondering if anyone had a list of the songs that are to be included. I admit I am rather curious about the whole thing. I have my predictions and I'd like to know how accurate I am. I've looked over the Internet for the list, but I have been unable to find one.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/Nightwish_HigestHopes.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Posted by sabre

1. Wish I Had an Angel 04:06 [view lyrics]
2. Stargazers 04:28 [view lyrics]
3. The Kinslayer 03:58 [view lyrics]
4. Ever Dream 04:44 [view lyrics]
5. Elvenpath 04:40 [view lyrics]
6. Bless the Child 06:12 [view lyrics]
7. Nemo 04:36 [view lyrics]
8. Sleeping Sun 04:04 [view lyrics]
9. Dead to the World 04:20 [view lyrics]
10. Over the Hills and Far Away 05:03 [view lyrics]
11. Deep Silent Complete 03:58 [view lyrics]
12. Sacrament of Wilderness 04:12 [view lyrics]
13. Walking In the Air 05:27 [view lyrics]
14. Wishmaster 04:23 [view lyrics]
15. Dead Boy's Poem 06:46 [view lyrics]
16. High Hopes ?Live 07:20 [view lyrics]

I doubt I'll be buying it. Neat, though.

Posted by Dexter

I was off by one, although I had 20 songs in mind and the CD only contains 16 so there was a good chance that most of my choices would be included.

I won't get it either. There really is no use since I have all their CDs anyway and I could always burn my personal favorites instead of having someone else choose what's best for me. I never cared for best hits albums anyway.

Posted by sabre

Yeah, I'm of the same mentality. It's selling the same songs to you over again. Still, Best Of CDs are always great to try and convert friends to your own musical tastes (something which I'm doing a lot lately :P) so hey, I might buy it purely for that if I see it cheap enough. Not anything wonderfully exciting for me, though. That said, I do like the cover art quite a lot.

Posted by Porcupine

Quoting Sabredog: (something which I'm doing a lot lately :P)

And need to stop. :mad:

I already bought the other CDs. :)

Posted by The Punisher

The song High Hopes is pretty cool, i just listend too it.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Nightwish. Hehe.

[spoiler]Sorry, I was asked to do the fake site. It was pretty funny though.[/spoiler]

I never heard their actual music by the way. What do they sound like?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Wicked Sushi: I never heard their actual music by the way. What do they sound like?

Evanescence with an operatic singer, with power metal elements, with an orchestra and many thousands of times better.

I think I'll download the song High Hopes. Can't really be bothered buying it; The Black Halo and Exposures: In Retrospect And Denial are calling to me.

End Of All Hope >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dead To The World

and since it doesn't have any songs from Once (obviously since it's still selling), it's not accurate.

Oh, and they released Tales From The Elvenpath only a short while back too; that's weird. Two greatest hits albums in two years isn't too bad though; take Kiss/The Eagles for example, and Hilary Duff just released a greatest hits compilation with only two albums under her belt. :(

Edit: Testing AJAX. :)

Posted by sabre

[quote=Richaod]End Of All Hope >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dead To The WorldWrong. :(

[quote=Richaod]and since it doesn't have any songs from Once...what the hell are you talking about? Wish I Had An Angel and Nemo were both on Once.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Sabredog: Wrong. :(
Right.

[quote=Sabredog]...what the hell are you talking about? Wish I Had An Angel and Nemo were both on Once.

My bad, I thought it basically had the same tracklist as Tales From The Elvenpath. Which it does; I just didn't read it. :P

Still, you can't really say it's an accurate "best of", since Ghost Love Score and Creek Mary's Blood aren't there. Those two songs pwn virtually every other Nightwish song by so much that there's just no room for subjective opinions on them at all.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Richaod: Right.Wrong. :(

[quote=Richaod]Still, you can't really say it's an accurate "best of", since Ghost Love Score and Creek Mary's Blood aren't there. Those two songs pwn virtually every other Nightwish song by so much that there's just no room for subjective opinions on them at all.
Right. I'm still puzzling over how they managed to leave out Ghost Love Score, one of the most epic songs I've ever heard. I guess they were aiming at a different sector of the market or something.

Posted by Klarth

I definitely won't be buying this one as I only buy "best of" cds of bands I don't like enough to go out and purchase proper albums. That said, I already own all of Nightwish's studio cds despite not listening to them that much anymore.

As for the Floyd cover, sounds... Interesting. I don't think Nightwish are the sort of band who should be slinging cover songs around, what with that terrible Symphony of Destruction cover on the new single.

Can't say I don't love the art though.

Posted by Richaod

After listening to the original Pink Floyd itself, I can certainly appreciate why Nightwish covered it; it should be interesting.

Indeed, the Symphony Of Destruction cover was bad. :( Megadeth's best song? Surely no one actually thinks so.

Posted by The Punisher

Unfortunately, I prefer to believe Megadeath do not have a best song.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Megadeth's best songs were easily Take No Prisoners and Holy Wars...The Punishment Due. They're good enough for even the trendy band haters to love.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting ///Phantom: Megadeth's best songs were easily Take No Prisoners and Holy Wars...The Punishment Due. They're good enough for even the trendy band haters to love.

Replace Take No Prisoners with Hangar 18 and you get my opinion.

I don't have Peace Sells or So Far So Good, they're nearly completed downloads, so I'll have to listen to them too.

Posted by The Punisher

Still sticking with my opinion. Anywho I like some of Nightwishes stuff, so I might buy this.