In Flames - Used & Abused - In Live We Trust

Posted by Richaod

The set consists of 2 live DVDs and 2 CDs, with a rather confusing tracklist so far; I don't think the CD tracklist is actually listed anywhere on the internet, not even Amazon. :( [url=http://www.inflames.com/releases/videos/used_and_abused/default.asp][/url]

This live recording has actually impressed me quite a bit so far. The Tokyo Showdown was decent, but lacked some energy, and the guitar tone just didn't sound heavy at all. However, the CD version of this (I can't find a DVD rip of it) is just fantastic in quality, and it's definitely In Flames at their best. The pan effects on the two separate guitar parts are even noticeable. It consists of a few different recordings, the main ones being Sticky Fingers and Hammersmith.

Some of the songs here have some interesting variations too - like random guitar sections in Moonshield and Behind Space (at the very least), and a cover of Pantera's ****ing Hostile. For some reason, I couldn't find the cover on the [url]www.torrentspy.com[/url] torrent I used, but I did manage it to download it off someone who seemed to have the audio from the DVD rip converted to mp3 or something like that. The songs from Soundtrack To Your Escape (I at first cringed when I saw that they had played the "fantastic album" live in full) actually sound better than they do in studio, and that's true for once (the same has been said of St. Anger). They come off just sounding like heavier, less melodic death metal.

Overall, this is really good and definitely worth it if you're into the band. The only downside is the cost - I've only seen it once in Australia, and it was for $70. :( Altogether, since single CDs/DVDs often sell for $30 apiece, that could be considered cheap when you take the content into account, but since the CDs are basically the same as the DVDs except with less, you'd think they could offer a discount. It's not as if a single CD costs $20 to make.

NOW DISCUSS THIS RELEASE SO I DON'T COME OFF LOOKING LIKE A PROMOTIONAL FOOL!

Posted by MetalVox~55

I can buy it for 20 bucks :)

And I will be buying it soon :cool: