Should I upgrade now, or wait for the Arcade update??

Posted by Jesse Smith

Gah!! I have no patience!!! I want to upgrade now!!!! It's driving me nuts to see AJAX on my other boards and not here!!! If yes wins I think I'll do it Saturday early early morning, while most of you are in Dreamland dreaming about the upgrade, so none of you have a heart-attack from seeing the error message while I'm upgrading!!! With it this easy to upgrade, I think I may be able to upgrade every time they have an upgrade!!!!

Posted by Klarth

I say yes.

Even so, not all of us will be in dreamland what with the sun shining on different parts of the earth at different times. Even so, upgrades are fun.

Posted by Poison

Do it when you have everything backed up. Infact, do another back up for today!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: Even so, not all of us will be in dreamland what with the sun shining on different parts of the earth at different times.

But compaired to the day, this place is dead, D-E-A-D, dead, at 3:00 AM!!! I've seen it where I'm the only registered member here!!! I'm all alone!!! :D

Posted by Richaod

1. What is AJAX?
2. If you upgrade it really, really early in the morning for you, I'll probably be on. I don't know what time 3 am is for us, but whatever. Trust me, I'm probably the most senior/VGC fanboy member that even has a chance of being on at the time, and since I know it'll be upgraded, I won't have a heart attack.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm PST. And you are normal!!!

Posted by The Judge

I say go ahead and upgrade it. Who cares what time you do it?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

You guys are forgetting that the Arcade guys aren't seeing this post because they're all in the arcade right now.

But screw them. Do it anyway, Jesse.

Posted by Alastor

Go ahead and upgrade, I say. I don't care too much for the arcade anyway.

Posted by sabre

[quote=Richaod]What is AJAX?Neat code system that updates the page without refreshing. So, say, you could submit a reply using the quick reply box, and you wouldn't have to wait for the rest of the page to load up again.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Upgrade, I don't use the arcde anyways.

Posted by The Judge

Nor I. So you have the two best members here not caring. You have our permission to upgrade.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I say go for it. Upgrades usually have some new things to look forward to as always.:)
Besides not to many people use the arcade anyway, it's mainly new memebrs that don't stay here long or Gravitar, but he can get his records back again anyway so it doesn't matter.

Posted by Jesse Smith

That'z a first!! Every normal human bean agrees with da wacko!!!!!! Now, if only u all did the same thing on the topic of n00bies!!!! :D:D:D:D

Quoting The Judge: Who cares what time you do it?

The 196 of you who come on in the day!!!! :bash:

Posted by The Judge

You have the Judge's permission to do it now.

Posted by Hyper

I've already go the skin ported, so go for it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm not even sure that I'll need any style change, unless it's changed to default. It was easior that I thought it would be. AJAX ROCKS!!!!!!!

Something tells me I should change the poll to 'Should we welcome n00bies in with open arms.'!!!!

The [url=http://www.v3arcade.com/forums/]v3Arcade boards[/url] are back, so it won't be too long before da arcade iz updated.

Quoting John: If you're upgrading from v3 Arcade running on vBulletin 3.0.x, all games will be carried over.

Looks like I won't have to delete the arcade part of the database and re-install, so there'z hope all scores will stay!!!

There'll be an upgrade script.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Jesse Smith:
Something tells me I should change the poll to 'Should we welcome n00bies in with open arms.'!!!!

Either that or lessons in grammer.

Posted by loony636

Oh yey! A new board! I think I'll sit at my computer pressing refresh until the error message comes up! lol!!!11!!!1onewon

Posted by Jesse Smith

*Takes note* Iris's vote never counts!

Gah, 23 members are loged on!! Can't you guys leave for a few hours!!!!!!! I don't have patience. Read my lips: I want AJAX!!!!!

Posted by Hyper

Just turn off the boards =/

Posted by Jesse Smith

But....

Currently Active Users: 37 (22 members and 15 guests)
Jesse Smith, Angelwing, Ant, Azusa, Big Boss, Bj Blaskowitz, Dark Bulb 4.3, Elfrind, Iris*, NegativeTrend, Poco, Poison, psp, Raquel, Roinkz, Sirus, Slade, Stalolin, Teddy's Lady, Trigger, Vampiro*, Zeta

I don't want to give them a heart attack (Ack!!!!!! There down!! NOOOOO!!! Where'z my rep!!! Will I keep my post count??)!!!! I want them 2 leave for a few hours!!! Gah, HOW can you have a site and be telling the visitors to leave!! I must be smoking crack!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Hyper

AJAX is worth it. Besides, those of us who know what's going on can mess with the n00bs who don't :cool: