Disc Misread

Posted by Clutch

Has anyone ever had a problem where their Xbox read a game disc as a dvd? Its probably something to do with the game/disc because its the only one that does it. The game is World Series of Poker and when i pop it in i get "You need to connect the DVD playback kit to watch movies"

any ideas?

Posted by The Punisher

"Do you this again, and you'll be banned"

Posted by Clutch

Ok, so any useful comments?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Punisher never has useful comments.

Most of the time, that's the same as a "dirty disk" error. To put it blunt, I'd call in Xbox customer service and take care of it. If you don't want to risk that, I'd go to a pawn shop and find a cheap Xbox (or get one from a friend) broken or otherwise, take it apart, open up the CD Drive, and exchange them. Not that hard.:)

Posted by The Punisher

Actualy Skitzo I wouldnt open it up, unless you have before. It voids the warranty on it, so its probaly best to send it to Customer Serveises at Xbox.

Edit: Yeah actualy the no useful comments thing is true most of the time. But sometimes I say something thats halfway smart but not complete. Like this thingy im typing here, dont worry you'll al get your chance to de rep me.

Posted by Skitzo Control

If you've had your Xbox for more than three months, it doesn't matter whether you void the warranty or not, because it's expired.

Posted by Flounder

or microsoft are money whores and will screw you over no matter the waranty... when i sent in for a new power cord they just sent me an old one again. apparently they dont care if the xbox fries and bunrs down my house. they just look at it for a chance to sell me anohter xbox :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

Not a chance. Microsoft has plenty of cash to go around, so I'd figure that they'd rather gain popularity with their customers rather than screw them over and take their money. I heard they're (or were) replacing old crappy drives with new drives.

Maybe they sent you a new cord, just without the fancy buttons. I believe we had to pay a dollar extra for that.

Posted by Flounder

you and i both know they are money whores...you said so yourself

Posted by cool gamer dad

Well, yes as in they're whores with a lot of money. :)

I'm sure they sent you a new cord. The reason they had the recall was because they didn't want a fire in your home.