Batman Begins

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]I made a thread about the new upcoming movie before the hack, i'm remaking it so that all the Batman fanatics here can chat about it. The new film as you might already know stars Christian Bale as the dark knight and Michael Caine as Alfred to name a few. The new director is Cristopher Nolan, of Memento fame and he apparently liked Cillian Murphy's performance in "28 Days Later" so much that he cast him as the villain Dr. Jonathan Crane aka, "The Scarecrow". The reason this movie has me so excited is the plot. It is about the origins of Batman and how Bruce wayne came to be a superhero. The story will have a darker theme than the previous Batman films, the way it should be.

Here's a quote from GameInformer that caught my attention:

[CENTER]If he chooses, as the footfalls of Gotham's criminals pound out a staccato rhythm on the streets, they'll see the tail end of a swooshing cape. But it's just a flash, enough of a shape or a movement that later, when they're held in his unflinching grip high above the safety of solid ground, they'll remember what they saw before and realize what they should have done. They should have run. They should have feared the one who would bring them to justice. They should have known that crime doesn't last long when he's around. They should have feared the Batman.[/CENTER][/COLOR]
[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Paul752/batman_begins_edited.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Posted by Fiindil

Isn't Batman's only power that he's super-rich?

Posted by Cloudstud

That and alot of Gadgets. Im not all the impressed with batman. I was watching that super hero cartoon once, the one with all the super heros. And batman was depressed cause everyone else had super powers and he couldnt really do anything cool like fly or make fire. I just thought that was kinda funny. Im looking alot more forward to the new Superman movie.

Posted by Dexter

Superpowers are dull. Superman is dull because he is too powerful. Batman had to work for what he got. Sure, he inherited the money, but he trained to become the fighter he is destined to become. I find the character of Bruce/Batman to be more intriguing than that of Superman. Emotional problems that haunt him and the passion that he received from his parent's death. Also, Bats are mysteriously cool.

As for the films, I believe Batman Begins will be of better quality than Superman Returns. Of course, I enjoy Christopher Nolan's work more than Bryan Singer's, although he is alright. And Kate Bosworth seems like a terrible choice to me as Lois Lane. The entire casting of Superman Returns seems a bit wrong, especially when compared to the brilliant cast that Batman Begins has. Christian Bale will be without a doubt the best actor to step into the Batsuit.

Posted by Crazy K

I liked all the Batman films so I hope this one is good aswell.

Posted by Pacifico

The Batman movies seemed to have run it's path after the last movie, but I guess making another woudn't hurt.

Posted by Mixhael

Quoting Dexter: Superpowers are dull. Superman is dull because he is too powerful. Batman had to work for what he got. Sure, he inherited the money, but he trained to become the fighter he is destined to become. I find the character of Bruce/Batman to be more intriguing than that of Superman. Emotional problems that haunt him and the passion that he received from his parent's death. Also, Bats are mysteriously cool.

Definitely. WB's "Smallville" does an okay job from the episodes I've seen to make Clark Kent/Superman not so dull, but as far as movies are concerned then this is hitting the nail right on the head.

On the subject of superpowers though, it just depends from character to character. Superman is dull because he can do everything. What makes Spider-Man, The Hulk, and various awesome X-Men so interesting is that they can't really do everything.

Posted by Dexter

Bruce has been my favorite popular hero since I was a young child and received my first Batman action figure. Since then, I have enjoyed the films, weather they were considered good films or not didn't really matter because I enjoyed the characters and was intrigued by the way they would come out onscreen. I liked all four Batman films, cartoons, and the very old TV show that used to run which later received its own film that I find hilarious. I think what I like best about Batman is the villains. I think it has the best set of villains out there, Scarecrow being my favorite. His psychological problems has always interest me and I used to dream about what it would be like if a good director would come along and make a Batman film with him in it. I never believed it would actually happen, and although this film isn't entirely set around this character, I am still looking forward to what they will do with him.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

i stopped watching the batman series after "batman returns", but "batman: the animated series" is top tier.

Posted by twosauce

All the Batman films are over exagerated.

Posted by Saruman

Quoting Dexter: Superpowers are dull. Superman is dull because he is too powerful. Batman had to work for what he got. Sure, he inherited the money, but he trained to become the fighter he is destined to become. I find the character of Bruce/Batman to be more intriguing than that of Superman. Emotional problems that haunt him and the passion that he received from his parent's death. Also, Bats are mysteriously cool.

As for the films, I believe Batman Begins will be of better quality than Superman Returns. Of course, I enjoy Christopher Nolan's work more than Bryan Singer's, although he is alright. And Kate Bosworth seems like a terrible choice to me as Lois Lane. The entire casting of Superman Returns seems a bit wrong, especially when compared to the brilliant cast that Batman Begins has. Christian Bale will be without a doubt the best actor to step into the Batsuit.

Hey Dex!!!! what about Micheal???? Cloony had the best chin for the suite.

I just seen preview for the movie yesterday. I now am very excited. I have always loved batman especially better than superman.

Superman isn't the same anymore, I mean with Christopher Reeves dieing and all.

Posted by Axis

I actually think the movie is going to be good. Nothing beats the animated series of Batman though.

Posted by Spartacus_(AceT)

Nolan's obviously a talented director. Memento was an excellent movie. I really really hope he does a good job on this Batman movie. The only other good Batman was the one directed by Tim Burton, with Jack Nicholson as the Joker. THAT was a friggen awesome film.

At first it was apparantely supposed to be Darren Aronofsky(Pi, Requiem for a Dream) at the director helm, but he gave it up and they got Nolan. From what I've read, all the actor talent is there, with Christian Bale as Batman and Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow. I STILL say Cillian Murphy deserved an Oscar nom for 28 Days Later. Say what you want, but I thought 28 Days Later was the best zombie movie since Night of the Living Dead, and Murphy was phenomenal.

I just hope big-studio Hollywood doesn't mess things up....like 99% of the time.

Posted by Dexter

I wonder why Katie Holmes got the role of Rachel Dodson. She has been such a drag from what I have seen of her, which is actually most of her major material. Hilary Swank would have been the ideal actress for the role. Christopher Nolan has worked with her before so I bet the option had occurred a few times. Christian Bale and Hilary Swank together would have been superb.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]BUMP

The movie is out now, so here's the thread i made months ago. You can discuss what you thought about the movie here.[/COLOR]

Posted by maian

Well, I liked it. They characterized Bruce really well, and went into a lot of detail of how he came to be, and his past. And when he was Batman, he did a good job of being intimidating and fearful. (ie, the scene where he had the fat guy on the bungee cord :cool: ) Batman is a cool hero, because he doesn't have powers, which ultimately makes it more realistic, having to rely on technology for herowork.

Posted by Illyria110

I thought that it was pretty good. It was a lot better than all of the other batman movies. They kept down on the corny catchfrases. And don't worry, Katie Holmes wasn't in a great deal of it, plus she was knocked out for a while. :) The acting and action sequences were pretty good too. In all, the movie was to my expectations, about as good as your gonna get for a batman movie.

Posted by Sudsy

Batman has no powers. He just has tight gadgets and lots of cash.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I've heard tons of good things about this movie

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Great movie. Nothing to complain about really. Great action, good acting, fantastic storytelling, and a very good pace.

Nolan did such a fantastic job. He breathed life into Batman, and showed that the series is still alive and well on the big screen.

He managed to cover his *** completely. Explained everything and left no plot holes from what I could see.

I loved how he focused on the Bruce-Batman relationship this time, not just the Batman-villian relationship. Though Scarecrow was done fantastically, he wasn't that manger, yet still had a big impact, and got the story moving. The guy who plaed him (He was in 28 Days Later I believe) was scary even without the mask on. Speaking of which, the effects of drug were awesome. When Scarecrow got his gas turned oh himself, Batman was awesome. The look was just incredibe. Pretty scary looking to.

Nolan also made everything believable. Which is nice, it allows you to get into the movie better. Hell, Ra's' immortality wasn't even mention, though it was hinted at quite a few times. They did that whole part very well actually. I was impressed. And mighty happy to see him finally get a part on the silver screen.

Over all, great stuff. I couldn't have been any happier. Bale was intense, and delivered one hell of a Batman, just amazing. Even the Batmobile was done well. Favourite hero movie ever, and one of my favourite movies ever.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

the film was very intresting. i never knew half of the stuff about batman before i saw this movie. like how batmans fighting skills developed. it was good because there were hardly any special effects added to the fighting. the scarecrow was a really cool villain. in the series, he's not all that, or the animated movie, but here, because of the mask and gas stuff, his character realyt had a effect. it was a shame how he was defeated. rather pathetic.

the nolan guy is a good actor. i am gonna look forward to the sequel with the joker in it. nice.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I thought that it was very good. The special effects are something that the movie for once did not have to rely on, in accordance to most recent movie's rules. The dialouge was somewhat witty and the action was slightly over fair.

I'd give it a Seven-Point-Five out of Ten.

Quoted post: the nolan guy is a good actor. i am gonna look forward to the sequel with the joker in it. nice.

Nolan is the director.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

sorry buddy, i meant christian bale.

Posted by Supermario

I thought it was a pretty good movie. Im not sure if it's my favorite Batman movie, but I thought it was good. It showed how Bruce became so good at fighting, and what he was fighting for, and also how Batman got his suit and gadgets. The only problem I noticed was a few fight sceans were hard to see, could of been a little better. The Tumbler was better than I thought, I thought it would be just too big of a car for Batman. But it was cool in the car chase scean. All the other characters in the movie were good too. This movie is about the beginning of Batman, so there is not a large back story about the villians in the film.

Posted by Fate

Badassery. The "Batman" voice was a bit much, but the movie itself was great. Not to mention that Bale was the hottest Batman ever.

Quoted post: Badassery. The "Batman" voice was a bit much

That's what I heard going into the movie, but I found it perfect. Some people said it was cheesey, but I believe Bale pulled it off well. The only part that was a bit much was when he had the corrupt cop hanging by the heels, but even that was done pretty well.

Quoted post: Not to mention that Bale was the hottest Batman ever.

I agree.

Quoted post:
This movie is about the begining of Batman, so there is not a large back story about the villians in the film.

No, that has no impact on the movie whatsoever. The director wanted to focus on the batman-bruce relationship, not the batman-villian relationship. So the timeline doesn't matter.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Dexter]Bruce has been my favorite popular hero since I was a young child and received my first Batman action figure. Since then, I have enjoyed the films, weather they were considered good films or not didn't really matter because I enjoyed the characters and was intrigued by the way they would come out onscreen. I liked all four Batman films, cartoons, and the very old TV show that used to run which later received its own film that I find hilarious. I think what I like best about Batman is the villains. I think it has the best set of villains out there, Scarecrow being my favorite. His psychological problems has always interest me and I used to dream about what it would be like if a good director would come along and make a Batman film with him in it. I never believed it would actually happen, and although this film isn't entirely set around this character, I am still looking forward to what they will do with him.

I agree. I liked Batman since I was a wee little kid. I have tons of Batman toys that I collected and pretty much lost all the peices for. Anyways I like all the Batman movies. Even though a lot of people say the past Batman films were bad, I liked all of them. My favorite batman film is actually Batman Returns.. :) Atleast so far. I still hope to see Batman Begins soon.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Good movie. I still liked the original Batman movie better.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it was awesome.

Posted by Dexter

"spelunking" (title). lol

Posted by Skruffy

i liked it.

i agree his voice was overdone...
another small problem i had was that in the original batman (1989?) Jack napier is the criminal who kills the Waynes.. why did they change it?

and what happens to his girlfriend?..she's not in Batman.
I havnt read the comics - does anyone know if theyre following the comics here?

Posted by saint sinner x

IT WAS JOE CHILL WHO KILLED BATMAN'S PARENTS NOT THE JOKER AND THIS IS A RESTART NOT A FREAKING PREQUEL.

Posted by Mystic Hero

And you are? Why did you bump this old thread? It's almost three months old.

Posted by saint sinner x

What do u care buddy.