vBulletin 3.5.0 Released

Posted by Jesse Smith

But something tell me you guys want the Arcade, so I think I'll need to wait until that's released!!!!! I like 3.5 much better than the current version. (I live over at a webmaster message board that went through the beta upgrades.)

AJAX ROCKES!!!!!

Posted by Klarth

Does this one fix all our silly security loopholes so no furries can get through?

Posted by Jesse Smith

No upgrade has ever kept the hackers out, and no upgrade ever will. It's called geting passwords. Only way to be hacker free is have no mods/super mods/admins/super admins....

Quoting John: Give me a few days to clean the new release up, a couple of days for beta, and then it'll be final.

Looks like it might not be long before the Arcade is upgraded.

Posted by sabre

Looking forward to it. Will we have the same database, or are we going to lose everything? ...again?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: No upgrade has ever kept the hackers out, and no upgrade ever will. It's called geting passwords. Only way to be hacker free is have no mods/super mods/admins/super admins..

Indeed, I think there are many ways for a hacker to hack a forum regardless the upgrades. Usually hackers have a big knowledge for PCs, so they probably know what to do :(

Lol, this forum has all but super admins. Stop that joke Jesse :P

Posted by The Judge

We won't have to re-register and everything again, will we?

Then again, it might be nice to finally have a new name.

Posted by Klarth

Databases can be moved and re-used as far as I know. Posts, profiles, etc.

Posted by Xero

Quoting The Judge: We won't have to re-register and everything again, will we?

Then again, it might be nice to finally have a new name.

A new name? Cant you ask jesse to change it like chaos der bersund turned into Misoxeny?

Posted by Sirus

...if the post count and the names get reset for the new vB...I guess that wouldnt bother me...=P

Posted by Xero

I'd keep flame ghost...I dont have another good username in mind even if probably everymember thinks anything could be better than flame ghost :P

Posted by Poison

If up grading means losing all the data and effort I have put into my account, then I for one do not wish for Jesse to upgrade to the new vBulletin (for selfish reasons).

Posted by Ex-Linkman

NO, if Jesse does upgrade to vB 3.5.0, nothing will be lost. The upgrade changes the files that build up the site; it doesn't do a single thing to the database itself.

Whoever it is doing the hacking probably has a decrypting program. They hack into the server (or CPanel), look at the database (PHPMyAdmin), get a supermod's encrypted password, and decrypt it using the program.

With that said, upgrade please. :)

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Flame ghost: A new name? Cant you ask jesse to change it like chaos der bersund turned into Misoxeny?

Yes and no. If I just change my name, everyone will b*tch at me to the point where I end up changing it back. It'd be better if I were to just re-register when the new one came back. But since nothing will change, oh well.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: NO, if Jesse does upgrade to vB 3.5.0, nothing will be lost. The upgrade changes the files that build up the site; it doesn't do a single thing to the database itself.

That's if it goes right!!! When I left version 2 for example, it went bonkers and we started all over!!!!! Of course it was supposed to have no trouble!!! Then after the first upgrade hopefully all the other ones will work!!!! I think the templates will have to be changed back (They suggest doing that!!)

Gah, I have yet to see any other vBulletin site crash!!! I think this place iz cursed!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Hyper

[quote=Linkman]NO, if Jesse does upgrade to vB 3.5.0, nothing will be lost. The upgrade changes the files that build up the site; it doesn't do a single thing to the database itself.

Wrong. It also changes the database structure. :) But they always include an upgrade script; If Jesse can manage to keep hitting "next," we won't have a problem.

And I'll gladly port the skin to 3.5 after the upgrade, Jesse, just as I did with the vB2->vB3 switch.

AJAX Rocks, by the way.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Hyper: AJAX Rocks, by the way.

Hey, that was my line!! Copyright infringment!!! One of these days I'll upgrade my other vBulletin site first, since it get's way less activity. It's at version 3.0.1 with

Threads: 618, Posts: 2,373, Members: 411

MUCH easior to test it out over there!!!!

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I like vB2's design a lot better than vB3's. All these unnecessary

and
are kinda annoying, dispite the fact they look pretty good on the default vB3 skin. Revert it back to the default skin to upgrade if that's what it recommends. Hyper and I (or just Hyper, whatever) can bring it back afterwards; possibly get rid of some of these unnecessary boxes too.

Quoting Hyper: And I'll gladly port the skin to 3.5 after the upgrade, Jesse, just as I did with the vB2->vB3 switch.

OMG >=O

Posted by Hyper

Linkman can help too! [spoiler]yah rite[/spoiler]

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Flame ghost: I'd keep flame ghost...I dont have another good username in mind even if probably everymember thinks anything could be better than flame ghost :P

What about "NIGHTHAUNTER"? (LOL)

Flame Ghost is a fine name. It suits you well!

Stoked about the upgrade, Jesse.

Jesse, you haven't posted a single " :D " in this thread... Something wrong?

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Quoting Fei-on: Jesse, you haven't posted a single " :D " in this thread... Something wrong?

Look again. ;) *cough*post #14*cough*

Anyway, Jesse's usually pretty serious when it comes to webmaster stuff. And now that I've mentioned that, he's going to "wacko" again.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Linkman: Look again. ;) *cough*post #14*cough*

Anyway, Jesse's usually pretty serious when it comes to webmaster stuff. And now that I've mentioned that, he's going to "wacko" again.

Consider yourself served, Fei-on.

Posted by Jesse Smith

:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D

Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! How DARE you say I'm normal!!!!!!!!! I just downloaded vBulletin 3.5 for my other small site and I'm going to upgrade that one now. (Well, don't you guys want the arcade??!!!) :D:D:D

Posted by Jesse Smith

I got the other boards upgraded, with no trouble. I got errors while updating, but that was of course fixed by the time every thing was updated.)

AJAX ROCKS!!!!! I really want to update these boards!!!! But of course you guys would freak out if the arcade went bye bye for awhile!!!! :D:D:D