Firmware 2.0 Downgrader (v2.0=>1.5) Complete (Instructions, Files)

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

It's true everyone, the long wait is over! Another dev named MPH has created the MPH downgrader for v2.0 PSPs, finally allowing a full downgrade to version 1.50! I have tested this on two PSPs and had flawless results, but before we begin, I must say that...

...Although this has been tried and found working, this does not mean there is no risk involved so use at your own risk. I cannot be responsible for any damages caused to your PSP. Read: If you brick your PSP, don't blame me.

Now, let's continue, shall we?

MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE UPGRADED TO VERSION 2.0, I DO NOT KNOW THE RESULTS OF A v1.51 OR v1.52 ATTEMPT

Steps to use the MPH downgrader:
- Create an UPDATE folder in the /PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick
- Copy EBOOT.PBP (update 1.50) in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder
- Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip
- Copy overflow.tif in your /PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick
(make sure you have already changed your background to frame_buffer.png as explained in the toc2rta exploit.)
- Copy h.bin to root of your memory stick (meaning in ms0:/)
- Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick (meaning in ms0:/ as well)
- Plug the AC adaptor

You memory stick filesystem should look like this (where X is your memory sticks directory):

X:/h.bin
X:/index.dat
X:/PSP/PHOTO/overflow.tif (with no other pictures in there)
X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP (the 1.50 Firmware update eboot)

What you do next is go into the Photo Menu on the PSP and it will show some jumbled text, which is normal. Wait about 30 seconds and then restart your PSP.

From there you will now have a new file in your PSP

Posted by Krazykracker188

well I tryed this downgrader, I downgraded, but.....I went to 1.00, not 1.50. Don't ask me how I did it cause I have no clue.

Posted by The Punisher

Sorry for asking, but what is downgrading allowing you too do? Im guessing it is something like allowing you to use illegal hardware with your PSP that the current updates have stoped from working. If not can you please inform me?

You mean software, first off, and secondly, NO, we don't condone illegal acts here, only the use of homebrew products. A listing of which can be found at:

http://www.psphacker.com

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Velvet Nightmare]and secondly, NO, we don't condone illegal acts here

Says you who posted a link to the Advent Children torrent. :)

I'm not going to try out homebrew until 2.0 is hacked, so eh.

Quoting Klarth: I'm not going to try out homebrew until 2.0 is hacked, so eh.

Well go try out the buffer overflow exploit for 2.0 then.

Posted by KoH

Velvet... I love you... YOU ROCK.

Quoting KoH: Velvet... I love you... YOU ROCK.

I can only take credit for beta testing it, reporting, and linking. It's a stunning piece of work though :D .

Posted by The Punisher

Condone Illegal Acts... who said Illegal. Yeah you shutup. Ok so it's just for using your own stuff, like ROM's or what not?

Quoting The Punisher: Condone Illegal Acts... who said Illegal. Yeah you shutup. Ok so it's just for using your own stuff, like ROM's or what not?

If you feel like taking the risk of downloading ROMS and keeping them over the legal 24 hour period noted commonly as "test run", then that's you choice. However, for me, being able to dump all of my games to my memory stick in addition to music and movies really reduces the bulk of plastic that I have to tote with myself when moving.