Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Posted by Zyne

This game is the sequal to Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow for the GBA, and so far its looking very nice. It continues the SoTN feel they have going from the past GBA Castlevania's as it puts you back in a huge maze like castle 2d style searching for things to kill and collect as you try and prevent Dracula's resurrection (like always). They upped the soul collection system from the original, now the more souls you collect the more powerful your spells and summons become. The touch screens effect is minimal, you use it to finish off bosses and clear away blocked pathways and such. And one really nice feature they added was that now the top screen can be used as the map. I also hear you can make little areas and populate them with enemies for you and your friends to race through. I believe the game is already out in Europe and comes to the US Oct. 4.

For more info and screen shots you can check here:
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=592440

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Although I haven't ever really gotten into the Castlevania games (I've always meant to) it looks interesting enough. I'll have to check it out after its release.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I personally can't wait for this game. I loved AoS and SotN, and if this game is like either of them, it should also be awesome.

Plus, from what I've seen, the new additions look pretty cool. Especially the whole "boss sealing" thing.

Posted by ExoXile

I've naver played any of the Castelvania games... YES! the one on the SNES.. yeah.
Though dawn of sorrows is going to be one o-mine DS games!

//Edit:
I'll have it in three days.

Posted by Zeta

One week left until it is released! I can't wait! I've heard it surpasses SOTN, except for the music. Aria of Sorrow was beatiful, and had pretty good replay value. I want to fight that Gergoth monster so bad.

I just hope I can scrounge up $30 this week -_-; I need a job... hey, how old do you need to be to work at GameStop?

Quoted post: I need a job... hey, how old do you need to be to work at GameStop?

17 I think. Though it won't hurt to wait an extra year.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]17 I think.
****ation, 1 year and 5 months away! >< I'll just have to find another way.

Hey, do you think they still have the Red Minotaur soul? That thing was awesome with the Chaos Ring.

Posted by ExoXile

I'll have Castlevanica: DS in 2 days! HAHAHAHAH!
I jeeez love livin' in europe :D

Quoted post: I'll have Castlevanica: DS in 2 days! HAHAHAHAH!
I jeeez love livin' in europe

Because you get one out of every ten games earlier than the States?

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: Because you get one out of every ten games earlier than the States?

Yepp ;)

(And the deers...)

Posted by Drewboy64

I haven't played Castlevanai games before, but I've been hyped about this game.

Posted by ExoXile

I got it two days ago, and heck.
I've never played any of the games, besides the IV-V for Snes.

And, i must say.
I'm totally addicted to it! :p:
It's great, i'm just sad over my green pixel :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro]Because you get one out of every ten games earlier than the States?

That's changing now, sir. We got Pac Pix before you, we got polarium before you and we're getting Mario Kart before you. :)

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Speedfreak: That's changing now, sir. We got Pac Pix before you, we got polarium before you and we're getting Mario Kart before you. :)

Europe's getting all the good stuff before us now ;_;. At least we only have to wait a few days for the games that get released in Europe first. You guys have to wait for months for games that are released in North America first, right?

Oh, and Vampiro, I checked at GameStop. You only have to be 16 to work there. (Which is still 6 months away -_-)

Quoted post: Oh, and Vampiro, I checked at GameStop. You only have to be 16 to work there. (Which is still 6 months away -_-)

Ah, none of those in Canada. And the EBs around me only want 18 and up.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Zeta]Europe's getting all the good stuff before us now ;_;. At least we only have to wait a few days for the games that get released in Europe first. You guys have to wait for months for games that are released in North America first, right?

Oh, and Vampiro, I checked at GameStop. You only have to be 16 to work there. (Which is still 6 months away -_-)

Not as much, now. It's definately changing. Nintendo of Europe is basically aiming for a point where Europe isn't behind the US with game releases, but just has different release schedules. Like how we got Another Code way before the US did, but we have to wait for AC. Pretty soon nit'll be even.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Speedfreak: Pac Pix before you

I got the Pac Pix stylus when i ordered "Down of Sorrows" =P

Posted by thelaststand

i bought this game yesterday, and i really like it so far, theres really no use of the stylus though, i would definately suggest giving it a try though

Posted by Drewboy64

Whoa, Mario kart is coming out in England before the US? **** you!

And I love Castlevania. This is my first game from the franchise and I love it. I might pick up aria of sorrow sometime.

Posted by ExoXile

^ I'm with him.

Posted by Speedfreak

Not anymore it ain't, got delayed by 2 weeks...

Bastards...

Posted by ExoXile

Meh :(

Quoted post: theres really no use of the stylus though, i would definately suggest giving it a try though

Sure there is. The Seals and Familiar attacks are two very good uses for the touchscreen. Of course, there could be more (Breaking ice doesn't count...), but what they've done is pretty neat.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I like the Super Metroid-style Castlevania games well enough, but I wish they'd make a more traditional game in the series every once in awhile.

Posted by thelaststand

what do i need to break ice, do i just need a certain soul? thats wat some1 told me

Quoted post: what do i need to break ice, do i just need a certain soul? thats wat some1 told me

Beat a boss. I think it's the second one. You'll know him when you see him, since a beam shoots though the ice that's blocking your way.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai]I like the Super Metroid-style Castlevania games well enough, but I wish they'd make a more traditional game in the series every once in awhile.

Hm? I don't know much about Castlevania, don't they all play a bit like Metroid?

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Speedfreak: Hm? I don't know much about Castlevania, don't they all play a bit like Metroid?

"Castletroid" started with Symphony of the Night. All the games before that were level oriented.

I still don't have the game ;_;

Quoted post: Hm? I don't know much about Castlevania, don't they all play a bit like Metroid?

... Not really...

Posted by Speedfreak

First one I played was the GBA version, so...

Posted by Drewboy64

Some of them have lots of similarities. DS, for example, has a metroid-esque map, and its a platformer, so yeah. It's a bit like metroid, and it's really fun.

The soul-system, puzzles, and combat (which are the backbone of the game) really differentiate it from Metroid.

But yeah, they do compare when you consider the map, back-tracking, objectives that open up previously locked passages, and so on.

But what matters is what makes it very different.

Posted by Drewboy64

Castlevania is extremely fun, and it should be bought. yeah.