Are you excited about the PS3?

Posted by Buneasta

Yes, and no. Well I wanna see what it can offer, and the only reason I'll get it is for Silent Hill 5.

Posted by Unite

I'm look forward to it but it's still will be a while before it will be released. Till then I have been waiting for Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

Posted by PerpetualAngst

Quoting Buneasta: Yes, and no. Well I wanna see what it can offer, and the only reason I'll get it is for Silent Hill 5.

ONLY for silent hill 5? Well I bet you'll find some other game :]

As for me I am looking forward to it but I dont want it to come out anytime soon, Im already busy with my current consoles and dont want to rush for the next-gen system. I'm sure it will blow me away.

Posted by Bebop

I haven't heard much so so I haven't decided. Either way I'll buy it just like I'll buy the others.

Posted by Cloudstud

I cant wait to play the next gen RPG games. Im looking forward to hopfully some new innovative games instead of the same old sequals.

Posted by Arczu

I really don't know what to expect with the PS3. I think some of these 'next gen' consoles are coming out waay to fast even. Suddenly, that PS9 commercial comes to mind... yike...

But with all the talk of that chip that reached all over, it will definately have some power to go with the games. This chip is so advanced it beats some of our current top-of-the-line computers. It oughtta be worth looking at.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully sony's lack of design sense will continue to snowball, and the system will be even less desirable to developers than the ps2 was, thus leveling the playing field for competition in the industry. Bottlenecks in the hardware itself, coupled with a launch around or after Nintendo and Microsoft's should help to keep sony closer to their place in the next generation. "Their place" being far, far away from the industry at all, of course.

Posted by Big Boss

Of course I am, but I'm not in a hurry to play it. The PS2 has way too many great games for me to play, and still more to come. Sony can take its sweet time obliterating the competition for another generation. If an MGS is released in opening day, I'll get it then... or a God of War, or an ICO, or a Kri/Kasai, or...

Posted by Boner

How could you not be excited about this system?!?

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/bc2412/ps3front.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Speedfreak

The Cell sounds kinda neat, but when I came across a bunch of propaganda Sony spread about the PS2 I'm not so sure what they've said about it isn't total BS.

Posted by alquirti's bashes

Well...I already have it so I was exited.

Posted by Drewboy64

OMFGFY OU DUe? Wutz it lik?

I'm not that excited. Why lie? I'm not excited at all. It will be interesting how the sales go though, and I'm curious how expensive it will be.

Posted by Ant

I'm kinda, I guess.

Not much to really look forward to, from my point of view.

Posted by Echo

Eh. I'm getting a Revolution, and I might get the PS3 later, but I'm not too excited about it. Just more of the same games with better graphics, like the X-Box 360.

Posted by Moogs

I will be getting one along with revolution and Xbox 360... I'm not too excited about the console. I more or less want to play MGS 4; however, I'm sure that won't be the only great launch title.

Posted by Random

I'm a believer in trying everything out so I'll probably buy it. I'm not really excited about it. To be honest it seems as though the better PS3 games are most likely on the 360 anyways. Sony had to downgrade some of their hardware to compete with Microsoft in the pricing field. I know i'm buying a 360 and a Revolution but we'll see about the PS3. If that Final Fantasy VII is an exclusive, Metal Gear Solid 4 turns out to be an exclusive, and if they come up with some other games then i'll probably buy one.

But Silent Hill 5? Do you realize theres a 99% chance that it'll be on the 360 aswell? Thats what I don't get. People at the holiday season buying PS2's and I ask why. They mainly say for the GTA Series, the new Castlevania, the Madden Series, Tony Hawk Series, and a couple other series. Most are on the Xbox.. So why buy a PS2 for the same price when you could purchase those same games on a better console? I don't comprehend at all...

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom]They mainly say for the GTA Series, the new Castlevania, the Madden Series, Tony Hawk Series, and a couple other series. Most are on the Xbox.. So why buy a PS2 for the same price when you could purchase those same games on a better console? I don't comprehend at all...

You realize most of those games look almost exactly alike on both consoles, there may be little differences here and there, but nothing noticeable hardly in graphics or speed since a all of those games you mentioned are just ports from the PS2 version.

Another reason could be they like the controller better or perhaps the casual gamer likes the idea of having a DVD player without having to purchase anything else, I can think of several reasons.

[QUOTE=Big Boss][color=yellowgreen]http://gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=13145

Quoting SomebodyRandom:
GTA exclusive for a year? I'm pretty sure in mid 2005 I heard something about Rockstar Games contract to release the GTA titles for Sony consoles first ended. I don't know that for sure but i'm pretty sure I saw that somewhere. I think probably work. .

So your argument that the xbox 360 version will be superior to the ps3 version is also false, since they will develop simultaneously, thus negating a "special edition" that you speak of.

Quoting SomebodyRandom:
And you can't say the Xbox 360 loses. Not yet my friend. The PS3 maybe $600 and have few exclusive worthy titles to play. Besides didn't they stick with 2 ports for their controllers? What a mistake.

The ps3 will not cost 600 dollars.

Also, when I said xbox loses I meant your version of the xbox 360, one that had a special edition gta and therefore better than the ps3.

One thing you are neglecting is the fact that you can hook up psp and other devices to the 7 controller port. So, plausibly, you could have a two vs. two team that each has a psp for a map type thing similar to the splinter cell gc/gba thing.

So, by your standards, the xbox 360 is a loser.

Posted by MadeULook

I cant wait. I'll actually wait in line overnight for it. Did they give out an official release date yet? Does people that already have the ps3 how good is it compared to 360??

Posted by Speedfreak

No one has a PS3. The only people that do swear constantly when trying to develop games for it. Why the hell would you wait in line for a console that doesn't have any launch titles?

Posted by Lord of Spam

If its in the 5-6 hundred dollar range, I'd rather just upgrade my computer and play decent games.:/

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting SomebodyRandom: And probably XBox 360 which will have a cheaper price tag. So when it comes down to it. Your interested in non-exclusive games. Are you going to pay more for a console to play those same games as something you could play with on a cheaper yet still very powerful system?

And Boomstick there is a difference in speed. Especially for Grand Theft Auto. The Main loading screen for the PS2 is 36 seconds long. The same loading screen is 6 seconds long for the Xbox. 1/6 the time it took for the PS2. And I prefer to play my games without a huge loading screen ^_^
Which makes Morrowind a killer though.

Actually, the loading for the XBOX San Andreas is the worst out of the three. Also, whenever you get a haircut a black screen appears and says 'Loading' on the Xbox and that does not appear on the PS2. Also, the XBOX version has a ****load of jaggies and the framerate drops really low. I own both versions, and clearly the PS2 version is better.