Nintendo's Best Character?

Posted by Xqars

What do you think is Nintendo's best video game character? I think it's Link because of his gadgets, his awesome games, and that funky hat.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Well, Mario, Link and Donkey Kong are Nintendo's best characters, mostly based on popularity. But if i were to pick Nintendo's strongest character, it'd have to be Mewtwo. Psychic powers pwn all.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arczu

I really think that Mario is their best character. He is versitile beyond belief. Lots of people play his games enthusiastically. He does so many different things, most to do with his extreme jumping ability. I would not be surprised if he was Nintendo's best character, because he practically started it all.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Tie between Link and Samus.

Posted by Burrito

How dare you forget kirby! It really makes no sense to have Captain Falcon, but not kirby. Also, there isn't anyone named Star Fox. His name is Fox Mcloud, Star Fox is the name of his team.

Anyways, I would say Link. Just because he's awesome.

Posted by Mystic Hero

If we are talking about the best All Star Nintendo character overall it would have to be Mario. Mario appearing in a lot of Nintendo's earlier games when it was first introduced to the gaming industry became very popular back in the day. Competing with a lot of other gaming franchises and the newly introduced Sonic games in teh 1990's Mario still seemed to be one of the most popular video game characters aroudn at that time. Today he his is still on many titles of Nintendo All Star games and still remains a very popular character. So to me, it would seem Mario would win this contest seeing as most people know Nintendo not only for the great new All Stars they now house, but also for one of the earliest and most popular gaming stars to date, Super Mario.

Posted by Xqars

Quoting Burrito: How dare you forget kirby! It really makes no sense to have Captain Falcon, but not kirby. Also, there isn't anyone named Star Fox. His name is Fox Mcloud, Star Fox is the name of his team.

Sorry, Kirby just totally got spaced from my mind. And as for Star Fox, I don't play that game, I know nothing about it. I just remember some of my friends always wanting to pick him for Super Smash Bros Melee.

Posted by Zeta

In terms of power, it would be Samus. She'd rip through everyone with the Screw Attack.

In terms of popularity, Mario & Link. I don't understand why girl gamers don't like Metroid. Girls are always complaining about there not being any games with a girl that doesn't dress slutty as the main character. The Metroid franchise doesn't rely on sex appeal, so why don't girls like Metroid?

Posted by -Shadow-

Tie between Link and Mario.

Posted by Nickd009

Mario is obviously the best and most orgianal and oldest nitendo character.

Quoted post: I don't understand why girl gamers don't like Metroid. Girls are always complaining about there not being any games with a girl that doesn't dress slutty as the main character. The Metroid franchise doesn't rely on sex appeal, so why don't girls like Metroid?

I think it's because they don't realize Samus is a girl...

Posted by ExoXile

I voted Link but Samus is just as cool.

Quoting Vampiro: I think it's because they don't realize Samus is a girl...

Haha..... good dang big breastplate that "man's" got :D
Or perhaps... they think it's a robot.
Still, RoboCop didn't... so why would samus.....

Posted by boomstick

Samus, I mean come on, the silent women who kick *** are almost automatically the most kickass.

Posted by Ant

I'd have to go with Mario. He is just...so...amazing overall. I mean, he goes around kicking the *** of bowser constantly, yet still finds the time to play tons of sports games and get down with his badself in some hardcore DDR action.

But beyond Mario, Link comes in a close 2nd. The best Hero in any game I would have to say. He is the definition of Hero-ness. And the green...works so well for him :cool:

Posted by The Judge

Metaknight: As evil as Kirby Gets. And considering Kirby goes around eating everyone alive before absorbing their nutrients, shocking people to death, burning their skin off, and crusing them under rocks, that's pretty evil.
Marth: Most badass swordsman you can get.
Jaffar: Fire Emblem's Greatest Assassin.
Conker: Doesn't get much more hardcore than the sh*t he does.
The Guy From Contra: Fights aliens with his badass guns.
Duke Nukem: As above, except screws tons of chicks as well.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=The Judge]Conker: Doesn't get much more hardcore than the sh*t he does.
Rareware. No longer appearing on any Nintendo consoles having been sold out to Microsoft.

[quote=The Judge]Duke Nukem: As above, except screws tons of chicks as well.
The Duke Nukem franchise is now copyrighted by 3D Realms. And the first two Duke Nukem games were DOS-based for the PC.

That said, I pick [custom Robo v2 character here].

Posted by The Judge

Technicalities. Metaknight wins.

Posted by The Punisher

Phsss Link all the way.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Zeta: In terms of power, it would be Samus. She'd rip through everyone with the Screw Attack.

In terms of popularity, Mario & Link. I don't understand why girl gamers don't like Metroid. Girls are always complaining about there not being any games with a girl that doesn't dress slutty as the main character. The Metroid franchise doesn't rely on sex appeal, so why don't girls like Metroid?

Maybe it's because people don't just play games based on the main character. Shooting games don't usually attract girls.

Posted by Raquel

Mario, just because he represents Nintendo.

Posted by Water Adept Mia

All very good choices, but I went with "other". If you can't tell by my advatar, I really like Mia. We share the same name and I love the water so...

Quoted post: Maybe it's because people don't just play games based on the main character. Shooting games don't usually attract girls.

Then thank *** Metroid games aren't shooters.

Posted by Burrito

Wooops, I'm sorry. Metroid games aren't shooters, but you can't disagree with me that a good amount of the game is made up of shooting. They could actually be called shooter/platformer/adventures. I would say that the 3D ones lean more on the adventure side than the 2D ones.

Posted by Random

haha personally I always Loved the Game with Ness in it. Ness is a kick*** character.

Posted by linkmaster

you forgot about kirby and DK, i like captain falcon on all the f-zero games i like samus,link, mario, i like them all it is preety hard to choose

Quoted post: you forgot about kirby and DK

That's what "Other" is for.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Vampiro: That's what "Other" is for.

Yeah, but kirby is too important of a character to be considered "other".

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Burrito: Yeah, but kirby is too important of a character to be considered "other".

He's too ****ty of a character to even exist, so who the hell cares.

Posted by Seres Aran

Nyah... I'm surprised at how many people chose Samus. But then again, that shouldn't be surprising... she is the coolest and strongest character of Nintendo... so she definitely gets my vote. Anyways, second in line comes Link, and then Fox McCloud. Oh yeah, my three favorite nintendo characters. And if I like them... then they're worth something. Recognize!

Posted by veritas

Mario. Need I say more?

Posted by KMFDM

Link has to be the best most of his games are really good and fun too play.

Quoted post: I'm surprised at how many people chose Samus.

Yeah, man. Two out of twenty-six. Whoa, that's a lot of people.

Posted by GameMiestro

Metroid Prime: Hunters is considered to be a first-person shooter. Not very helpful, I guess.

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, man. Two out of twenty-six. Whoa, that's a lot of people.

Yah, I think it's time for a F.Y.I. I wasn't talking about the poll. But hey, it's okay, everyone makes mistakes. :) Don't feel bad.

Posted by GameMiestro

Oddly, more people voiced support for Samus in posts than actually voted for her in the poll.

Posted by Seres Aran

Thank you, Miestro, thank you. I rest my case.

Quoted post: Yah, I think it's time for a F.Y.I. I wasn't talking about the poll. But hey, it's okay, everyone makes mistakes. Don't feel bad.

Pick your words more carefully then. When the thread contains a poll, obviously people would think you're talking about it. Especially when you use words like "chose".

Posted by Seres Aran

Fine... picky picky... just know I wasn't talking about the poll this time.

Posted by Sword of Light

[SIZE="7"][/SIZE]LINK ROCKS:-D

Posted by The_Jury

Zelda. Princess Zelda.

Posted by Colonel

D'uh. Link it even says so in Nintendo Power

Posted by Fox_McCloud

Fox McCloud of course!

Posted by Game Over

I'm going to go with luigi, if you think about it he's always put aside as mario takes the stand, he's a tough little trooper too!

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

Heh, I prefer Luigi over Mario!

Posted by naughtydogy

my favorite guy is link.

Posted by Max Mouse

Link is the greatest

Posted by holy_flare

I'd have to go with Luigi.

Posted by ShadowsQuest2500

Without a doubt.....LINK!!!!!!! This character is my ultimate undying hero!

Posted by Gamerboy

I like olmar from pikmin because if he was ever in a game like super smash bros he could use them to kill his enemy's with like the poison pikmin the purple super strong pikmin and the yellow bomb pikmins.

Posted by Arcadios

Mario.

Posted by Samusfreak

Samus is my favorite of course

Posted by Uzmutt

Link. He rocks.
Pickachu is really cute though.

Posted by Creedence

Link is awsome. Marios close behind.

Could somebody tell be what came out first, the first Mario game for the Nes, or Legend of Zelda for the Nes. Thanks xD

Posted by Yui

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: Link is awsome. Marios close behind.

Could somebody tell be what came out first, the first Mario game for the Nes, or Legend of Zelda for the Nes. Thanks xD

the first mario game was released before the legend of zelda. the system package included the super mario/ duckhunt game.

Posted by Oforia

Donkey Kong because he is big and hairy!

HAHA INNUENDO

Posted by Raptor

Fox McCloud, easily.

Quoting Game Over: I'm going to go with luigi, if you think about it he's always put aside as mario takes the stand, he's a tough little trooper too!

Uh, you're kidding, right? Have you ever seen the old Mario cartoons? In every episode, he acts like a quivering, cowering pussy.

Posted by Pit

Jak from Jak and Daxter

Posted by ArchAngel4434

Kirby

Posted by UncleYaris

[COLOR="Black"]Donkey Kong =D[/COLOR]

Posted by veritas

Ill go with DK cause I like to use him in SSBM

Posted by Corrupt

I don't know, I think Kamek just might be my favorite character that Nintendo has ever spewed out during their 20+ years in the business. It's just such a shame that he's so underrated and overlooked, though. If not Kamek, then I'd have to say either Bowser or Yoshi. Yes, I know they're all Mario-related characters, but I'm seriously not coming up with any other characters from a different franchise that would even come close to being a favorite of mine. :( To be quite truthful, I find most of the main characters from popular Nintendo games (e.g. Mario, Link, Samus) to be boring as hell.

Posted by Creedence

I wanna change my vote to toad, hes so under appreciated. :)

Posted by zigzaghakr

Falco the guy is so awesome and fox always get the glory when probably falco does all the killing and fox swoops in 30 minuites late and does the rest leavin falco with no arm and nothing else

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Safe to say Falco is my favorite character of Nintendo's, but I wouldn't say that he's the best. Mario, Samus, Link, or one of Nintendo's other poster children would have to be classified as the "best" character.[/COLOR]

Posted by Pit

Quoting Corrupt: I don't know, I think Kamek just might be my favorite character that Nintendo has ever spewed out during their 20+ years in the business. It's just such a shame that he's so underrated and overlooked, though.

He's not underrated or overlooked. He's an enemy. No real story, no real nothing, he just does his things. His story is comparable to that of a goomba, koopa, koopa paratroopa, and any other baddie in the Mario universe. Yeah so he made baby bowser huge and has finally gotten some slightly larger roles, but he just started out as the dude in the castle who did magic. If anyone is overlooked and forgotten its the koopa kids. Yeah they made an appearance in Mario and Luigi superstar saga, but if they are Bowsers kids, opposed to Kamek, mother****ers should have a story or at least roles as bosses in Mario games, ******* bowser jr steals all the thunder.

I'd have to go with Mario, IF I WAS ABLE TO VOTE. I mean, what's not to like about the guy?

Posted by Ant

Yeah, I really wish they would go back to the whole krew of boswer kids instead of this bowser jr. ****.

Posted by NeXidala

In my opinion, Nintendo's best character would have to be Mario. Somehow he just embodies everything Nintendo is. He is versatile and has, in one way or another, found a way in our hearts.

Closely following Mario though, would have to be Link. He just has entranced us with decades of entertaining gaming that have only progressed through the years. Truly gives me a feeling of nostalgia everytime I play with him and has a feeling of greatness around him.

Quoted post: Somehow he just embodies everything Nintendo is.

Somehow? Probably because he is.

Posted by Arcadios

Mr.Nintendo and all that jazz.

Posted by Pit

*** is actually Mario.

Posted by Xero

Poll is closed? Awwwwww.

Overall, Mario has to be Nintendo's best character. It's crystal clear to me. But personally, I think Link is also a great character that just doesn't have as many games than Mario. But they's all pretty good on both sides.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I would have went with Chestnut kids.

Posted by Zig

Sheik, would have to be my favourite.