a tribute

Posted by verystrait42

this is a tribute to the ozzman himself. i know he's not dead yet but he ****in rocks

Posted by Richaod

... that's random. Want to comment?

I have Blizzard of Ozz and a couple of other random songs (Dreamer and Mama, I'm Coming Home), and I quite like them. It's pretty classic heavy metal. It's just a bit repetitive at times though; I find both Black Sabbath and Dio more interesting.

If you want a laugh, check out the Pat Boone cover of Crazy Train. :)

Posted by MetalVox~55

But....Ozzy has nothing to do with his own music except mumble cheesy lyrics?

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah, Ozzy isnt much of a metal idol for me anymore. He even canceld his Ozzfest Apperance here in Indy. I was mad, but i rocked out to Black Lable lol.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: But....Ozzy has nothing to do with his own music except mumble cheesy lyrics?

Not much to do with it, anyway.

Still, there are things to like about "his" stuff.

Posted by The Punisher

The riffs that Randy Rhodes and Zakk Wylde lay out are pretty cool, and i guess when ozzy sh*ts his pants on stage it is kinda hardcore, but still I dont realy like him anymore. I like Sabbath becuase of Tony Iommi(SP?), and g*d yes i love DIO.

Posted by Crazy Canuck

You people have no respect for metal or music in general if you don't respect Ozzy.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting The Punisher: The riffs that Randy Rhodes and Zakk Wylde lay out are pretty cool, and i guess when ozzy sh*ts his pants on stage it is kinda hardcore, but still I dont realy like him anymore. I like Sabbath becuase of Tony Iommi(SP?), and g*d yes i love DIO.

Come on, Ozzy > Dio by a long way.

Posted by cool gamer dad

All of those pills went to his head.

Thus began his solo career. :)

Posted by The Punisher

No.. come on holy diver, holy diver guys.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

rainbow in the dark > holy diver

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: rainbow in the dark > holy diver

quoted for truth

Posted by Skitzo Control

The only reason his solo career was any good was because of his guitarists and drummer. He doesn't/didn't have the talent that some other great solo men did, such as Jimmy Page, Phil Collins, or Eric Clapton. Simply put: Ozzy is not a good musician.

*edit* I must say, though, I feel bad comparing Phil Collins to Ozzy, because I can only think of one Phil Collins song (back when he was with Genesis) that I actually like.:(

*edit2* HOLY CRAP! I forgot Lennon in that list. I'm sorry.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

OMG BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE GENESIS/COLLINS

Posted by Skitzo Control

BJ, they're good, they're very good, and I know that. I just know very little songs because I don't listen to them.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

weeheeellllll then *kracks knuckles*

I'd reccommend, by Genesis "I can't Dance, Jesus he knows me, No Son of Mine, That's All, Hold on to My Heart, Invisible Touch, and Land of Confusion" for STARTERS for Genesis.
Phil himself has a less awesome track record, but it's decent. I know In the Air Tonight, Take me Home, Easy Lover, and Another Day in Paradise come to mind. I dunno, I really like Genesis. Another Prog Rock band I'd recommend is Yes. Yes did some really amazing stuff (aside from the 80s hit, Closer to the Heart, which isn't their best song, by far). I'd recommend some Close to the Edge, and Yours is no disgrace. They do several tempo changes and kinda go off on tangents with the guitars, but it all has a really good, I dunno, grassroots, feel to it. The problem though, is that huge prog bands like the above mentioned as well as Rush and King Crimson overshadowed some other good bands, too. I think styx is horribly underrated, as well as bands like supertramp and colosseum. Give em all a shot, some boner-inspiring stuff in there

Posted by NegativeTrend

Or ignore all the 80s Genesis and get Watcher Of The Skies, Fountain of Salmacis, The Return Of The Giant Hogweed, and all other Gabriel era songs. Supertramp is too poppy but Colosseum are good.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I like Peter Gabriel well enough, but ignoring 80s Genesis doesn't seem logical, captain

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: ignoring Genesis seem logical

Fxd.

Yeah... I'm not a big fan.

Supertramp, on the other hand...

Posted by The Punisher

Phil Collins sold his soul to the Disney Corparation. I admit he has some pretty good stuff though, and there's a band that did a cover of In the Air Tonight, that I realy liked.

Posted by sabre

Quoting TheSecondComing: Fxd.
That's not fixed, it's not even grammatically correct.

Posted by G-Sides

The only thing Ozzy has every done that I've appreciated was that song he did with the Infectious Grooves.

Posted by Klarth

The general reaction when I mention him to people now is "he's a musician?"

*** I hate mtv.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Klarth: The general reaction when I mention him to people now is "he's a musician?"

*** I hate mtv.

I concur.

Posted by Richaod

Well, at least Ozzy's actually in his own songwriting credits.

As opposed to virtually every other person with a mainstream-appealing solo career in the entire music industry.

MTV is teh bad. :(

Posted by The Punisher

Mainstream artists like britney spears, or jessica simpson?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting The Punisher: Mainstream artists like britney spears, or jessica simpson?

Both. :(

I do happen to think that Jessica Simpson has some singing talent, though. But still, the songwriting credits...