Doom the Movie

Posted by The Punisher

I was kinda in and out of it, but I think I might have just seen a Doom Movie preview. Anyone else know about this?

Posted by thelaststand

i know its looks pretty stupid

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I saw the extensive trailer and it kind of sucked. They arent even in hell.

Posted by The Punisher

I didnt notice any of that. I was doing something and then I looked up and it said Doom The Movie and im like whoa someone on VGChat will know about this.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Oh the FPS shots...oh my i can't breathe, oh lol x20000

Posted by The Punisher

is it animated???? lol. Like I said, i looked up and it just said DOOM The movie, didnt see any of the trailer.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting The Punisher: is it animated???? lol. Like I said, i looked up and it just said DOOM The movie, didnt see any of the trailer.

No it isnt animated. And the rock is the main character....LMFAO.

Posted by Caryatid

It might look better if the Rock wasn't in it at all, and it was actually set in hell, instead of some place that looks like a space ship.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hahaha... Doom movie.

It looks fantastically retarded. Probably going to be one of the worst video-game-based-movies right after Alone in the Dark.

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah im guessing so, since the "rock" is in it. Ive never liked him, part of it was becuase he was on that wrestling thing. Oh well, another box office fallout...

Posted by psp

Bah, this will be sad. More than half of the movie is a first person shooter. Its just like watching someone play doom 3, except with cheesy graphics. This move will be lucky if it got even 1 star.

Posted by Spin

Quoted post: Its just like watching someone play doom 3, except with cheesy graphics. This move will be lucky if it got even 1 star.

So true. It looks horrible. I'm amazed that someone like The Rock would put his name down for this, then again, I suppose he is a wrestler...

Posted by The Punisher

Wow that is lame, a first person movie. Hopefuly it will be the last of its kind.

Ive personaly thought the DOOM Franchise was pretty cool, demon slaying with bad a** weapons and all, but if it is as horrible as it is, do you think it will ruin the whole series and franchise? I seriously hope it does not, but bad movies can ruin good games.

Quoted post: do you think it will ruin the whole series and franchise?

No, look at Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

Posted by The Punisher

True, that was a horrible movie, but the game's still own.

Posted by Lord of Spam

My only consolation is that what ever company made this will lose millions.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I like how everyone's getting mad about it not being in hell, when Doom wasn't set in hell, it was set on Mars and its moons phobos and deimos. (edit: I just checked to make sure, and the third episode is set in hell, the first two aren't) Good show, guys.
I think it will suck, but I won't assume anything. I assumed house of wax would suck, and I liked it. The Rock is a decent actor, in my opinion. He plays a "badass" role well. If you disagree, then Ahnuld, Sylvester Stallone, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, etc etc are all ****ty actors too. Entirely not true. They have a role, and they play it. Simple as that. As for the Rock, he sucked in Be Cool, but I won't assume he'll suck in this one, assuming he IS in it as you claim. He's not keanu reeves though, lemme tell ya

Posted by The Punisher

If Keanu Reeves were in this movie I would have a front seat. He's awsome, even though he gets a lot of sh*t for being in the Bill and Ted movies, he's still realy cool. But ive never realy liked the Rock, the demons animations look realy good, I the trailer on TV today. Still ive seen for myself, and I still dont tottaly know yet.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I like how everyone's getting mad about it not being in hell, when Doom wasn't set in hell, it was set on Mars and its moons phobos and deimos. (edit: I just checked to make sure, and the third episode is set in hell, the first two aren't) Good show, guys.

Most of the people here were still drinking from bottles when the original DOOM games came out. Heck, I myself was in elementary school. Granted, I still played them. :cool:

Posted by The Punisher

I boguht the orginal game for like a dollar a months ago, its pretty funny, yet at the same time I still thought it was cool.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I was being sarcastic, Keanu Reeves is the worst actor to ever suck a suck

Posted by The Punisher

Good for you, I like him. But seriously the worst actor ever is Polly Shore.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

PAULY Shore plays his roles well. Granted, they all are loud, morons, but still, at least he pulls it off. http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=matrix2

he has an accurate depiction of Keanu there. Granted, I haven't seen Constantine, but I assume it sucks like all of Keanu's movies

Posted by The Punisher

How can you Polly Shore "pulls it off". He's surroned by a bunch of vary hot women in this new show he is in, and he still acts like a homosexual. Thats not what I call pulling it off. Oh my G*d, that article is hilliarious. I find it funny, but I still like him as an actor.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I seriously can't believe you like keanu reeves, he seriously has no realism in his acting. It's horrible

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah I can understand 100% why you dont like him, becuase he is a goofy stoner. But I still think he's a pretty good actor. The Matrix is one of my favorite movies, but then again I am "The Punisher" and thats the kind of answer you would expect from me.

I think he's really come into his own. He's finally found a character that he can easily pull off.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

yeah but he never literally pulled that character off. He kept it going in all of his movies

Posted by The Punisher

Still it has a large fanbase, and I think he's pretty good at acting in the Matrix.

Posted by Crazy K

It looks completly gay. The Rock is a good actor is some ways, but needs much more training. Anyways I would not bother with this film either way. I dont plan on seing it nore do I plan on renting it. It looks like a peice of ****, noting looks real. Anways I dont mind the Rock in certain films, but this film just looks to gay, no actor could make this film come alive.

Also I absolutly hate Keanu Reeves. After watching constatine, I noticed how bad his acting was.

Posted by Pit

Yeah, they should've chosen Triple H instead. He's a HUNK!

Posted by Boner

This movie starts showing the day of my birthday. This is seriously the worst present ever.

Posted by The Punisher

Tripple H is a Noob. Screw him and all wrestles

Posted by Lord of Spam

Reeves was only good in Bill and Ted. Throughout hte Matrix, I half expected him to say something like "DUDE, AGENTS! GNARLY!" or "Dude, like, i soooooo know kung fu. EXCELLENT!" Aside from that, he should just stop trying.

Posted by The Punisher

Ok I have to agree, I did expect a dude or two to pop out, and I also agree somewhat on the Bill and Ted, it was an awsome movie, but I think he's a pretty good actor, otherwise Warner Brothers, and other various movie producing companys would not be hiring him.

Posted by MetalVox~55

If this movi ewas to be done right, the only person to play the main character would NOT be triple H, but Hacksaw Jim Duggan!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

the trailer looks horrible :(

Posted by The Punisher

Keanu Reeves should so be the main Character, what do you think BJ. =)

Posted by The Judge

He wouldn't show any emotion while shooting people.

...Or talking.

...Or being happy.

...Or being sad.

etc.

Posted by The Punisher

The... The Zombies have come... Quickly get out *Yawn*
That was Radical... Man

Posted by Pavlov

When I first saw the preview in theaters, I thought it wouldn't be very good, especially since Uwe Boll (the guy who did Alone in the Dark) is directing it. Since then, I've heard more about it. The only first person sequence is four minutes long near the finale of the movie. Most of the movie is third. I suppose the only way to accurately judge it will to be to see the movie when it's released in theaters Oct. 21.

Posted by Oforia

[quote=VirtualRealityZone]I saw the extensive trailer and it kind of sucked. They arent even in hell.
They are not supposed to be in hell in the beginning of the story. Have you ever played the game? The beginning is set in a military base.

Posted by The Punisher

Millitary Bass, or Millitary bass that is actualy Hell in disguise. Also whos to completeley say hell is out of the movie, you havent seen it all yet.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

nah, it's actually a military base. Sorry :( You get sent to hell later on.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

psst, me & some buddies of myne saw the trailer in the cinema and it looks real dissapointing. i duno really, it could be a decent movie.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

psst, read the first 2 pages

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

Looking forward to movie...etc. etc.

Boring post now that it is fixed.

Posted by Dexter

I don't think Vin is in Doom, Non-ExistentOne. I believe you have him confused with The Rock. The Rock is more amusing. I wonder how he'll be as Johnny Bravo.

Posted by Non-ExistentOne

Quoting Dexter: I don't think Vin is in Doom, Non-ExistentOne. I believe you have him confused with The Rock. The Rock is more amusing. I wonder how he'll be as Johnny Bravo.

My mistake. I just got back from the hospital, so I'm a little loopy. I'll just fix that post up.

And The Rock as Johnny Bravo? I have to see this.

Posted by misogenie

[FONT="Arial Black"]Another Resident Evil kind of movie.[/FONT]

Posted by Oforia

^no it's not.

Quoted post: Another Resident Evil kind of movie.

RE wasn't THAT bad of a movie... unless you're talking about the second one. Either way, you speak of it like it was the first bad video-game-based-movie.

Posted by The Judge

I just saw the previews recently and it looks terrible. Mostly in first person? What the hell's up with that. I believe this movie was made SPECIFICALLY for die-hard Doom Fans.

I'll still go see it, though.

Quoted post: I believe this movie was made SPECIFICALLY for die-hard Doom Fans.

Definitely not. Maybe they had them in mind... but from what I can tell, it's not made for them. If you know what I meant.

Posted by G-Sides

I just hope it's not as bad as House Of The Dead.

Quoted post: I just hope it's not as bad as House Of The Dead.

That's literally impossible.

Posted by s0ul

There's like, 2 and a half minutes of 1st person and everyone who says differently is wrong.

Okay, the movie rocks. By any normal standards, it's pretty bad, the plot is really not too engaging or meaningful, but the mindless bloody killing is incredible. It has a guy killing himself by smashing his face into glass, how cool is that? Then the first person scene, holy **** that was awesome. Really, it's just like any other generic blow **** up and shoot stuff in space movie except with the coolest 3 minutes of violence EVER and that made it worth the 7 dollars.

I'll trust s0ul and go see it this week.

Posted by Crazy K

MSN gave Doom a 1/2 out of 5 rating, heres their Review. Now I wont judge from one review, I know I would go out and pay 5 dollars to see it in theaters, so im going to wate will it comes on tape, and maybe rent it.

I checked out the User Reviews there and there was tons of people who said they liked the film. There was like only 3 or 4 people that said it sucked.

Anyways heres MSN's review of the film: (link to actual review: http://movies.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=204754 )

The Rock Meets His 'Doom'
Latest video-game-turned-movie effort falls flat

By David Germain
Associated Press

Our rating:
1/2 out of 5

That "Doom" is dumb comes as no great shocker. That The Rock continues to try to build a movie persona beyond one-note hulking action hero is no surprise.

That he fails at every turn ... well, you weren't expecting Brando in "On the Waterfront," were you?

The latest video-game-turned-action-movie sticks to the essentials of the source material, Marines blowing away zombies and mutant monsters on Mars. And it doesn't bring much more to it.

Director Andrzej Bartkowiak ("Romeo Must Die," "Cradle 2 the Grave") keeps the lighting low and the action a blur, and he apparently never saw a don't-go-down-that-dark-hallway horror cliché he didn't want to steal from a thousand other monster movies.

Screenwriters David Callaham and Wesley Strick have created a batch of futuristic military grunts who look like one-dimensional washouts that couldn't make the cut for "Aliens."

And The Rock dispenses with the campy undercurrent of humor that made him a passable action figure in "The Scorpion King" and "The Rundown," here playing a stoic, mercilessly dutiful anti-hero with barely a hint of personality.

The movie's simple premise: Researchers on Mars unleash an ancient evil lingering in the genes of fossil remains of a humanoid race that once lived on the red planet. People are transformed into undead zombies and gnarly demons seeking to pass their monstrous mutation on to others.

Ace Marine veteran Sarge (The Rock) leads his troops into the dark tunnels of the research facility to root out the creatures and salvage the work of archaeologist Samantha Grimm (Rosamund Pike), who happens to be the sister of the Reaper (Karl Urban), one of Sarge's top men.

A deluge of halfhearted B-movie scares is about all "Doom" offers. The most complex character interaction is a superficial exploration of Samantha and her brother's tragic little past.

The Rock's Sarge is robotically boring for most of the movie before turning callously dogmatic about his mission, a scenario in which he's still boring.

"I need soldiers!" Sarge banally declares. "I don't need anybody else but soldiers!"

Creature effects amount to little more than gory carcasses out for a stroll, while this whole legion-of-rabid-zombies thing either needs a major makeover or a long furlough from the big screen.

"Doom" dubiously blurs the line between film and video games by actually turning into a semblance of the game's "first-person shooter" perspective, an extended action sequence of slaughter seen from a Marine hero's point of view. Fans of the game may love it, but the sequence will be a prolonged annoyance to everyone else.

Well thats what they think. When I see it (when it comes on tape) Ill tell you what I think.

MSN does movie reviews? I'd have a tough time believing their opinions for some reason.

Either way, when it comes to movies like Doom, you can't really listen to reviews. It's basically "do you like a lot of action amd gore?". Your opinion on the movie will depend on your answer.

Posted by s0ul

What the hell? The person who wrote that review should have their existing-license revoked. The fact that The Rock had no personality was the entire point of his character. Is he stupid? He was SUPPOSED to be a robotic emotionless killing machine, and they were upset that he... that's ridiculous.

I guess my opinion is biased, being a gamer, but honestly, if you expected an Oscar-winning performance from The Rock OR a video game movie in general, you're a moron. If you go to the movie knowing that all you're gonna get is some high energy murder, some cool music, and a guy smashing his face into some glass 'til he dies (I can't emphasize how funny it was), you will be content.

Oh, and... that guy is a fool, the 1st person scene was the best part of the movie.

Quoted post: The fact that The Rock had no personality was the entire point of his character. Is he stupid? He was SUPPOSED to be a robotic emotionless killing machine, and they were upset that he

You make a good point. What do they want him to do? Break down and cry, prance around, or giggle merrily? Be realistic, you're not going to send someone full of emotions on a mission where their main goal is to mow down terrifying beasts.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Vamprio]MSN does movie reviews?

I guess. I never even knew they did reviews, I just saw a pitcure of the rock on MSN home and it said "the rock doomed" or something like that.

I aint going by the review itself, I do plan on seing the movie once it comes out on tape. Im mainly awaiting Saw 2.