Any realy great SNES RPGs

Posted by The Punisher

Any tittles I should buy?

Posted by Klarth

Buy? oh wtf, just get them on emulator.

I recommend Tales of Phantasia, Seiken Densetsu III and Star Ocean.

Posted by The Punisher

Shhhhhhhh. Its kinda decoy, I thought speaking about EMULATORS and all were not allowed on these boards. Yeah ill look for those games. *wink wink*

Posted by inequity

Hm...there are many good tittles on the SNES. But I reccomend Final Fantasy II and III, earthbound and super mario RPG...good luck trying to come across them though...

Posted by Outlaw

Quoting The Punisher: Any tittles I should buy?

Final Fantasy II (IV)
Final Fantasy III (VI)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy V
Terranigma
Soul Blazer
Ogre Battle
Tactics Ogre
Chrono Trigger
Radical Dreamers
Secret Of Everymore
Star Ocean
Bahamut Lagoon
Rudra's Treasure
Treasure Hunter G
Tales Of Phantasia
Paladin's Quest
Secret Of Mana
Live A Live
Arcana
7h Saga
Brain Lord
Robotrek
Ilussion Of Gaia
E.V.O
Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2 for those who don't know)
Front Mission
Front Mission: Gun Hasard
Alcahest
Romancing Saga
Romancing Saga 2
Romancing Saga 3
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest III (Nes remake)
Dragon Quest I + II (Nes remake)
Earthbound
Fire Emblem III
Fire Emblem IV
Fire Emblem V
Lufia
Lufia II
Breath Of Fire
Breath Of Fire II
Super Mario RPG
Actraiser

Note: You might wanna purchase the Snes's Universal Adapter first like I did. With that, you could play Jap, U.S and Pal games on your system. Most of em are in japanese but still worth a buy. Specialy if your into Rpg's.

Posted by The Punisher

Wow sounds cool.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

My personal second favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy III, so obviously, I'd recommend that.

As well, try Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy II, Super Mario RPG, and Chrono Trigger.

All excellent games.

Posted by Xero

I really consider super mario RPG! 100% fun.

Posted by Jean Paul

Bahamut lagoon and breath of fire will do...

Posted by Pikamon

Lufia 1 and 2 are superb. I highly recommend them.
Super Mario RPG is a must own for any Mario fan.
Final Fantasy V, VI are both excellent as well (I'd get the Playstation remakes if I were you. You can order them online at ebgames.com).
Chrono Trigger is definately worth a look.
Secret of Mana is unique and very untraditional, as far as RPG's go. A good play if you're looking for something that's light and addicting.

Posted by dangergoblin

yes, lufia 2 definatly... the ending made me cry.

Posted by Litbut

Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG are great SNES RPG titles. But I haven't found Chrono Trigger myself yet.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Pikamon:
Final Fantasy V, VI are both excellent as well (I'd get the Playstation remakes if I were you. You can order them online at ebgames.com).

While the PSX remakes may be easier to come by, I've seen many people get discouraged and lose interest thanks to the g*d awful load times.

If you own a GBA, you're in luck because FF6 is coming to the GBA very soon. Otherwise, the SNES version is the way to go. But if you have no choice, play the PSX version. At least with that one you get cool FMVs and concept artwork and all that. If you buy FF Anthology brand new, it also comes with a CD of the original music from FF5 and FF6.

Also try:
Final Fantasy 4 (called "Final Fantasy II" on the SNES in the USA)
Chrono Trigger (also on the PSX as FF Chronicles, paired with FF4)
Super Mario RPG (really fun, and pretty easy)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (very easy, but worth at least 1 play)
Secret of Mana (adventure/RPG, real-time fights, and 3 players!)
Earthbound (peculiar game, but really fun)

Posted by Tyler Durden

Eh, Chrono Trigger is over rated.

Super Mario RPG would be more enjoyable if not for the little fact that you can't level-up past 30.. :cool: Other than that; the plot runs smoothly, the layout for the battle sequences are easily maneuverable to novice RPG'ers, and it's really fun even if not a true fan of RPGs.

Posted by G-Sides

"the punisher" hasn't posted on vgc since february, stop responding to this thread :s

(earthbound is the best snes rpg ever)

Posted by Creedence

Chrono Trigger and Earthbound are all you need for a long time of gaming. Earthbound has lasted me over 7 hours and I still haven't beet it. Chrono Trigger is just awesome, if you want get the one for PS1 also, it has some extra stuff and better graffics. Also there is a Final Fantasy Chronicles pack where your can get Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger.

Please don't dissagree with me just for talking about PS1 games.

And dude I think this thread is for anybody looking for Snes RPG Games.

Posted by Buhnz_O'Steele

Quoting Inequity: Hm...there are many good tittles on the SNES. But I reccomend Final Fantasy II and III, earthbound and super mario RPG...good luck trying to come across them though...

yeah I nearly had to kill someone to get FFIII

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Chrono Trigger, if not the best is way up there in a list of "Most kick *** RPGs of all time"

Posted by Desperado

I noticed my earlier list had sum not so good rpgs, here's an upgraded one of the must have rpg's for starters and pros (in my op of course)

Arcana
Actraiser
Alcahest
Bahamut Lagoon
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire 2
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Quest III (remake)
Dragon Quest VI
Equinox
Earthbound
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Fire Emblem IV
Fire Emblem V
Front Mission
Front Mission Gun Hazard
Illusion Of Gaia
Live A Live
Ogre Battle
Robotrek
Romancing Saga III
Rudra's Treasure
Secret Of Evermore
Secret Of Mana
Seiken Densetsu III
Soul Blazer
Super Mario RPG
Star Ocean
Tactics Ogre
Tales Of Phantasia
Terranigma
Treasure Hunter G
Zelda A Link To The Past

(they'l last you for a lifetime)

Posted by cronomaster

Chrono Trigger is one of the best games ever made I am very byist but almost any game made by squaresoft is going to serve you well Oh and there is nothing overrated about Chrono Trigger

Posted by clearlytheman

New Horizons also know as Uncharted Waters2 is my personal favourite.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Final Fantasy VI (III), Final Fantasy VI (III), Final Fantasy VI (III). Chrono Trigger is pretty good too.

Posted by Cloud 9

It's border line RPG but, Demons Crest is one my Faves

Posted by Litbut

Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and Super Mario RPG are supposed to be good.

Posted by KluE

Seiken Densetsu III is the only RPG I can think of that's worth playing that hasn't been pounded into the ground by other posters already...along with Illusion of Gaia and pit-fall and one other game whose name which escapes me...an action RPG with a 1 word title, name of the main character...it had a sequel, but all I can remember is bits and pieces from the game, no characters...anyone know what Im talking about?

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm sure Punisher has been waiting 2 years to hear this.