Internet Explorer Upgrade

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Ok, so we just got a new computer, and for some unknown reason, it only came with IE 5.1. We have to upgrade our ISP's security system, but in order to do that, we need IE 5.5 or higher for some reason that's beyond me. So anyway, I can't figure out how to update IE if 6.0.

Bare with my lame question, this is a Compaq. :(

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Firefox.

Or just download IE 6.0 from a website?

Posted by -Shadow-

Yeah dude, just download the newest Mozilla Firefox. It's definatly alot more stable than IE.

Posted by coromoro

Read his post again. :)

Posted by Richaod

[url]www.microsoft.com[/url]

Just search it up, it should be there.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Linkman: Ok, so we just got a new computer, and for some unknown reason, it only came with IE 5.1. We have to upgrade our ISP's security system, but in order to do that, we need IE 5.5 or higher for some reason that's beyond me. So anyway, I can't figure out how to update IE if 6.0.

Bare with my lame question, this is a Compaq. :(

Okay, you guys, let's examine this.

He got a new computer. Check.
It came with EI 5.1. check.
He has to upgrade to the ISP*'s security system.
*An "ISP" is an "internet service provider."
!
He can't connect to the internet?
But wait, he's currently on the internet!
[That's the part where I crash. Unless, of course, you're still using the old one.]

I think you can buy an installation CD or you can try to transfer currently accessible online IE data.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I needed IE 5.5 or higher to UPGRADE the SECURITY SYSTEM. Just because the security system isn't up to date, doesn't mean it wont let me on the internet. It'll just constantly email you reminders and stuff. It's quite annoying

But, it doesn't matter anyway, because I figured it out.