Super Mario Strikers...

Posted by Drewboy64

What do you think of this game? I might buy it, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, the artwork they use for this game looks really awesome. I mean the drawn out art and stuff. It sort of hints that they are trying to make mario appeal to a more mature audience.
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/748/748415/imgs_1.html

Posted by boomstick

Oh, it's just another Mario spinoff....

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I see room for a bit more improvement, but otherwise it looks like it could turn out really good. Not great, but good.

Either way, I generally hate soccer games, but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting Strikers. It looks fun and that's all I care about.

Posted by coromoro

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting this one. I like soccer, my friend likes soccer. I like games, my friend likes games! Multiplayer fun! :cool:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I'd probably get it if I had the time to play, or friends who actually played video games.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Well, out of Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, and Mario Baseball, this is the only spin-off i'm looking forward to playing.[/COLOR]

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

This game is one of the best Mario "sport" games I have played. It is fun for everyone. I played a little demo of it a GameCrazy before it came out. The controls are easy to learn so... anyone can pick it up and play it.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]Well, out of Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, and Mario Baseball, this is the only one spin-off i'm looking forward to playing.[/COLOR]

Mario Golf is superior!

Although I haven't played this game yet...or ever...I'll still say that Mario Golf is better :cool:

Quoted post: Mario Golf is superior!

I must concur. I loved the Mario Golf games.

Posted by Drewboy64

i played mario Strikers' demo, and man it was fun. You can press Y to slam into people and take the ball. It's hilarious.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I read the title as "Mario Stickers". Anyways...

I haven't played the game yet, but I'm planning to. Oh and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour is awesome.

Posted by Arczu

It's amazing. With nearly each new sport Mario is involved in, tons of people find it to be fun.

You can bet I'll be playing this whatever chance I get.

Quoted post: It's amazing. With nearly each new sport Mario is involved in, tons of people find it to be fun.

That's because they take the realism out of sports titles and only leave behind the basic principles.

Posted by D.J Cat

Or, I remember a quote from a Mario Tennis review saying something like:
It's not really a sports game but a Mario game, an therefore great fun.

This game sounds fun, and its something I've been waiting for Nintendo to do for a long time. I hope its as good as I imagine it to be.

Now come on with Mario Aussie Rules and Mario Cricket.

Posted by Drewboy64

Wow, I played this game and it was really fun. Me and my bro were playing the demo in EB and such. I love takling people and dodging tackles and doing a super goal kick.

Posted by The_Thing

I dunno... I mean, I have Mario Power Tennis, so I couldn't go any lower, could I? Money is really my only problem. Mario Superstar Baseball looks pretty awesome too. Ahhh so many Mario Spinoffs nowadays. SSX On Tour. DDR Mario Mix. WHICH I MUST GET!

Oops... I'm getting off topic.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting The_Thing: SSX On Tour.

That's not a Mario spinoff.....

Posted by Drewboy64

I usually don't play mario sports games (other than mario kart, if you can include that as one), but I'm thinking of getting Strikers for X-mas. Yum.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

SSX On Tour has Mario in it, if I'm not mistaken. At least on GCN.

And to be honest, I'd much rather play Pro Evo than this. Yeah, fun, Mario, whoo. But it'll be too cuddly and balloony. Like Mario Tennis. I think you all know what I mean - there was no real response to the characters.

I really enjoyed Mario Tennis... same with Golf and Kart. I don't see any reason why I won't enjoy this one too. I'm nto a big fan of soccer, but all Mario sports titles (minus baseball) have been incredibly easy to pick up and incredibly fun to play, and really fast-paced. this one doesn't appear to be an exception. I guess we'll have to see, though.

Posted by Drewboy64

Dang, I was gonna buy this game until I realized it wasn't out yet... The demo came out pretty early I think.

Posted by Ant

If it's anything like Mario Tennis then I probably won't like it. A little too willy nilly for my tastes. But I wouldn't be against trying it.

Posted by fpselite

i dont like the novelty mario games

Posted by brionlaken92

dude mario games suk, unlike mario64 that one was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by sniperwolf128

This game looks really good not sure if i will buy it or not. i like football (soccer) and mario game this looks like the best mario sports game so far.

Posted by Random

ok so I definately played this game. It's definately a good multiplayer game. But playing against the computer is easy as pie. Just like all games I prefer to mostly play Multiplayer because I like to have real competition. Thats why I believed bots were never enough. This game is definately worthy of a rental and maybe a purchase when it hits $29.99, but it's a sports game and most sports games lose their fun after a few weeks. Fun for now, but maybe not so much later.

Going to play it as we speak.

Posted by Lord of Spam

This game is pure awesome. I've played a few hours of it today, and my god, it just keeps getting better. The controls are rediculously simple, the gameplay is fun, and the animations are funny.

Playing this game while mildly intoxicated with a few friends should be more fun than any one person is allowed.

Yeah, I got bored of the single-player pretty quickly. Though it still remians fun with friends. Just doesn't have the staying-power that SSBM has.

Posted by Ant

I can't think of any game that has the staying power of SSBM. :/

Quoted post: I can't think of any game that has the staying power of SSBM. :/

That's a good point...

Posted by Random

I like Mario Strikers but its way more fun with Multiplayer and nobody else seems to like it. I've had 7 different friends try it and hate it. *sigh* I wish it were an online game.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Super Mario Strikers almost makes me see what the Nintendo fanboys are talking about.

Almost.

Posted by Drewboy64

Do nintendo fanboys say that mario sports games are good or something?
Strikers is the only mario sports game I'm willing to play. I've played mario golf, and it wasn't taht fun.

Posted by Ant

Mariogolf was a fantastic game in my opinion. It made a golf game fun! It has just enough technique to not make it a kids game, but not so much as to call it a serious golfers game. And the enviroments were all very well done, as well. But I don't want to go on about it in this thread.

Ant is correct.

Correct.

You like Mario Golf? Shame you didn't pick up my guide in Nintendo Official Magazine.

Posted by Random

I think Mario Golf was a laughing stock. I personally thought it was boring. Mario baseball was a good improvement. A better Mario sports game but yet it lacked long gameplay. It was rather boring after a while. But Mario Strikers has even improved that. The Multiplayer is far better than I imagined even if the Computer sucks. I beat the computer 27-0 yesterday. *sigh* thats why I prefer multiplayer games.. 27 goals and it's a short game :-\

Posted by Drewboy64

What I like about Strikers is that it's simple and has lost of action. It's just fun.

Posted by R3N3G4D3

my friend an i played this AT blockbuster for about 2 hours
i almost went to EB games on the way home to buy a gamecube
i loved the game

Posted by brownoystercult

Animations are too repetitive. And how much is this game? 49.99? Not worth it.

Posted by Drewboy64

I played the new demo, and I like how you can slide now. Why is this game not worth it? Give me more reasons other than repetitive animations. Because it's pretty fun to me.

Dishing out 50 dollars for one of the most simple soccer games out there?

Please, I'm all for FIFA.

Posted by Ant

It's the soccer game for people who don't like full blown soccer. I would never play anything like FIFA, but I would at least consider trying out this one. It's just fun.

Posted by Cronoan

When is Mario ever not "just fun"? I'm going to at least rent it. :P

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Roinkz: Dishing out 50 dollars for one of the most simple soccer games out there?

Please, I'm all for FIFA.

See, Mario Strikers is good because it isn't like realistic soccer. It adds elements that make gameplay fun and exciting.

Posted by Yui

I rented it and its been pretty fun so far. that thing where you can bash into people is hilarious it never gets old, just stand by the ball then when someone comes towards it slam into them(best if done by a wall).

Quoting Drewboy64: See, Mario Strikers is good because it isn't like realistic soccer. It adds elements that make gameplay fun and exciting.

Like the repetitive "super strike shot" and pressing "Y" to "big hit" other players.

Those ARE the only other elements implemented into this compared to a FIFA game, correct? Big whoop. FIFA goes MUCH more in depth in the gameplay.

In the end, it's worth a rental, but 50 dollars is a lot of money, and you have to understand that. While soccer for non-soccer fans is meaningless.

Posted by Drewboy64

No, you can use items and such. And in depth, complex gameplay isn't necessarily good. The simple gameplay of Strikers is what makes it fun.

Posted by R3N3G4D3

play it with 3 friends and youll see how fun it is
we played it all day and it never got old,

best game evar!!!!11

You're not allowed to post any more.

Posted by GSNForce.com

It's good except it has the worst loading times of any GC game.

It moves too slow...it could be a bit faster paced....

Posted by talentz

Yer I got the game It's really cool how yo do your mega-strike.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]MegaMan Soccer was better.

WAY better.

Anyways... I played this game once with my kid cousin and he kicked the crap out of me. But then again, he refused to tell me what any of the controls were or how to play the game.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Linko_16

You just told me it was terrible, you bastard.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[quote=Linko_16;778978][COLOR=indigo]You just told me it was terrible, you bastard.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]That, too.[/COLOR]

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting brownoystercult: Animations are too repetitive. And how much is this game? 49.99? Not worth it.

Do you work in a sweat shop or something? Paying any less for such a well-put-together game would be stealing. The controls are so balanced that they're simple enough for anyone to use, and complex enough for players to perform skillful combinations in dominating other players. There's elements of power shots, pass charging, teleporting, fliping, power ups, side kick combinations, and tackeling that all play a part of making the game MUCH more intuitive than a louzy realistic soccer game... Go play actual Soccer if you like realisim, It's free so you don't have to worry about the costs. :D

It's not that great. jesus.

Posted by WillisGreeny

What else do you expect from a Nfan boy? :D

Just trying to get across that the game was good enough for 50 bucks, em I rite?

Not really. Maybe if online was better.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Not really. Maybe if online was better.

That's the Wii for ya. However, it was their first attempt.