Metool

Posted by Fei-on Castor

This one is made of Legos.

The first time I saw these guys in a MM game was, of course, Mega Man 1, in none other than Gutsman's level, at the very beginning.

But these primative metools could merely sit still, lifting up their impenetrable armor only for a moment, to release shots, in hopes to stop the diabolical Mega Man from destroying the world.

Realizing that his current Metools weren't sufficient, Doctor Wily, the kind-hearted genius behind the wonderous creation developed newer metools to defend the world from Megaman, including walking, jumping, and even swimming Metools.

But Megaman managed to destroy these beautiful creatures, even now.

Their last hope was to create a giant Boss Metool, who appeared in the second version of Needleman's level, in Mega Man 3. He's entirely impervious to any attack, with one exception. There's a flaw in his design that left the logo on his cool hat vulnerable.

Mega Man is a cold, calculating being, with bad intentions for the Metool population, so he exploited this weakness, which I consider to pretty low down. I mean, these Metools never shot him in the genitals while he was recovering from a hit, but oh well. Mega Man is a dirty fighter, with no regard for honor.

I think the metools ought to do something new.

Dr. Wily's intentions are good enough, you know, to build more powerful metools.

But, as a mere human, he is too weak. The metools themselves should just overthrow Wily, and begin producion on a more sophisticated Metool, one that even a dirty scoundrel like Mega Man can't destroy.

Posted by Roth

Quit trying to get rep.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting Roth: Quit trying to get rep.

I second that. We know what a Metool is, we don't need a biography of one.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Heh, no, it's actually because I just recently started playing the old Mega Man games, and I've noticed how many times these little guys change form and function, and I thought, "What's a really weird way to describe that?", and came up with the whole Wily as a good guy because he made them thing.

I honestly don't care about getting rep, but meh. It was just a fun idea.

EDIT - The purpose isn't to inform you all of what metools are, and to offer a bioi. The purpose is to start a thread for discussing metools without just saying:

"K, guyz, this is a new thread for talking about metools cuz they are awesome!"

I was using a more creative way than that because... Well, I don't know why, but I was.

So on with the discussion.

Metools have appeared in every MM game that I've played, but they're always a little different. I've seen ones that can fly, jump, and swim and such.

I think at the beginning of one MM game, Mega Man himself puts on a Metool cap, for a second, but I honestly have no idea which game that was.

Posted by Minesweeper

That'd be 7. ^^

*ahem*

MEEEEEEEEEEETOOOOOOOOOOOL! <3

Yes, the mets should rule the earth. :cool: But, I don't think they would, since they're such sweet, lovable lil' guys. :3