'sup

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

k, so I have another interview tomorrow morning (sucks to be bk) at Microplay (video game store). I go in there often enough that the manager recognizes me and knows that I want the job, so I'm hoping I'll get it, obviously. Just for the weekends though, and possibly friday night, because I work tues and wed at the vet clinic, have class thurs morning and night (and class mon, tues, wed, fri mornings/afternoons) so otherwise I'll be more dead.

oh, and also, how tired/sick do you guys generally get? I mean, I go to bed before eleven, some nights at ten, and get at least eight and a half hours of sleep if not a bit more. I take a bloody vitamin every morning, get enough excersize during the day, I actually eat breakfast now (although I probably should have a bit more varied diet), and I feel like I'm going to die every day. Either I'm lacking something, or my immune etc. sucks even more than I thought, because I either have a cold, or the flu, ALL OF THE TIME. meh, maybe I should go and see a doctor again so they can tell me that I'm just a teenager and that's normal YEAH OK

hi, how are you guys?

Posted by Ant

I didn't sleep last night and I feel fantastic! Actually, it's making my stomach feel weird...but whatever.

Other then that I have a horrible diet and sleep cycle and almost never get sick. Normally once a year...maybe twice...tops.

Posted by 007 ninja

Quoting Ant: I didn't sleep last night and I feel fantastic! Actually, it's making my stomach feel weird...but whatever.

Other then that I have a horrible diet and sleep cycle and almost never get sick. Normally once a year...maybe twice...tops.

YOU'RE HILARIOUS

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Low immune system = lots of illness. No matter how much sleep I get.

Anyways, I've never ben in a Microplay, but if it's anything like my job, you should find it pretty entertaining. Whether it be demos, displays, or the stupid questions little kids and parents ask.

So yeah, you better get it... or else.

:D

Posted by Poison

I do this thing where I pass out on my bed (after a long day of "work").

Posted by Klarth

Finally, weekend. I bought a Pain of Salvation CD and I'm listening to it and stuff, so I'll just roll out here until suppertime. I'll prolly break out the counterstrike or the FF7 in a few minutes.

k, first interview went well. I have another on Monday (two brothers own the store, they each interview the same person separately) so let's hope all goes well!

K homowork/study time. :(

Posted by The Judge

lol homowork

Posted by 007 ninja

Quoting Vampiro: Low immune system = lots of illness. No matter how much sleep I get.

Anyways, I've never ben in a Microplay, but if it's anything like my job, you should find it pretty entertaining. Whether it be demos, displays, or the stupid questions little kids and parents ask.

So yeah, you better get it... or else.

YOU'RE HILARIOUS

Posted by Poison

Quoting 007 ninja: YOU'RE HILARIOUS

You make me giggle with awkwardness!

Quoted post: YOU'RE HILARIOUS

K

Posted by Stalolin

my *** i just watched "A Clockwork Orange" for the first time and now i feel like i want to rape my mind with spear-like toothpicks created from hitler's bones

i mean *******it

that movie raped my mind

I WANT DETAILS.

It stuck its penis in his ear and continued to thrust.

MORE DETAILS.

Posted by 007 ninja

Quoting Angelwing: I WANT DETAILS.

YOU'RE NOT HILARIOUS

and you are?

gtfo plz

So of course once I think Microplay isn't going to call back, they leave me a message tonight. :mad: Earlier today, I went to a petstore, and they want me to come in for a trial shift on Saturday. I'm in such a pickle!

Quoted post: So of course once I think Microplay isn't going to call back, they leave me a message tonight.

AND?! Did you get the job, or are they at least considering you?

Oh, and if it comes down to Microplay or a petstore... well I think you know what the better decision is.

WELL, I wasn't home, but I'm guessing that I did get the job. There were two other people that were being interviewed; two brothers own the store, and they both interview each person separately (which is why I went to two interviews). I don't think they'd be calling to tell that I didn't get the job...I'm pretty sure they've made a decision.

...but...but a petstore...:(

****it, i hate my luck. Nobody wants me for two years, and all of a sudden, the two stores I've been trying to get a job at need someone at the same time. Maybe I'll just stay at bk! ;)

Quoted post: I don't think they'd be calling to tell that I didn't get the job...I'm pretty sure they've made a decision.

I've been turned down for a job over the phone, so that could be it...

But come on, you know you got the job. Come on. Come on. Seriously.

Either way, why not work at both places. Discounts on videogames AND puppies!? Could it get any better?

lol someone's actually called you after an interview and told you that you didn't get the job? :(

But I think I got it. I'm gonna call tomorrow, because they were closed once I got home. And I've been thinking about trying to work at both, but that would be hard. I have school during the day and a class on thursday nights, I work at the vet clinic on tuesdays and wednesdays and ocassionally one other day per week (like tomorrow, for instance) which leaves all day sat (which is only 10-6), all day sunday (I think it's 12-6) some parts of friday, and a bit on monday. Plus I need time to be able to do my homowork and studying and other shat. So I'm not sure if working at both will actually work out, unless they both only need me for a day or two.

Gah, that's a fairly busy scheduel. Even if you could fit in two jobs, it wouldn't be worth it. Too much stress and not enough "down time".

Though I guess you have to consider your future when thinking of what job you want to take. You're looking to get into the vet business, so what could possibly be better than working at a petstore where you have to take care of animals? The only downside is the attachement that might grow between you and certain animals.

Quoted post: lol someone's actually called you after an interview and told you that you didn't get the job?

Yeah. The conversation pretty much went: "Hello, uh, we're calling to say that, unfortunately... you didn't get the job. You're just not what we're looking for in an employee".

All I could say was "oh... ok, bye"

Then I realised that they pretty much insulted me.

What bastards. You shoulda been like, 'meh, I've gotten hired at a better job.'

But yeah, I've been leaning more towards the pet store. But nothing's definite, and I just don't know anymore. :mad: I do know, though, that it will be a happy, happy day when I leave burger king.

Oh, and about discounts on puppies...they have purebred cocker spaniels and bichons at the moment, I believe, all over $700...

But I did get my 3 for $20 stick insects here. :D They specialize in more exotic pets, so it'd be even more interesting than a regular petstore. And it's nice and small.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Angelwing: 3 for $20

American I assume.

Quoted post: They specialize in more exotic pets,

Case closed.

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting Ant: American I assume.

This reminds me of the time I was doing an assignment that delt with currencies from different nations. I got to Canada and started thinking that Canada had their own symbol for their currency.

I felt like the biggest idiot in all of the surrounding multiverses.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Well I got to sleep till three. Then I started playing Final Fantasy 7 again, went to this retarded parade thing for my little cousin. Then came back to my grandparents and wanted till I could get online and see what everyone here was up to.

Quoted post: went to this gay parade

fix'd

Quoting Stalolin: This reminds me of the time I was doing an assignment that delt with currencies from different nations. I got to Canada and started thinking that Canada had their own symbol for their currency.

I felt like the biggest idiot in all of the surrounding multiverses.

lmfao you thought so because we are just that special up here.

And no Anthony, it was not american. That'd be a rip off...except they're sticks that move...

And...I didn't get the job. The guy actually called to say that 'blah blah blah we were down to three people, you were all strong blah blah blah oh you weren't strong enough *****' then I'm all ' I could kick your ***' then he's all 'oh yeah come on down here' and I'm like 'fine then' and we had at it. I won, of course, because I never lose.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

whoa vamp, whoa

needs more details on the *** kicking

Quoted post: And...I didn't get the job. The guy actually called to say that 'blah blah blah we were down to three people, you were all strong blah blah blah oh you weren't strong enough *****' then I'm all ' I could kick your ***' then he's all 'oh yeah come on down here' and I'm like 'fine then' and we had at it. I won, of course, because I never lose.

Oh man, they actually called to say you didn't get the job?

I feel less special all of a sudden. :(

At least the guy got what was coming to him.

Yeah, but...we can be the same special together. :)

Yeah, I showed him good.

btw, I got the job at the petstore. I'll work my last shift at bk tomorrow, but then never again!!!

Quoted post: btw, I got the job at the petstore. I'll work my last shift at bk tomorrow, but then never again!!!

Go out with a band.

Cause a huge commotion, like screaming and yelling and throwing glitter.

Then people will be like "... but you quit"

And you'll be like "oh yeah..."

And then walk out calmly like nothing happened.

Hahah, I should. :cool:

Posted by Stalolin

We should all move to Canada.

Even the Canadians.

Pack up your stuff, drive in a circle for twelve hours, and go back to your house and unpack.

Quoted post: We should all move to Canada.

Even the Canadians.

Pack up your stuff, drive in a circle for twelve hours, and go back to your house and unpack.

Why did I laugh at that?

Quoted post: Hahah, I should.

No, seriously, do it. Get someone to record it though, then post it here.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Angelwing: I'm all ' I could kick your ***' then he's all 'oh yeah come on down here' and I'm like 'fine then' and we had at it. I won, of course, because I never lose.

...except at interviews. :(

zing!

Hey...shut up!

Now I will never, ever have to work at a fast food restaurant again. It's the best feeling. Ever.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Angelwing: Now I will never, ever have to work at a fast food restaurant again. It's the best feeling. Ever.

Hopefully...hopefully

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Did they throw you a party on your last day!:O?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Vampiro]Why did I laugh at that?

Because when I say dumb things, it's funny.

Nah, they didn't give me anything, as it was a surprise for most of them. I had only told one manager the night before over the phone. But I did win a draw that we had for a $50 gift certificate (to a mall, I'm assuming).

Posted by Poison

Quoting Angelwing: to a mall

They have mails in Canada??

Quoted post: They have mails in Canada??

You mean "mall", right?

And yeah, we have the biggest mall in the world (West Edmonton Mall).

Yeah, have you ever been there poison? Didn't think so. We outrule your malls.